Guest viewing is limited

TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernie, Toothfairy, jetthugger
Fernie, Toothfairy and Alison - you are all so funny and amazing! It's amusing to go back and read through these threads to find we are all in the exact same situation (regardless of our age, location or surgery date). We've all visited the ODIC upon occasion - and think we will continue to do some in the months ahead. We also are all working to find that balance between too much and too little - thank goodness for this site allowing us to share our experiences and find others that know exactly what we are feeling.
I am not in the crafty club either, although with all the talk of it, I may have to start experimenting. :heehee:
I agree with Fernie completely about allowing yourself as much additional time as possible to sort things out, gain strength and build stamina before returning to work. We've seen Fernie and others go back and work out the fatigue and soreness and are in awe of their accomplishments. For me, I am happy to have the gift of time to focus on myself and my new knee.
Have a wonderful day friends! Thanks for being there! :thankyou:
 
Hello Alison jetthugger, Wonder Woman Fernie Sarah forevergimpy
Hope you are all happy and well.
I have been a bit hectic the last two days with the plumber being here and friends visiting, piano tuner here too. Lots of cups of tea to be made (in mugs :yikes: :blush: )
My first two baby cardigans are finished and looking sweet and number three is under construction. I also made a tiny start on a cross stitch kit my mum bought me, it will take me years to finish it if I ever do.
The crochet hook is still awaiting a call to action. I am loving my new found time to indulge in crafty activities away from the hustle and bustle of work. I also keeps me sitting in my chair with my feet up, win win situation.
I am off out tomorrow to the hairdressers for my first haircut in 10 weeks. Hooray. I usually get my hair cut really regularly so it will be good to feel a bit tidier.
Hope everyone is well, wholemeal muffins sound yummy Fernie.
Hugs to all, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :friends:
 
So glad you've found something entertaining and thoughtful to do during your recovery. I'm sure the baby cardigans are precious and will be well loved and appreciated!
When should your en suite be finished? I imagine it must be soon, I do hope you post pictures! I know what you mean about feeling better after a hair appointment, enjoy your outing!
I love muffins - but must admit I don't know what you mean by wholemeal. Is that like corn meal or flour used in making them?
 
Hi Sarah,
The e suite is very nearly done. The heated towel rail went on tonight but came right back off because it was leaking.
Hopefully it will be sorted out tomorrow or if it is faulty exchanged for another one.
The last remaining job apart from giving it all a good clean is wiring up the lights and the extractor fan. They are all in place but not connected to the power yet.
It is looking really great. My husband is a star and does a good job as long as you are not in a rush.
Wholemeal flour is unrefined flour with the bran left in, do you call it whole wheat?
Hope you are doing well, you certainly sound cheery.
Take care, TF x :happydance: :egypdance:
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust [Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
 
Awww, those ickle biddy cardies look sooo cute!!! :thumb: :wink:
Must be a relief to know the end is in sight for your en suite!! I remember the chaos when I had my bathroom done :yikes:
Have you had a look for any easy patterns to go with your new hook? Any stitches can be looked up on utube,they have really good video tutorials (although some of the fingernails are a bit suspect!!) :shocked:
Have fun with it! I started with a scarf using a simple ladder stitch & some lovely eyelash wool. It gives you the feel of the hook.
Otherwise, how are you? Have you still pulled back from your megathon cycling? :heehee: Hope you are taking it easy & stopping by Shorties UDIC occasionally :loll:
Hope tomorrow brings sunshine & laughter to all bonesmarties out there!! :puppysmooze:
 
Toothfairy you are a clever lady. Those baby cardies look beautiful. Our son and his wife are expecting their first child (our first grandchild) in August. I have not knitted for years. My Mum is a beautiful knitter and she is busy knitting. I don't know whether I'll get the needles out. Sounds like it's all happening in your household at present. Enjoy the weekend. Jenny :)
 
So many posts! Morning all .

Tf, cardies look soopa cute, gorgeous , well done. Glad you are ok and not in the ODIC.
Glad hair, piano and en suite all on track !
How are your exercises going? I've really got to get my self sorted again, first week of my diet was terrible, :cry:

Sarah forevergimpy wholemeal or brown / bran flour for the cheese muffins.i use 50/50 with while self raising flour. Would have posted picture but I think they have all gone now :whistle: V yummy and so easy.

Had my sister and 3 kids over and they love these and my lemon cake.

Shortie hello, I love the new clubs UDIC etc, made me laugh when I saw them on Gort thread :rotfl:.

I Have a busy day, it's tough being a super hero, but someone has to do it :snork:

Fernie aka Wonder Woman :rofsign:
 
Those are beautiful cardigans! I especially like the striped one, such beautiful colors! Thanks for the explanation of the wholemeal, you are correct we call it whole wheat here. When I first read about them, I was thinking of a savory muffin that would replace a meal (a whole meal muffin) - guess I'm a bit too literal at times...:rotfl:

I hope you have a great day today and try to not to over do it - even though you will have plenty of company in the ODIC awaiting your arrival. :heehee:
 
Hello long lost friends. I have not forgotten you, just been busy. I wrote a nice long post this morning only for it to disappear into the i pad vortex of doom. :hissy:
It is lovely to catch up on everyone's cheery posts. You all are making fab progress. :yay:
Great job on your extension and flexion Alison jetthugger. You have overtaken me. Way to go girl. :egypdance: With a bit of luck your Peroni might be the sleeping draught you need.
I have not had a minute to look at crocheting but I have to say 'ladder stitch' and ' eyelash wool' have me totally baffled. :what: I am sure all will become clear when I eventually get round to it.
You are certainly living up to your Wonder Woman tag my Fernie friend. :spin: Am I right in thinking you sneaked back to do some more work today that was not on the schedule? :umm: You are a rascal. :rolleyes: Just take care of yourself because you are the centre of the cosmos to many people around you so you need to give yourself time to heal so you can keep up your hectic lifestyle. I am exhausted reading about it. Then again I am one of the grandparents on here, not one of you young things..... :heehee:
I you have a minute ( unlikely I know), I would love your muffin recipe.
Hi kimejen how exciting that your first grandchild is work in progress. :yes!: Do you know if it is a boy or a girl yet? I have a second grandchild due very soon, it is a very exciting and wonderful thing. You must be very excited. Do you live near them? Walking with the pram will be excellent knee strengthening exercise so they will need to let you do lots of that. Hope your knee is doing well.
Hi Sarah forevergimpy I am glad you like the cardigans. The stripy one is such an easy pattern but the wool makes it look interesting.
I think you are making great progress and I love your wise words about waiting till your knee is ready to come downstairs 'normally'. As you say it will happen when your knee is ready. :yes: :wink:
I had a wonderful experience yesterday when the doorbell rang, my husband was in the en suite with the plumber and I was upstairs to and found myself trotting downstairs at a fair speed without thinking about it. I was so excited that I did it again to show my husband. I was a bit stiff after the second time but it was a wonderful glimpse of normality to come, at least till I get knee two done.
I had a lovely visit to the hairdresser today. My hair no longer looks like Worzel Gummidge and I was offered a stool to rest my leg on while my hair was done. I thought that was sweet and certainly helped.
After my hairdo I walked back to meet my husband and did a very little bit of mooching round the local John Lewis store, had a nice baguette in the cafe and then was really pleased to get home to rest, ice and knit. I have been feeling good the last few days and have been thinking about my return to work and feeling guilty that I have been signed off for another 4 weeks. By the time I came home today I realised that I am not ready to go back yet.
Goodness, what a long post, must try to post little and often!
Have a great weekend everyone and a medal for anyone that gets to the end of this ramble,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Hi TF, agree with you about guilt/work thing.... I'm sure it plays a part in the decision making...... :what: .
I've just started the last three balls of wool for my blanket & it's coming along quite nicely. Already lined up my next project..... Will whip up a cosy to keep a promise, then I'm crocheting up a hobo bag using natural chunky wool. :umm:
I may pick up some knitting pins after that, but as my pharaoh hound has almost cat like tendencies when it comes to wool, it may be quite hazardous to have him & two spikey things to deal with!! :yikes:
Off to take a sleeping pill, hopefully will get a decent kip in to bolster me against the relentless offer of a bed bath (yes, MIL arrived today!!!) :shocked: :headbang:
Take care my fairy friend, don't be baffled by crochet! If I can do it, anyone can!! :puppysmooze: :happydance: :snork: :friends:
 
Wow, you are so productive. It is great to have this time to sit and knit/crochet/read guilt free. Such a bonus in a normally hectic life.
Maybe knitting pins could be used to ward off bedbaths..... :heehee:
You can always say it will need to wait till your row is finished and as you are crocheting a circular blanket hopefully she will have forgotten about it? :happydance:
Have a great weekend and never say yes to a bedbath :shocked: :sos:
Hope you slept better last night.
Hugs TF x :egypdance: :dancy:
 
Hi TF, how have you been today? The weather looks like its picking up at least! :SUNsmile:
Hope you have a very pleasant sunday, just myself, hubby the two woofs & my pet dragon, Godzilla tomorrow, so I will cook a nice chine of beef & a big fluffy Yorkshire pud! Mmmmm. What about you? Any plans my fairy winged friend? :puppysmooze:
PS avoided bed bath!!, though did decline 26 offers, so i also won the bet with step-son :rotfl: :heehee: :whistle:
 
Hello Toothfairy. Well done with the stairs. You would have felt good about that. Little outing too, great news. I am feeling a bit happier with exercises today. I managed to do them not too badly today. See how the knee copes when it goes into rest mode tonight!! Yes, we know what the baby is - a girl. No surprises anymore, it seems it's the done thing these days. As our son said to us "it's just smart to know mum, you can plan better". Ok then. We live about a 15min drive from them. Not sure how much "Ma Ma" duties I'll get being the in-law, although we do get on very well with our daughter-in-law. Have to wait and see. Alison jetthugger you had me drooling at the beef and yorkshire pudd. I have British blood, grew up in Rhodesia (lots of Brits there 70+ yrs ago) so we often had good old beef and yorkshire pudd growing up. Must make it again when the knee comes good. Being in such a hot climate here in Brisbane it's all about the "barbie" - barbeque, and lots of salads. But wait..... our winter is approaching (if you can call it winter - we don't often get below 10 C), that's when we have heartier meals. Looking forward..... Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Good morning Jenny kimejen
That is great news that your exercises are getting easier. My baby in progress is a girl too, a sister for my beautiful Grandaughter. I didn't want to know first time round but had to get my head round the fact that it wasn't my decision!
How are the bootees coming along?
I paid a major visit to the over did it club on Saturday. I think it was a combination of my day out on Friday, staying up far to late on Friday night and then pushing myself too hard on my exercise bike on Saturday morning. I spent Saturday being miserable and feeling really all wrong. It didn't help that the weather was miserable too, very cold and wet and grey.
Thankfully it was a short visit and I was back to normal yesterday. Had a slow morning then a nice walk to visit a friend with to deliver a birthday gift then home for more rest and of course ice and elevation.
I am planning a quiet day today, hopefully get the sleeves finished for my latest make. Then I need to tackle the hood and the bands.
Time to exercise. I am restricting myself to 5k on my bike.
Have a great day,
Toothfairy x :) :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Well, I'm glad that you've departed the ODIC and are becoming a frequent GIJAR club member! :cheers: :heehee:
Post a pickie of the new cardi when finished. Another grand daughter! How lovely!
My son & step sons are not yet old enough to marry, procreate & multiply so hubby and I have a few years to enjoy work! :rotfl: :heehee:
It's good that your now going steady on that exercise bike, it really is a case of less is more for us innit? :shrug:
Brilliant image of you sprinting down those stairs! Then doing an action replay fur hubby!!! :loll: :rotfl: :heehee:
I'm having a lazy day again today, hopefully will finish my blanket. Just need to sneak back to hobbycraft then & deplete their stocks again while the sale is on!!! :whistle:
kimejen you must have had a really idyllic life! Rhodesia? Wow!! Enjoy your roast & Yorkshire pud!
Have a lovely day, my fairy fluttery friend! I'm sparing a thought for Fernie super woman extraordinaire! Work! :yikes:
 
Hello TF,

Just wanted to say thank you for the lovely post! Hope you are doing better this evening after spending time at the Club.
May your night be restful and tomorrow will be a better day.
Take care
 
Time for an update. It's been a busy few days.
The plumbing crisis has thankfully resolved with no need for destruction of the new tiles . Phew. :happydance:

I had my physio appointment yesterday. She was delighted with my progress. My bend has improved from 105 last time ( I was sure she said 110 but she recorded 105) to "over 120" and my leg is nice and flat. She is happy with the way I am walking and has confiscated my crutches. I have been discharged. Feels slightly scary as I am now responsible for keeping up the exercises and making progress unsupervised.

After that good news we went for a walk by the river and had a yummy ice cream on the way. It was a lovely afternoon and good to be out.

I am having a slow start today, been getting up and around much earlier these days.

I am still very tired in the the evenings. I have been invited out to a meal on Friday night for a colleague who is leaving, I said yet but I am having real doubts as I am so tired once it gets past 8pm.

Hope everyone is well and having a good day, I will try to catch up on posts later,
Hugs Toothfairy x :egypdance: :bicycle2:
 
Well done!!! :bicycle1: :yes!: :yahoo: :ok: :thumb:
I know we're not supposed to get hung up on numbers, but it sure is nice to know that we're ok? Innit?
Wouldn't worry too much about flying solo sans PT, I'm sure you're going to to just fine! Just keep it steady on the bike, 5km only! Don't make me me wag my finger!!! :heehee:
Soooo pleased that your plumbing crisis has been resolved! :snork:
River walk & ice cream sounds lovely! Is it windy where you are? I reckon if I'd had a Mr Whippy yesterday, I'd have been wearing it before too long! :shocked: (for our American friends, a Mr Whippy is an ice cream cone, not a form of Sado-masochism!) :whistle: :rotfl:
:heehee: :loll:
I know what you mean about fatigue, it's a killer isn't it? Are they friends, or colleagues? A nice meal with friends can be a real boost! Work colleagues can be fun too, but I'm always wary of office politics in my place..... I'm sure whatever you decide, it will be the right choice for you :puppysmooze:
Take care honeybun & will catch up with you later :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
so glad that you and your knee are doing so well. How lovely to know that all is well and that you "officially" don't need your crutches :) Thank goodness the plumbing has been sorted...... i don;t know about you, but having something else "go wrong" round the house heightens my stress slightly as its something else to think about and get sorted. You sound very positive, so maybe you have taken it all in your stride (so to speak :egypdance:)

you walk sounds lovely. I just couldn't bear it a moment longer at 4pm yesterday when the sun was shining and the outside looked so tempting and glorious. I have been trying to stick to my regime of icing, elevating and not doing anything else ie. walking around to get rid of this irritating, intermittent pain in the lower right hand corner of my knee. The sun called and I wandered outside with 2 crutches to be safe and the neighbours all appeared for various reasons. So lots of chatting. I didn't really walk that far but it was lovely. I know that in time everything will heal and I'll be out there too.

I still think that if you are getting tired at 8pm you should listen to your body and do as it says. I suppose it depends on whether you are prepared to have a day or two of feeling whacked out. You might feel that the people you are spending it with are worth that. If not..... then I would get tucked up and let that young body rest :sleep:

Take care of yourself, XXXx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom