TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am back. My new Grandaughter is just perfect and so far she is a very contented baby. My daughter is much better, the antibiotics are doing the trick.
My 4 year old Grandaughter is very sweet with her little sister but doesn't like it when she cries which is thankfully not very often. She was however heard to say ' could you please get that baby off me now' when we were having some photos done yesterday and the baby was on her lap (with me supporting). It was so funny!
King knee was not happy with the trip. It has been punishing me by being more stiff and swollen than it has been for weeks. It was worth it!
I am however not at all worried, I know is it just soft tissue tantrums and nothing more. I am planning to spend the next few days doing some serious knitting with my feet up and a steady stream of ice packs in place and I am sure it will soon settle. It is feeling much better this morning but I haven't embarked on any exercises yet.
Hope everyone is well,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy: :yay:
 
Happy post coming up :yay:
I had an e mail today telling me that there is increased funding and all jobs at my level are safe, no job interview or presentation. Woo hoo!
Unfortunately many of my friends doing different roles in the team are still going to be interviewed and are still at risk. :sad:
I saw the doctor today and after discussion we have decided on 4th June as my return to work date.
It was a week longer than I had planned but I respect my doctor and am happy to follow her advice.
My knee is responding well to rest. I am so tired today that sitting still is not too difficult.
Today life is good, it has been a good week,
Hugs to all,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :cheers: :yes!:
 
What a lovely end to you lovely week. Good news TF about your job. How long do you think you will be at work before you have your next TKR. Can you imagine going thru all this again. O Joy. Mt right knee has been very painful today but I have been on my feet all day preparing for Robyns party. I think I might give the bouncy castle a miss. So pleased for your good news.
 
Thank you Pat robynhood. I hope the party is a great success. I hope your knee settles, maybe the bouncy castle is the answer?!
My knee is very unhappy again tonight despite my quiet day.
I don't know how long I will be back at work before surgery two, depends how long it takes to get a surgery date. Last time it was about 18 weeks from Pre op assessment till surgery. Last time I was desperate to get on with it, this time I don't mind if it takes a couple of months.
Have a great weekend,
Toothfairy x :kittykiss:
 
Toothfairy, what a wonderful week for you seeing new granddaughter. So special seeing a brand new baby - such a miracle. Pity about the knee playing up, but like you say it was worth the travel. And what a relief about your job,now you can sit back and rest before having to go back on the 4the June, without all the worry. Great news. Enjoy your weekend. Jenny:SUNsmile:
 
Thank you Jenny kimejen I am having to remind myself about the P word patience.
I am struggling a bit with the fact that I have rested and my knee isn't instantly better again!
I should and do know better. It took a week or two of overdoing things to get it really upset so why am I expecting it to instantly calm down. :what: :whistle:
More resting, icing and elevating today and more knitting.
It is a beautiful morning here so maybe a gentle stroll in the sunshine too which always lifts my spirits.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :yes: :rolleyes:
 
Morning TF just wanted to say... Don't get disheartened. It's just a learning curve about "going with the flow". Let go of thoughts about where you "should be" and have more thoughts about how amazing your recovery has been. When you get an almighty niggle stepping back from exercise and doing things I find doesn't rectify the problem. Stopping altogether gives the knee time to get back on track.

You sound so proactive and usually lead a very hectic life so even though you found it refreshing to hold back and rest, your body is asking you to do more of that.

I teach my clients innate thinking. One thing that is true is that you are 100% feeling your thinking. You are creating ALL of your thinking (and therefore feelings) and don't have any control over what type of thinking you create BUT you were born with free will and choice to decide whether you are going to believe and hold on to the thoughts that make you feel bad. Rather than changing bad thoughts KNOW that we can let them go so that new, more creative thought can arise.

Just imagine If someone else was in your position, they might be thrilled where they are.....all thoughts arise from our perception and there are many many ways you could think about your gippy knee at the moment.

Happy thoughts lovely lady. Enjoy your restful day. Isn't it interesting that when we are forced to slow down our mind can empty enough to create more original thought about our life, loves, interests and wants.

Big hugs Rosie xxxxx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTKR. 9 March 2013
 
Thank you Rosie rosieJ for your lovely supportive post. :thankyou: :goodpost: :iagree:
I am feeling positive and I truly am pleased with my progress. This is just a self induced blip and a lovely knitting opportunity.
I think part of my frustration is I am longing to go and look at sewing machines and choose one. I had planned to go last Tuesday but stayed home to rest my knee before the journey.
I have enjoyed so many unexpected benefits from this recovery. It was preceded by a number of very challenging years both work wise and personal life wise so I have benefitted hugely from some time out. It has given me a chance to re- engage with my creative side as I am not always exhausted. I am going to try to hang on to prioritising some me time when I go back to work.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
It's good to hear that you are not too frustrated. For most people who have extremely hectic lives and also lots of personal things going on the most natural way to deal with this sort of opp is to become worried and anxious because of the loss of control. It's happened to me too. But the best way is to enjoy the time off. To reengage with who we really are and what we would really like to experience in life. It seems that this is exactly what you have been doing, how lovely. Me too.... I can feel as I get stronger and now I'm back to work full time that things are beginning to take over. It's so easy to forget that I'm doing a little bit too much.

That sewing machine is waiting for you out there. I too am champing at the bit To get going on some projects. It's so exciting that sometimes I can't get to sleep at night because my mind is racing with lovely creative thoughts, not great for getting to sleep! How sad is that!

I can't wait to see the things that you are going to make and since you're going to have your next opp So soon you will still have time to enjoy all these new found crafts.

I have just been in the garden to pot up some plants that have just arrived in the post. The weather is horrible and it's just about to pour with rain. So it just had to be done!

I'm now sitting icing and resting. I know that I need to get on with some cleaning but I'm going to wait for a bit until I feel that I can spend an hour doing it. This moderation lark is really hard :-)

I'm Going to update my thread later on today when I have finished doing the things that I want to do and then the rest of the weekend that I'm going to enjoy myself. It's my goddaughters 21st tomorrow so i am popping over for tea but I think it includes champagne :-). I haven't had a drink in one and a half years so that should be interesting :-)

Much love and hugs

Rosie xxxx




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTKR. 9 March 2013
 
Hello Toothfairy delighted to hear the news of your new grandaughter that is wonderful. I haven't been on the Forum for a while. I am on holiday at the moment but lying in bed with a horrible cold. Anyway still having a lovely time but long for some energy. My knee is good but like everyone else I just want to be back to normal whatever that is! I wonder if I should take some sort of vitamin supplement or something I just feel so tired and down. I was hoping a holiday would perk me up but now I have a hideous cold. Anyway enough of me mouning. Hope everyone is doing well , I am please with my new knee and just need to patient . Take care everyone x
 
Just catching up on your posts TF how lovely visiting your granddaughters would have been a very special time take it easy and rest up on that knee!

EWKP - your not suppose to get sick when on holidays I hope you feel better soon and get some nice sunny weather! :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Rosie rosieJ
Enjoy the celebrations today. I don't drink much alcohol but I do love champagne. :martini:
I agree with you that the 'moderation lark is really hard'. It is work in progress.
Have a great day,
Hugs Toothfairy x :yes!: :wink:
 
Hi TF great news sout your job and Return date, looking back, another 2 weeks off would hav been beneficial. I'm just so tired all the time now. I also felt that Time out was good. If I ever get next knee done I won't hurry back!

Had a couple if friends and families over yest for BBQ and thought I was on a keel over at one point, thought d be ready for proper entertaining but relly wasn't. Everyone helped tidy up and get drinks eTc. It was the whol shopping and prep which gets me every time. :boohoo: So zodiac for me.

How are you getting on at SW.? My weight is up and down and. Think its the tabs still, after my bug last week, body has taken a battering.

Youll get your sewing maching soon :)
Now my friend from Dorset is up unexpectedly this weekend so am meeting for a cafe brekkie shortly. Will catch up later. Have a good day.

Fx
 
Hi TF! Sooo, back you go 4th June? Will you be staging your return? I am, but am unsure whether I should go half days for just the first week, or for two weeks & see how I feel. Its a toughie!
I've arranged it so I have a days recovery from the Muse concert I'm going to on 22nd and I will start on a Friday,which gives me a weekend to recover!! :yikes:
You're a lot like me, very positive 98% of the time, the odd hiccup for the other 1% (I have reserved the remaining 1% for any unrestrained blubbering on my part :boohoo: ) hope you don't mind!! :whistle: It has been wonderful to reengage our creativity & I hope that we both have the energy & can keep it all up once we're back at work!
Here's hoping you have a relaxing weekend & the knee king settles back down & stops complaining!
Big hugs x :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
yes, i think you have both been amazing with your knitting and crochet and soon to be machining - I spend my days working or running around after a small child! Looking back, it would have been nice to have had another month off where I was feeling better but not having the daily life pressures so i could have relaxed and had proper me time, but i guess TKR wasnt really intended for busy mums with little ones! Hey, I've got plenty of years ahead to indulge in hobbies :) .

Alison, take 2 weeks at half days -if you are feeling brave you can always stay a bit longer towards the end of the 2nd week and show willing. Believe me, you wont regret not taking it. Unless you genuinely feel like you're getting back to normal. Are you still taking any paracetamols or anything?

It's 14 (i think) weeks for me now and I'm still in a lot of pain and dread the school run and my full working days mid week. i'm still taking paras 3 times a day and boy do i know it when i'm late with my dose.

anyway, life is slowly getting back to normal for all of us which is great and TF, you'll be back in your TKR bubble with your other knee before you know it and knitting for England this time!

Hugs Fernie xx jetthugger
 
Hi TF. How are you on this sunny but windy Monday. Hope you had a lovely restful weekend. The party went very well and it was lovely to see all my grandchildren together as it dosent happen very often. Unfortunately things have not improved with the Robyn situation but at least we were all adult enough to not let it spoil Robyns day. My knees are not too bad today but I have been icing again more than usual to help with the swelling. I guess i will know more onThursday when i see the physios. This is a recovery where you cant really say well good thats another hurdle over because we very often go back a few steps dont we. Very frustrating sometimes. I hope we all have a Happy Healing week and our friends who are back working dont find it too hard. I dont envy them at all. You will be joining them soon so take the time now to rest properly. Take Care
 
Hi TF. How wonderful that you had time with those precious little ones. Not surprised the knee acted up though. Part of the game. I saw my OS today, and he reminded me that unless you really fall hard on the knee, you aren't going to hurt it, so yes, it is just tissue reminding you to "knock it off already!"

I am heading back to work tomorrow :shocked: . Half days for a 2 weeks per docs protocol. He sends a written 'return to work notice' with restrictions etc...Orders are for restricting standing/walking to 1-3 hours for the next 2 weeks. My principal is a very 'by the book' lady, so she won't push me. There are only 16 days left in the school year, but then...I scheduled Mr. Right for June 10--so it starts all over again.

Enjoy your next few weeks at home sewing and such. Wish I could sew like you all do. None of my pants fit anymore and would love to know how to take them in.
 
Take it easy tomorrow with work Ready and it won't be long and you will be back off again recovering! :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi jetthugger my doctor has advised reduced hours for the first couple of weeks. I am waiting for an appointment to see occupational health to see how they will interpret the advice.
In my opinion I think you should say half a day for two weeks and then maybe do full days Monday/Wednesday/Friday on week three with two half days etc. if you find you are doing better than expected you can always go back full time more quickly but it is a good idea to manage expectations so that you don't feel any sense of failure or pressure if you are exhausted and struggle. Keep your options open, under promise and over deliver etc etc.
How flexible is your work set up if you need to rest during the day, can you work at your own pace?
That is one of the reasons I am staying off a bit longer. Once I am back I will be in the front line of patient care and I have to put their needs first so there is little capacity to take time out if I am flagging.
I think it is a smart plan to reserve 1% for unreserved blubbering, always good to keep our options open.
I have enjoyed my time off so much. I have benefitted in so many ways and have caught up on many years of relaxation and sleep. Like you I really hope to keep a little me time and to continue to find time to be a domestic goddess :heehee: :rotfl:
Happy Saturday,
Hugs Toothfairy x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom