TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toothfairy,
Finally got around to reading through your thread and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Hope that's an appropriate response since we are after all talking knee replacement :yikes: , but you have a great perspective and a great sense of humor :happydance: Sounds like your recovery has gone really well - except for that little MU sans A when you caught your foot in the bed sheet. Yikes!

I especially like that you made it out to get your hair done and they gave you a little stool to prop up the boo boo leg. I might be able to squeeze a couple more weeks out of my last haircut but after that it's either get out to the salon or cover all the mirrors in this house. I'm thinking a trip to the salon might be more a propos....

Keep up the good reports and the great recovery! :spin:

Heidi
 
Yeah thats what I thought Fernie. Ive never heard of TENS for arthritic pain. Hes going to keep me updated beause the GP said she would have to buy her own £50 and it would make a big improvement. He thinks its hilairious too because hes had two TKR's himself.
 
Toothfairy you have had an amazing recovery, so happy for you! Keep up the great work! So sorry about your fall but it looks like you recovered from it! Take care!
 
hi again. Just had a conversation with someone I had to share with you. Was talking with a neighbour about a relative considering having a TKR. When she went to her GP he told her that he will refer her to a consultant but it was his view and many other GPs that the number of TKRs will be greatly reduced because of the long recovery and problems post op. especially in older people who really this op is popular with. Apparantly so he says doctors are going to advise paitents to use a Tens machine for the pains in the knee and avoid surgery all together. Now I dont think a Tens machine would have been ideal for my bone on bone pain I was getting before TKR. Love to hear your views on this.
Hi Pat robynhood your cardyi is a work of art. Thenone peekingout behind it looks amazing too. I am sure Karlea will be delighted. It is so beautifully knitted.

I don't think much of this tens idea. Sounds suspiciously like a cost cutting exercise to me. The worry ing thing is that if GP's are going to be commissioning services they might think along those lines. Of course they won't tend to see the patients that have good results as they do not go to see their GP's so much, they will see the ones that have difficulties and M&S,y have an unbalanced idea of the overall success rate. I don't think there is any realistic chance of it catching on.

I like your new avatar Shortie, your dog? Sorry to laugh at your Tens story, I am sure it was not funny at the time but it certainly made me chuckle.
I have had a good day today. Made some of @Fernie's scrumptious cheese muffins, finished the little jacket at last and had a nice walk by the river.
Here is the jacket,

[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust [Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Sleep well everyone,
Toothfairy x
 
Toothfairy,
Finally got around to reading through your thread and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Hope that's an appropriate response since we are after all talking knee replacement :yikes: , but you have a great perspective and a great sense of humor :happydance: Sounds like your recovery has gone really well - except for that little MU sans A when you caught your foot in the bed sheet. Yikes!

I especially like that you made it out to get your hair done and they gave you a little stool to prop up the boo boo leg. I might be able to squeeze a couple more weeks out of my last haircut but after that it's either get out to the salon or cover all the mirrors in this house. I'm thinking a trip to the salon might be more a propos....

Keep up the good reports and the great recovery! :spin:

Heidi
Thank you Heidi Baystater , that is very kind of you. I have been very fortunate with my operation and recovery so far.
I am glad you enjoyed reading it. I personally find a sense of humour is a great recovery aid. Hope you are doing well, I will call
by your thread soon if I may.
Sleep well,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :dancy:
 
Hi SadKnee thank you for your post. I am doing well and thankfully had no lasting damage from my topsy tumble. How are you doing?
I need to catch up on everyone's threads. Hope you are well,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yes:
 
Thank you SadKnee, how kind. I am particularly pleased with that one. It is very cosy, just right for British weather.
TF x
 
Love the liitle jacket TF. Is that chunky wool. Its lovely. I love doing cable. Always looks so neat. I am knitting for my neices daughter born in December from a pattern I bought from the site you recommended. Nice bright pink and a silky feel to the wool. Lovely.
 
Well done on another beautifully finished cardi! Mastered the pesky hood then? :happydance: :dancy: :spin:
What will be your next project?
Finished my cushion cover & started blanket #2 (lost the pattern for hobo bag!) :shocked:
How may muffins did you munch? :whistle: :heehee: Just bought some muffin cases (eBay) will whip up a batch of Fernie muffins once they arrive..... Sound very yummy (will still have ago at some scones too!! :shocked:)
My ex FIL had a tens machine for ankylosing spondylitis & still had a full hip replacement, so it looks like it works on some things far more effectively than others. Reminds me of that snake oil salesman I met at the NEC who had that lump hammer thingy that glowed red led lights, he claimed that if I spent a mere £350.00 on this contraption, I would no longer require a TKR! :headbang: :hissy: :gaah:
Have you something pleasant planned for the weekend? :SUNsmile:
Warm regards & big hugs :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
robynhood,

Just wanted to say that your sweater is beautiful! Wow, what a wonderful gift to treasure.
Thank you. It has taken quite a while to knit as i had the T k r inbetween and lost interest. It was like a personal challenge to me to finish it. Baby clothes for a while now.
 
OMG you really are beautiful knitters Pat robynhood and Toothfairy. They are true works of art. Well done and thank you for sharing. Regarding TENS machine - sound like they're trying to save money by not doing TKR'S. TENS machines certainly have their place, but not for bone on bone pain. It's very sad for those people that are going to suffer now because of this.
 
Hi TF,

Made it back to your post, my husband was calling and since he made spaghetti, I had to go. He outdid himself tonight. I must say he has been so helpful and has just taking over in doing all the household duties.
Just wanted to see how you were doing and see if everything is ok. Glad to hear that you are doing better. Be sure to take care.
Your posting is turning into a wonderful site to look at all these beautiful crafted items. I was going to comment to Robynhood, that you can see just how soft that must be.
TF, I just love the hoodie you made and the pattern is so cute with the cable plus the colors are perfect too!
Again, I was glad that you are doing ok today. Take care my friend
 
Hi Pat robynhood, the jacket is actually baby crofter double knitting. The half fishermans rib makes it look and feel much thicker.
Hi Alison jetthugger next project is the ironing :heehee: so much to choose from, I could tackle some of the cross stitch or might settle down to learn to crochet or start the Aran for my 4 year old Grandaughter.
Well done on finishing your cushion. Would love to see a photo and one of your blanket. Hope your hobo bag pattern turns up.
Muffins, we had three each so still 6 left for today, photographic evidence can be provided. Muffin cases, I thought about using these but decided to follow @Fernie's instructions and oil the tin. This gave them a lovely crisp bottom. I added some black pepper to the mix and a smidge of fresh grated Parmesan.

Thanks Jenny kimejen I love to knit and have had lots and lots of practice over the years. Haven't knitted much for years but in my 20's I knitted non stop. How are the bootees coming on?

Hi Kim livinginfl thank you. It is good to share other aspects of our recoveries as well as the nitty gritty of TKR. I have found picking up my knitting to be such a pleasure through this recovery time. I know it will not happen much once I get back to work but I am hopefully going to try and keep a bit more me time and be less of a slave to work. Having had this time out it has reminded me how important time spent doing things we love is. Maybe the house will have to be a bit more dusty and the ironing pile a little higher or maybe I will just need to try and work the hours that I am paid for and stop doing so much unpaid overtime so that I have some more me time. Worth a try at least.

I love spaghetti, what kind of sauce did you have with it? We love it with chilli and garlic. Yum.

I had a good day yesterday, I decided that as I was doing so well and feeling good I would miss my afternoon tramadol which is the only one I am still taking. All went well till about 10 pm when I started to get uncomfortable. As I was in bed I thought I would be ok, when will I learn. :headbang: I took it at 3 am and of course by then was very uncomfortable. :hairpulling: Lesson learned again. I will go back to taking it and try again in a week or so to drop that final dose.

After deciding not to go to the meal tonight I have been persuaded by colleagues to go after all. My husband will be on standby to come and collect me if I am getting too tired. I will have to behave today so I am fit to go out. It is such a beautiful morning, hopefully will go out for a short walk to some local gardens to get some fresh air.

Have a great day everyone, hugs, Toothfairy x :yes!: :wink:
 
I like your new avatar Shortie, your dog? Sorry to laugh at your Tens story, I am sure it was not funny at the time but it certainly made me chuckle. x

Thank you yes avatar is our dog Woody a very mad English Springer Spaniel! Don't worry about laughing I did too once I got over the shock it must have looked quite entertaining too!
 
Hi TF
Just wanted to say.... Hope you enjoy your night out. Often laughter and fun can give us energy.
Lurvvvv your knitting. It really is gorgeous. Almost makes me wish I had a little one to put it in. Almost !
Glad all us going really well with you and I am sure the next two months will bring even more of a happy knee. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTKR. 9 March 2013
 
Thank you Rosie rosieJ I hope all is going well with you too.
I am having an off day today, my knee is sore and swollen. I've been trying to think about what has been different. The only thing I can think of is that when I went on my exercise bike this morning I rode at level 2 instead of level 1. :sad:
I am certainly paying for it big time. Never mind. I have been very lucky so far and am not complaining about this blip.
Hope you are having a good day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :beer: :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Hi TF,
Sorry to hear you have been in the ODIC Club, hope you are doing better and maybe relax with your lovely knitting today. It just seems we want to take that extra step sometimes.

Yes, dinner was good, salad, garlic toast with a simple meat sauce, almost bolegnase but not quite, it is his recipe. Yes, I love the chili and some cheese, that is also his expertise. He has been quite a caretaker and I know that he never expected this type of journey but he has been my chauffeur, laundry, sure we do things different but I will not complain. In the evening I give the kitchen an extra scrub.

Hope you have an enjoyable evening. Take care of yourself and I hope you have a restful sleep tonight and tomorrow will bring you a happy knee.
 
TF hope you had a lovely evening out and have a good and restful weekend. Take Care
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom