TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Laaydies... Great ROM TF - good work there. you have been working really hard and its paid off. My knee will not go quite straight, still a bit swollen (about an inch more than the other one) but it is moving slowly. reckon another fornight and i'll be good. Mind you, need to keep stretching and straigtening everyday else these numbers can soon go backwards again. :cry:

Ice cream sounds v good, and yes Alison, the wind here yesterday wouldve blown it right off said cone - even my super powers couldnt have coped with that :rotfl: (loved the US ref!)

Look at me, struggling to get going today... not feeling too bright, well I am, just knee sore and getting sick and fed up of the constant ache and lack of being able to :dancy: and :happydance: and :spin: (yes, I normally spin on my head in case you were wondering...) .

v glad the ensuite has shaped up and behaved itself - :thumb:

I think it was about 5 weeks when i ventured out in the evening for dinner with friends and it was way too much, too soon. think i lasted an hour and literally left running and screaming (well hobbling and almost in tears with pain and fatigue). But having said that, you oh mightly fluttery friend, have had an amazing early few weeks recovery so may well be OK. Fortunately i wasnt that far from home so could get back in a jiffy-ish.

It will be 2 weeks now til i see PT - she is trying to wean me off - and I've worked out a daily programme for myself and if I can stick, or almost stick, to that, I should be fine

Have a lovely Wednesday. Take care and hugs :friends: :flwrysmile:
jetthugger
 
Wonderful news about the release from PT! I have no doubt that you will be able to continue on your own - you've done so brilliantly thus far so you just need to keep on keeping on.

Glad to hear your plumbing issues are now resolved as well. What is next on the project list for the en suite?

jetthugger Alison, thanks for the explanation of the ice cream, I most certainly would have had a different idea of what you meant! :rotfl:

Fernie hope you start to feel a bit better as the day goes on. If not, use this day as a day to skip the ODIC and just enjoy a cocktail at home instead with your leg up and your kiddos watching some tv. :beer:
 
TF so pleased to hear of your excellent results. Way to go. Nice to give those crutches back a. Did he mention the TKR for your other knee. Im finally getting things sorted for my flippin knee. Fingers crossed for some progress. Take care x x
 
Hi Alison jetthugger
Yesterday afternoon was glorious here, not windy at all, sunny and warm. Gave us such a boost.
The ice cream was from a lovely little specialist ice cream shop, hand made and yummy. A bit pricey but ok now and again as a special treat.
Is 6km ok????? Physio suggested I stick around 5-6 km but if I need some competition to keep me going to gradually increase my speed and increase the resistance.
I just need to stay motivated and keep doing the exercises and gradually increase my activity levels. I still concentrate on standing tall and walking smoothly. It is getting easier.
The evening out is with colleagues but some I have known a very long time. At the moment I am inclined to say no. Will see how today goes. I am also a bit uncomfortable that my boss will be there. I get on really well with her but will be seeing her in 1:1 chat about job on Tuesday, not entirely comfortable seeing her socially on Friday while I am signed off sick. Feels a bit wrong.

Hi rosieJ I did get very stressed about the plumbing problem and hubbie got very frustrated and then grumpy but we have moved on. :)
I am glad you got out in the sun yesterday and had a chat, I am sure that did you a lot of good. I hope your pain resolves soon, hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
I had my 6week consultant visit today, he was happy with everything. I am cleared to drive. He is happy with my ROM but says more is achievable if I keep working at it.
He says to expect the heat in my knee to take 9months to fully resolve. We discussed knee two and I have signed the consent forms and will be scheduled. Likely to be sometime around July.
I asked about my little bit of scar that is not totally healed, he says its nothing to be concerned about, a stitch knot under the skin which could take three months to resorb. He says it is fine to swim and carry on as normal. Hooray. He recommends swimming and cycling, suits me as I love both.
Bought myself a new swimming costume to celebrate.
All in all a good day.
:SUNsmile: :bicycle1: :) :bicycle2:
 
Wonderful news my fab toothfairy! Am so happy for you. Driving, swimming, next stage of recovery under way :egypdance: :happydance: :yay:

Excellant point about seeing your boss socially whilst you ar off sick, particularly as you'll be off at least another month. Unless you go in limping on 2 crutches, they are unlikely to understand as they will see you socialising and looking ok. You can Always see them another time. I steered well clear of work and only 2 of my close colleagues visited me at home early days.

Interesting point about heat in knee, mine is same.

So July for next one, really will be a whole year for you. Still, at least you know the ropes.

Glad all well in fairy land. Fernie xx
 
Oh great news TF. It all sounds brilliant! I'm really pleased for you.
Well done Fernie as well!
 
Toothfairy. Congratulations. Your journey has been amazing to watch. I am so pleased for all that you have achieved in 6 weeks. What a wonderful feeling to have a few months with a wonderful working knee before having the other knee done. Well done. I can see that smile on your face from here! Have a wonderful day. :flwrysmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Very good news for you Toothfairy!
I imagined it would be a little scary after all this time to be out on your own, in my humble opinion you have done really well in this journey and I think you will be fine. Plus you have all of us to help take care of you.
Keep up the good work and maybe by Friday you will feel a little more rested.
 
: Hi TF, like the others have already said, great news!!! Can't believe six weeks! Has it flown by? Or us that just my experience? I can still remember the pre op conversations with you & all the jitters & doubts!
Another lined up for july!!! :happydance: At least you will know what to expect next time around!
Agree with Fernie about the boss thing.
Six KM ok if you've been good! Still, don't push it! :shocked:
Hand made ice cream sounds yummy, glad it wasn't windy! We have gale force winds up here at the mo, hubby has steadfastly recovered his beloved BBQ so any times now, even Loki is grinning at him!!! :heehee:
Off to get iced & brew a POT of tea :whistle: :snork:
Have a grand day, my fluffy fairie friend! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
:
Off to get iced & brew a POT of tea :whistle: :snork:
Can you spare a cup of tea from that lovely freshly brewed POT ? :whistle:
The time has flown by amazingly fast. Time to start weaning myself off long lies and homely crafts and to start
re-engaging with the real world and reading job descriptions and updating my CV ready for my 1:1 and my interview for my own job :yikes: :hissy: :gaah:
On second thoughts I think I will stay ensconced in my bubble for a bit longer. It is cosy and warm and a happy and relaxed place.
Enjoy your crocheting while you can. I am planning to make Fernie muffins today, hope I can get them to turn out nicely. I make nice scones but haven't made many muffins.
Will share them round later, have a happy day,
hugs,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :yes!: :yes:
 
Oops, TF, my error on reading your post, did not realize that Friday was work related and seeing boss.
I still hope by Friday that you are rested but I agree with the Fernie, jethugger about the boss. :SUNsmile:
I printed out Fernie's recipe but I will have to covert the measurements over but they sound very yummy. Never made sconces before but I do love muffins.
Hope your day goes well and enjoy a warm muffin with butter and cup of tea :bicycle1:
 
When I saw my consultant yesterday I saw the x ray of my new knee. It looked good to my untrained eye. He also showed me the MRI scan on my right knee and pointed out that I have a cyst behind my right knee cap. I am not concerned about it as it will be fixed when my knee is replaced, just interested.
He was not at all surprised when I asked about having my other knee done. He had looked at my MRI's before I came in and was expecting it.
Random ramblings finished for now.
Have a good day. Off to cycle.
TF x :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
Isnt it lovely TF to see the X Rays of our shiney new knee. I am so happy how straight my leg is now. Thats the first thing i noticed from day one after the op. a cyst on your knee. Dosent sound good does it. Is it more painful than the other knee was? My OS said i was diagnosed as bilateral as both knees were in the same state of disrepair. He dosent auctually do both knees at the same time. Ive finally finished Karleas aran cardigan and have started on some baby clothes. Its a little weird knitting something so small after an aran but nice as my hands are a little sore at the moment. Hope you havea lovely restful day and must admit jethugger has made me feel quite guilty about the teabag in the cup. Always used to make a pot but now its just me it seems a waste. Have a lovely Thursday. X x
 
Hi Pat robynhood, until yesterday as far as I was concerned both my knees were equally bad. I don't think the cyst is a big deal, it is small.
My left knee bothered me more but sometimes I would get quite bad pain in my right but not that often. My consultant will not do both at once either.
Will you post a picture of Karlea's Aran cardi? I would love to see it!
Who are you knitting baby clothes for? Baby wool is so soft and nice to knit with.
I am feeling a bit guilty about my slovenly tea bag habits too especially as I drink lots of tea. I have seen a tea pot that is also a vacuum flask so once you have made the tea it keeps it hot. I love my tea piping hot rather than warm, of course if I get on and learn to crochet I could do a tea cosy!!! A la jetthugger. Well maybe. :what: :whistle:
You have a lovely Thursday too,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Hi TF I will post a photo now. I will put it on as a thumb nail and you c [Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust [Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust an click on it t make it bigger :)
 
hi again. Just had a conversation with someone I had to share with you. Was talking with a neighbour about a relative considering having a TKR. When she went to her GP he told her that he will refer her to a consultant but it was his view and many other GPs that the number of TKRs will be greatly reduced because of the long recovery and problems post op. especially in older people who really this op is popular with. Apparantly so he says doctors are going to advise paitents to use a Tens machine for the pains in the knee and avoid surgery all together. Now I dont think a Tens machine would have been ideal for my bone on bone pain I was getting before TKR. Love to hear your views on this.
 
As I am "young" I went through lots of non invasive treatment including TENS I have to say that it did nothing for me at all - except for one incident in the butchers when I caught the controls and turned it to max making me look like I was having a convulsion! My GP was of the opinion that she wasn't at all surprised it didn't work considering what was causing the pain!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom