TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. I did pay a small price for my exertions yesterday. I took a while to get to sleep then woke up with a stiff and uncomfortable leg but my 2am pain pills sorted that out so no complaints. I haven't needed to take them for the past few days but definitely needed them last night. I am slightly stiffer this morning but my knee was soon moving once I started stretching. I managed the exercise bike with the seat down a notch too. Needed a bit of hitch and wiggle till I got going but then I was fine. All is well and it is a beautiful morning here.
Life is good.
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2: :yahoo:
 
Morning, sounds like a potential visit to Club was diverted at the last minute :thumb:

I need a good stretch to sort my leg, must have slept badly, also need ice. Shower first!

Exercise bike already? :angel: Seriously.

Ive just written to u On my post so won't repeat myself :heehee:!

Glad all is continuing well in the land of pixie dust :flwrysmile:.

Best wishes, Fernie friend xx
 
Hi Toothfairy, read your note on my thread too, glad you managed to get your pain levels sorted & drift back off to sleep. :sleep: I'm ok, as soon as I got my ice (hubby forgot -bless him!) :headbang: and took a painkiller, I managed t go back off again (took an hour.I reckon :mcoffee: ) its good that you managed to unkink yourself this morning & kudos for getting straight on that bike!!! I'm hoping to take a small walk outside with hubby & the woofs (, only ten minutes to start, ) after Easter. We have a lovely lake at the back of our road which takes around 35-40 minutes to walk around, so I would like to gradually work my way up to that! Your river walk sounded lovely and thank crunchie the weather seems to be improving!!! :yes!: :yes: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Hello all I have done a week hurrah :) :) I saw pt yesterday we said I should not be on one crutch and said I should be doing less. I am very bored doing nothing, can't believe I have to rest for 5 more weeks. My knee is still very swollen so am being good icing and resting. Hope everyone is ok. I had my day of crying yesterday is that normal? Talk again tomorrow when more cheerful. Again I am not sure what thread I am on, I think I am on tooth fairy sorry how are you?
 
Hi EWKP, yep, you're on toothfairy's thread & yep, your right on track for the one week weepies!! Patience is the key to this recovery, we are told this many times, but it still makes for nail biting frustration occasionally!! :headbang: Try taking up a hobby which doesn't involve your legs! (We're knitting & crocheting at the mo-the more advanced amongst us are baking!!!) :snork:
Hey toothfairy, loved the doll, may gave a go at making one & I'm sure I can think of at least one person to throw it at!!! :whistle:
 
Hi Jetthugger,
How is the tea cosy doing? My sleeves are 3/4 done. I am starting to look at new projects for when I am finished.
Made hot cross buns today and they turned out nicely. Delicious. Quite good for knee recovery as made in short bursts with long rests in between while the dough rises.
Hope you can get out for a gentle stroll, it does you the world of good. I had another walk today, lovely to be out but I am a bit sore this evening. Never mind.
Off to bed for a restful night,
Hope you sleep well,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Hi Toothfairy, i have finished my prototype tea cosy (the thing I love about crochet? Quick!) :yes!: I'm currently knitting one to see how that goes & will experiment with some different crochet & knitting designs & patterns as I go. I may have a go at the hot x buns, ably assisted by my lovely step-son who not only is a keen cook, but laps up the spoils of his work with relish! :puppysmooze: I'm glad you are finding joy in walking! May try it myself if it's nice tomorrow, just round the block with the woofs, hubby can take loopy Loki, & I will have my old girl, Jett so I'm in no danger of being pulled over!! :yikes: It's a shame that these little excursions come with a painful price tag, but I suppose patience & not pushing too hard will reap benefits. I must confess to having a go on the walking thing :sorry: (my sister says its called a cross-trainer) I find it ok & I had a minute only on the bike too. Just pushed till I felt my quads start to solidify, then stopped, elevated, iced & rested. :angel: Reckon we shall be in the tour de bone smartie 2013 after all!!! (as long as its autumn! ) :bicycle1: :bicycle2:
Here's wishing you a deep & restful sleep. :sleep: :friends:
 
Week Four starts today.
It started well, good nights sleep, stretches, 2km on my bike, ice. Breakfast at the table, all good.

Disaster struck when I went upstairs to brush my teeth, I popped into the bedroom, somehow managed to get my right foot tangled in the sheet where the bed was turned back and fell flat on my face giving my new knee a little MU no A :yikes:

Thankfully once I got over the initial shock I don't seem to have done any real damage. I landed first on my right leg and hands so my TKR leg didn't get much of a bump just a good bend. It is little stiff now but not swollen. I have just done my second set of stretches for today and was surprised that they felt normal.

We did carry on with our morning plans and went out for coffee and to do a little shopping. I have spent the afternoon sitting icing and elevating and knitting.

Happy Easter everyone, :egypdance:
Toothfairy x :bicycle2:
 
OMG!!! Hope you stay OK!! That's typical of something I would do!!! Poor TF!! :puppysmooze: :puppysmooze: must've been terrifying for you! :yikes: It's the one big fear isn't it? Falling over & undoing all the hard work you've done in a heartbeat! Bet your relieved that you haven't done any damage! :thud: Now take it easy for the rest of Easter! I had to swallow my heart when I read your update! :shocked: big hugs :friends: :console2:
 
Thanks Jetthugger,
I did get a big fright and so did my husband who watched me fall. I just lay on the floor and assessed the damage for a while then had a little cry before I worked out how I was going to get up. The cat was very confused as to why I was on the floor and kept nudging my head. :kittykiss:
Once I realised nothing was really hurting I felt much better. I don't want to do that again. I am very grateful that I got off so lightly.
I will be moving very cautiously for the next few days. Might give the bike a miss, I will see how I feel in the morning.
Dd you get out for your walk and your doggy chews?
Have a happy Easter
TF x :happydance: :egypdance: :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Gosh TF that would have given you a big fright :yikes: gave us all one as well :happydance: :sad: Glad your knee is ok I have a bad habit of slipping on something and over I go and can't move my knee for the next week so I have a very big fear of falling as well
 
I didn't get out for my walk, had a full minute on the cross trainer, so after my shower, exercises & pottering round feeding the woofs & making myself a pot of tea, my quads started to feel like lead shot :yikes: & so I iced, rested & elevated. I had a visit from my sis & BIL, followed by two work chums, which was lovely! :cheers: That exhausted me (much to my surprise!) and I promptly fell asleep for a solid hour!! After your unfortunate fall, I became more wary myself!! :shocked: Got MIL tonight, who's offered for the fifteenth time to give me a bed bath (shudder) you have to give it to dementia! It's a cruel illness... :blush: anyway, it's Easter Sunday tomorrow, I have a garage bought egg from a distraught hubby who left it to the very last minute (as usual!!) :skep: Here's hoping your hubby didn't let the side own & you have a whopper of a scrummy egg to gnaw on after a lovely Sunday roast! Washed down by hot crossed buns, made by your own pixie hands!!! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Hi Tf ... is your Easter Sunday filled with a happy knee and a happy heart I hope so. I had a bit of a slip in the garden yesterday and it freaked me out...but you've done the complete tumble and no real damage done ...so happy for you...scarey though eh. :yikes: :beg:

Today is pretty much just relaxing for us...we went to a sunrise dawn service down at the beach which was easy for me as I was already awake..just had to get sleeping husband out of bed..which was no real drama. It was quite a steep walk up to where the service was held so my knee was very happy when we finally got back home afterwards. My knee was okay but as usual I was exhausted by my effort so I've just had a power-nap to recharge the battery. :thumb:
Hope you scored in the choccy egg department...mine sort of forgot...but he had picked up a couple of little ones from the gym last wednesday..so they will just have to do :heehee: :giggle:

Hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Well, I was so sorry to hear about your fall and I was glad that your husband was there for you, even though you probably gave him quite an alarming experience. Hope all is well and there is no sore spots. It is a very scary moment that can happen so fast.
Take it easy and give yourself some extra pampering and rest for a day. Be careful Toothfairy and take good care of yourself
 
Happy Easter to all,
I am happy and well this morning. I was a bit sore by the time I went to bed last night but surprisingly slept really well and did not need any pain meds during the night.
I have done all my morning stretches, a few extra tiny aches but nothing major and not affecting my bending. I cautiously tried the exercise bike and was fine, 2.5 km this morning. I am now sitting with an ice pack and feeling very relived that I have not done anything drastic.
Easter eggs, hmmmm, my husband was his usual hopeless self and didn't get himself organised to get me one. :hissy:
I did get him one, got it delivered the other day with the shopping and managed to distract him so I got it into the house without him seeing it.
I will just think about my waistline and not fret. Life is too short. He is a very good and caring husband but not good at things like that.
jetthugger your post did make me laugh, good luck dodging the bed bath. Give your husband credit for the garage bought egg, he did better than my husband! :heehee:
gami I hope you had no after effects from your slip in the garden.
Have a great day everyone, Toothfairy x :happydance: :yay: :egypdance:
 
Hi TF, sooo glad you recovered from your frightening fall with only a few aches! All turned out ok on the eggy front, as hubby decided to tell me (after 14 years together, I didn't know!!) that he doesn't like Cadbury cream eggs & I'd bought him a humdinger of a huge one, complete with six cream eggs! :shocked: ! So...... We swapped! :rotfl: :heehee: I had a bit of a rough night, but ok now. Just gonna crochet today, dinner will be cooked for me by hubby, MIL has only offered to bed bath me four times today but I didn't get up till 11am, so plenty Of time yet!! :gaah: well done on 2.5 km on the bike!! :ok: I'm not nearly there yet, only a minute whacks me out! :thud: I'm gonna try or 2 mins on cross trainer & 2 mins on bike, but later on as I'm still stiff from flubbing my meds this morning!! :groan: Take care & hope you have a splendid Sunday (coldest recorded Easter Sunday for 100 years!!) :puppysmooze: :friends: :snork:
 
Good morning and Happy Easter Toothfairy! Your river walk sounds wonderful. So glad to hear that you were able to push yourself just a little bit and after some rest and ice, you didn't over do it. :dancy:

How did your hot cross buns turn out? I'd love to see a picture! Are they savory or sweet? I've read about them here in multiple posts, but have never had the pleasure of enjoying them myself.

If you are ever back in the business of producing sleepy dust, please let me know. I would pay quite the price for a good few hours of comfortable sleep! :heehee:

I am not caught up on your thread, but will do so a in a bit. I hope that all is well in your world and that your recovery is going smoothly.
 
Hi jetthugger I hope you managed to get through the day bed bath free! Was your MIL previously a nurse?
I love the fact that you didn't know after 14 years that your husband doesn't like cream eggs.
I have been married for over 30 years and still find out things I didn't know about my husband. It keeps life interesting!
I hope you have had a relaxing day full of delicious food and good company and no bed baths.

Hi forevergimpy my hot cross buns are sweet, an enriched dough with some cinnamon and fruit. Very tasty. I will post a photo but I need to do it from my computer as I need to reduce the size of the images.
I do wish I could send you all some sleepy dust. Hope both you and Alison sleep better tonight.
Goodnight, sleep tight, sending the sandman your way,
Hugs Toothfairy x :sleep: :zzz:
 
Catching up today and read about your fall. EEEK. One of my worst fears. I am so glad you are OK and were able to have a nice Easter. Sending you a virtual chocolate eggs--calorie free! Thanks for your ever positive and inspirational attitude.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom