TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toothfairy. I hope you enjoyed your outing. It would have been nice to have different surroundings enjoying an evening with friends/colleagues. I am sure you were tired when you got home. Booties are coming along. Done a pair, + a trial one. I wasn't happy with the first one but once I got the hang of it, it was great. Now for the mittens. Then..... maybe......... a bonnet!!! Hubby took me for fish and chips by the sea last night. Just what I needed. Bit of sea air, different scenery. So enjoyed it. Knee quite stiff today though. Also missed med this morning as we slept in. Not a good thing to do. Sorry to hear you over did it and paying the price for it. Hope today is a better day. HUGS Jenny :friends:
 
Good morning,
Thanks Jenny kimejen fish and chips by the sea sounds wonderful. Congratulations on finishing the bootees. Can you post a picture? It is amazing how these forgotten skills come back once we get those knitting pins clicking away again.
Take it easy till you catch up on your meds.
Thanks Rosie rosieJ Pat robynhood, Kim livinginfl, Aliosn jetthugger and Fernie Fernie for your kind wishes for my evening out.
It was an evening of mixed success.
It was lovely to catch up with the colleagues who I have known for many years, some of them for over 20 years and who are a lovely bunch. The food was lovely, it was a Chinese restaurant and the colleague who was leaving is Chinese so he had ordered food in advance ( if I had know that I needn't have spent time poring over the menu deciding on what I fancied)
The chat was good but the evening went on too long for me. I did have a seat where I could move my leg freely which was good. I did have my husband on standby to come and rescue me but by the time I was feeling ready it really wasn't worth calling him as the restaurant was quite far out. I was shattered when I came home, sat with some ice on chatting to my husband before I went to bed. I began to feel a bit nauseous and suddenly was very sick. I can only think that something had disagreed with me. This is most unlike me.
I went to bed, slept all night and am fine this morning.
It was not the best end to an evening that I have ever had. Am I glad I went, not sure, I still felt a bit uncomfortable on the job side of things but I did have a nice time catching up socially which was good.
Never mind, the sun is shining and it is a whole new day.
We pretty much stayed off the topic of work but I did discover that we are all going to have to have an interview for our jobs and do a presentation, no details of how long but don't expect it will be long. Feel pretty fed up about that as does everyone else.
Planning a quiet day today with a gently venture out in the fresh air. Maybe a river walk, different stretch of the same river this time.
Hope everyone is well and wishing you all a happy Saturday,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
sorry it didnt go too well. Must have been the food. You havent been out for a while so its a shame it ended like that.we've actually got some sunshine this morning which always makes things feel better. Take it easy for today. Hugs x x x
 
Thanks Pat, now I have been awake a while I realise I still have a slightly dodgy tummy. Won't be venturing far this morning. Feeling ok though so counting my blessings. Don't think I will be going for a Chinese meal again anytime soon. :sad:
Never mind, another excuse to relax and be lazy, woo hoo,
TF x :heehee:
 
So sorry to hear that your evening ended in such an unexpected way and that you are still have some lingering effects this morning. Maybe some tea with biscuits will help with the tender stomach this am.
A restful day sounds good for you and maybe some knitting??
It has to be tough to try to not think about the job issues during your recovery. But I wish you the best in your interview and I am sure you will do well.
Wishing you a peaceful lazy day,
 
Oh you poor thing! Did any of your colleagues suffer similarly? You may want to avoid that particular restaurant!! :sick:
Hope you feel chipper again soon & have a restful & enjoyable weekend :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Sorry to hear that fluttery one...shame. On my first night out,I alo suddenly felt v :sick: And left quickly, but I put that down to extreme sudden fatigue, most strange. Am glad you lasted the duration though. Bit rubbish about the job though. You'll get through. Maybe borrow my wonder woman outfit? They can possibly argue with that :rofsign:

More later....ttfn. Fx
 
Hi Thanks jetthugger and Fernie it was just me :) It was quite an upmarket restaurant, pretty pricey too! Having said tht I won't be going back,even if it is not anything to do with them it will have unpleasant associations. :hissy:
Serves me right, I should have stuck to my original plan and not gone. Shouldn't have let my colleagues persuade me. Live and learn. :blush:
I have been better this afternoon, I think I am just tired now.
Off to bed,
:yawn: TF x :sleep:
 
I'm sure this was covered in my Trail Blazing lesson no 1...... Once we've made up our mind not to do something, don't then let colleagues persuade us otherwise. :). Remember my first day back and the lunch which left me practically crawling back to my car in pain? I know this is slightly different but the "lovely colleagues who will just not take No for answer" is the same.

Hope you have your scribble pad ready Alison.

Hope you are feeling better thus morning, such a lovely day. Hugs, fx

jetthugger
 
Hi TF. sorry to hear that you had a sickly end to an evening out. i do find that I enjoy company and my body lets me know when i have had too much. If I ignore it and carry on for a while, it just crashes. Just to let you know, when I did that a couple of weeks back I also felt incredibly nauseous and in fact woke in the night wanting to be sick, but wasn't..... so maybe it was complete exhaustion and too much food compared to what you normally have.

Hope you have rested up today and enjoyed the sunshine. its been glorious here.

take care and chill :)
 
Hi Fernie I am hanging my head in shame and will do extra homework writing lines " I must learn from Fernie's words of wisdom " 200 times ( ooh copy and paste will be useful there :rotfl: )
Thanks rosieJ I think it may just have been that. I was a retiral and not very many people were going so I made up a nice number!!!
It was a good evening, I should have asked my husband to collect me at 09:30 but never mind.
I am fine today and have been out for a lovely walk in a local NT property, had a nice coffee out then after lunch at home walked over to my friends to drop off a gift for her new baby Grandaughter. I am now sitting icing and elevating. I have not had any pain meds since 9 am, as I am ok I am going to wait till my evening dose and will watch with interest to see whether I get away with it or not!
Have a great evening,
Hugs Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Hello Toothfairy seem to have lost our private thread anyway good to hear all your news,great to hear you are off crutches I can't wait. I think you asked me about what sort of farming we do I forgot to answer. We have Sussex cows and grow wheat,barley and oats although all looking a little bleak at the moment due to wet spring. We also have a field of lavender. Look up website lordington lavender.co.uk
Anyway enough of me I can't believe we have all got through this knee surgery I certainly have been so thrilled to have had bonesmart friends to help me through it thank you. Oh both my children got engaged last week so have drunk champagne in huge amounts ! Think it has helped my recovery! :)
 
Ohh TF not a night you want to remember..hope the tummy has settled and you are back to feeling yourself again. I met up with some friends yesterday who reminded me of my first outing with them a month ago and what a lovely time we had. :heehee:

I explained... as I declined a day long adventure they were planning tomorrow...that I was a total wreck by the time I came home and could not decide if it was the food or just pure fatigue...for me maybe fatigue as I did not learn the lesson and have had a few repeats since. :cry: Tiredness in whatever form must be just another of those hill climbs we have to learn to conquer as we struggle through our peloton training. :cheers:

But hey we'll be okay with all the nice food and warm woolies that our group have been creating to comfort us we will get to that final straight and one day sprint it home. :martini:

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Isn't it interesting all the nausea feelings people have with the fatigue of going out and food in early days?

Your actual :sick: Does seem unfortunate though :sad: !

Hhmm... The fairy who cuts and pastes will not learn lessons and often repeat mistakes in future, sounds like old Chinese proverb! :rofsign:

Fernie x
 
gami I'm loving the peloton references, we may just get a team together at this rate! :rotfl:

yes, soooooo much craft and cooking going on, ignoring my pizza delivery yesterday :whistle:, at least TKR has been good for that.

Oh the fatigue :zzz: Will it ever end? Your friend are priceless, so well meaning but just not understanding.

Did we really know this surgery would be so hard? Like, really? :what:

Hope you have a great day. Fx
 
Hey TF! Hope you've now fully recovered fom your ickyness following your Chinese.
Just had my silicone cupcake cases delivered, so will be looking up Fernie recipe for savoury muffins! & will also knock up a batch of fairy cakes topped with lemon buttercream icing. Nice with a pot of tea mmmmm...
gami wise words as always! Pity we only heed them when it's too late!! :whistle:
I think I will google the website for that lovely lavender! EWKP having a field full of the stuff seems idyllic!!
Any new knitting projects TF? I'm half way through blanket #2, very bright fiery colours! Resisted the urge to raid the wool shop again, till I see the GP & know he's ok with signing me off till the end of may.
I'm taking it easy today after a less than satisfactory encounter with nurse for suture poking out.
Hugs to all, may the sun be shining wherever you are!! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Morning TF hope youre feeling fresh today and ready to start the week all over again with exercising, relaxing knitting etc etc not forgetting not to get in the ODIC. Ive had a busy weekend so taking it easy. Im going for hand x rays this afternoon so hopefully will know later on in the week whats happening there. Heres hoping we have a Happy Healing week.
 
Hi all, busy day for me today. Did I get away with missing my afternoon meds, well NO. I had a very bad nights sleep and a lot of discomfort. When will I learn, obviously a slow learner. :headbang:
Apart from lack of sleep I am feeling great today, I went for my first drive and it was wonderful, realise now how painful driving must have been before TKR as it was so pain free. I also went for a swim, loved it so much. I then went to the meeting of doom. Learned quite a bit and got my wait for it.........."free pen" Overwhelmed!
I feel more motivated and engaged with the process, just as well as its my 1:1 meeting tomorrow morning.
Hi Fernie

Hhmm... The fairy who cuts and pastes will not learn lessons and often repeat mistakes in future, sounds like old Chinese proverb!
Love it!


Thanks gami for your lovely post and wise words, hope you are having a well earned rest now you are home.

Hi jetthugger I am feeling great now thanks. Your fairy cakes to be sound yummy. I have started my granddaughter's aran but made a mistake so had to take a few rows back, done that and reknitted them. Not had much time for knitting past few days, to much gadding.
Just updating my CV and typing a list of questions for tomorrow.

Hi robynhood I hope you get some answers for your sore hands soon, brilliant news about your knee becoming a reformed character. Long may it continue. I love the idea of a happy healing week, I will do my best. After tomorrows meeting I am planning to take the rest of the week gently.

hugs to all, it is so good having you to listen to and share with, thanks everyone.
Hugs Toothfairy x
 
Hey TF, hope you get on ok tomorrow, offer of Ww outfit still there if you need to show them who is boss, fingers crossed you get what you want and it all works out.

:egypdance: Get you all driving and swimming? How wonderful for you, I am so pleased, it's a huge milestone. :dancy: :spin:Oh my, in addition to, supermuM, worker, galatic hero, baker, peloton leader, Trail Blazer, gym bunny, quiz writer, resident of the ODIC (must have forgotten something!), looks like I need to add "Chinese Proverb maker-upper" into the mix :rotfl: :loll:.


I also like the idea of heeling week and I'll try to squeeze some in, if I get a minute :loll:.

Takecare everyone, Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie think I would like the ww outfit but not sure I will squeeze my waist or anything else in unless it has laces!
Tomorrow is only part 1, there will be an interview and presentation in a couple of weeks. Apparently no previous to be taken into consideration, all those years of steering service and over and above the call of duty etc to be ignored, purely on the interview!
We will see. Bit stressful.
Had a teary moment (happy tears) at the meeting today when I was given a get well card sent by a client. So sweet. I was really touched. Lovely to see old friends too.
Hope your week goes well,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom