Guest viewing is limited

TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ready, thank you for that, my dream chocolate, calorie free, life does not get any better than that, almost worth taking a tumble for! I am doing well, I managed 3 km on my exercise bike today. I am increasing by 0.5km a day and so far so good. It feels so good to be back on my exercise bike.
Have a great day,
Toothfairy with a chocolatey face :blush: x :yes!:
 
Here are pictures of the Easter biscuits, the hot cross buns and the jumper.
help yourself to a biscuit or a bun, :heehee:
hugs Toothfairy x :)
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust [Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust [Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
 
Toothfairy, where to start? So rry to hear about your MU no A, you poor thing :yikes:, glad no lasting damage.

Big thanks for all your hugs and good wishes over weekend.

Buns, jumper look so fab :angel:, top marks.

Biking, again, well done :bicycle1:.

Hope you are not over doing things. Think I'm feeling better after my weekend wobbles, just taking oNe day at a time. Will have to see how it pans out, I think if I start eating better and ditch the junk I'll feel more perky.

Take care, enjoy your day, your friend Fernie xx
 
Toothfairy. So sorry to hear of your fall, but glad you're ok. What a very talented lady you are. That jumper is absolutely beautiful, and those stitches aren't easy either. Well done to you. You will feel so good wearing something you've made yourself. As for the bikkies and hot cross bunnies, they look divine. You sure have a lot of talent. Big gold medal for you. Terrific job. You are doing exceptionally well, and it's so good reading your positive and inspiring posts. Thank you. Big hug for you. Jenny :friends:
 
Toothfairy,

It was good to hear that everything is ok after your fall.

I just wanted to say what an excellent job and beautiful work that you did on your jumper. I was happy to see the picture because I just love that color and I must say you are quite talented.

Found a nice site, www.etsy.com for some nice patterns in knitting and crochet. There is also some very pretty yarn too.

Your buns look very good, I am not sure if that sounds right :tada: but you know what I mean. Is that gami's recipe or your own? Anyway they both look very nice and yummy.

Take care,
 
Hi Jenny kimejen, Kim livinginfl and Fernie Fernie
Thank you for your kind words. :blush: I have been knitting since I was young, the jumper looks impressive but is not actually very tricky.
I wore it yesterday and it is really comfy. It makes a change for me to knit for myself, I had gone though a bad patch in my life and decided that it was time to make myself a priority hence the jumper. Thankfully life has moved on and is better now. :SUNsmile:

The buns are a very similar recipe to Gami's gami but I didn't use her actual recipe as I am never too sure about using cup measures. I prefer my recipie's weighed in grams/oz. :whistle:

Thanks for the link to that site Kim, I have had a look and it is lovely, lots of inspiration. :happydance:
I think I will do some more knitting while I am still off work as I find it relaxing and quite satisfying. I have a half knitted baby cardigan that I will get finished, my Grandaughter has outgrown it but it will fit the new arrival due soon.

I came a bit unstuck yesterday. As my pain is very well controlled and I have been managing without my 2am pain meds for about a week I decided to try cutting out my 2pm pain meds yesterday. Big mistake. I won't be trying that agin for a week or two.
As far as I can see the only way to tell if you still need the meds is to miss a dose and see what happens. It certainly showed me that they are working very effectively. :yay:

I have my second physio appointment today so I am hoping for a good report .

Hope everyone is well and wishing you all a great day, I am off to get on my exercise bike for my morning cycle. :bicycle2:
Hugs to everyone,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :dancy: :yes!:
 
Thank you Jacky Jacky48 I am really enjoying being back on my exercise bike and hope it won't be too long till I can get back on my outdoor bike and go for a short ride. We live near the top of a hill so I will need to choose my first routes carefully to try to stay on the level. Going downhill will be fine! :heehee:
This four weeks has flown by.
I am just back from physio and she is really pleased with my progress. My ROM has improved from 70-75 two weeks ago to around 110 today and I am getting my leg just about flat. I am pleased. Still hard work to do but it is encouraging to see progress.
She has given me some new exercises but they are a lot more challenging. I will try my best, that is all I can do.
I go back in two weeks.
I am feeling so pleased that I had my TKR. Walking back to the car after physio I had knee pain but in my other leg that needs TKR, not in the operated leg. I hope to get leg two done soon.
I feel so lucky and thankful to be able to have my knees fixed rather than having to put up with a deteriorating quality of life.
The wonders of modern medicine.
Have a happy day,
Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy: :yay:
 
Hi Toothfairy, all great new - Marvellous ROM and straightening, all your dedication to the exercises and bike are really paying off.

Its also nice that you are already appreciating having the TKR done - I'm kinda on my way there. I saw a rellie earlier today who had her knee done about 2 years ago, she is a lot older than me and said it took at least 6 months til she felt remotely normal. Now she is dancing and really enjoying herself and daily life. THere is hope.

I can feel your happiness ! :happydance: :egypdance: :happydance: .

Take care, Fx :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you so much Fernie,
that is very generous of you especially when you are having such a rough time at the moment.
I am glad you are feeling a bit better and hope that very soon your knee will settle and be kinder to you.
You deserve a break,
Take care my Fernie friend,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2: :thankyou:
 
Congratulations to you Toothfairy! You deserve to be congratulated on your hard work and dedication. Take a bow :yay:

In regards to your new exercises, you are so correct, do the best you can and progress will be made.

Keep up the good work toothfairy, I am very happy for you and your progress you are making. You deserve a happy dance :dancy:
 
Thank you Kim livinginfl it is so lovely to share the good times as well as the bad with such supportive friends.
I love the happy dance you sent my way, I hope things are going well for you today. Each day presents new challenges to be embraced and enjoyed.
Take care,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Hi Toothfairy, sorry been AWOL a while. Just catching up on your thread. 110!!! How great is that!! Well done & big pat on the back! What are the new exercises you've been given? Just when I think we're at the point where things are getting a little easier, some PT pops up with new exercises??? :yikes: impressive knitting too & thank you for your generous offer of a biscuit & bun, I've virtually sampled one of each, yum!! Plus, bonus of all bonuses, they are totally calorie free that way!! :happydance: :ok: :snork: :rotfl: :heehee: Keep up all the good work, it obviously is paying off & turning you into a total domestic goddess on the way !! Big hugs!! :puppysmooze: :egypdance: :friends:
 
Way to go, Girl! Keep up the good work and the positive attitude. You will be cruising outside on your bike in no time. Just thinking about riding outside makes me giddy--can't wait. I'm with you: so thankful that we have this opportunity--gift--of returning to activity pain free. Sleep well.
 
Hi fairy, how are you today? What have you been doing?

Im bit wiped out now it's pushing 7pm. Not done a great deal, trying To enjoy my last full day to myself until goodness Knows when. Discovered my GPs online repeat prescription service today so had a go at ordering some more cocodomol. Receptionist, very nicely, said they are controlled and I've had 3 lots already. I said thanks, but I'd take my chances the good doctor would realise my pain and look favourably on my request when it landed in her in box :heehee: How very modern! I had to laugh as I pressed send ! :rotfl: They be diagnosing via Skype next. :heehee:

I hope you are well and le tour training is going to plan.

Take care my fluttery friend, hugs and smiles, Fernie x :flwrysmile:
 
All sounding really good toothfairy! It's great to read your thread. On yer bike, girl!
 
Hi everyone, thank you for your lovely posts. It is lovely to read them.
My new exercises are challenging me.
The first is stepping up one step leading with the TRK knee followed by the other knee then step back down. Repeat 20 times. I can do that fine.
Second is to stand one step up and lower non TKR knee down slowly as though stepping down, tap it on the floor then raise it back up. Repeat 10-20 times. A bit more challenging but getting easier.
Third is 20 heel raises both legs together then 10-20 heel raises while standing only on TKR leg, challenging on one leg.
Fourth is mini dips bending TKR knee as far as possible and raising back up while standing only on TKR leg. 10-20
Hope that all makes sense.

I can manage them all now but I am having some swelling and discomfort. I expect it will get easier when the muscles get used to the new challenges. I am also increasing my cycling, I did 10 km yesterday. I think I might be better splitting it and doing 5 km twice during the day.

Hope you got your pain meds Fernie, have a great weekend everyone,
Time to go and do those exercises,
Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy:
 
Good evening.
I am feeling much better this evening. I had a trip to the seaside today, a lovely walk along a flat even path beside the sea then a tasty lunch in a beachside cafe in the sunshine. Bliss.
Stopped for some retail therapy on the way home.
Treated myself to a colourful new sweatshirt.
I am a bit stiff now but it was worth it, I feel so much cheerier after my change of scene.
I hope everyone has had a great day,
Hugs to all, Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom