TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
A standing ovation to you my friend, how rewarding :bicycle1:


Keep up up the good work TF, and congratulations to you!
Happy to hear that the suture is out and everything is looking good. Sorry I am unable to help with the nausea :thud:
 
Good evening to you TF, sans suture!! :happydance: You're doing great!! That list of exercises!! I was exhausted just reading them! :heehee: I'm still on just trying to elevate & stuff, though I admit I'm a good couple of weeks behind you in the greater scheme of things. Have a restful night, sending some carefree dreams your way!! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Glad you are feeling better Toothfairy. The blues hit me around 5 weeks but they passed pretty fast. I really didn't think that I would get them....boy was I wrong! Thank goodness for all the encouragement that I got from all the bonesmarties. :)
 
Great job on the bike! I know I got all excited when I was able to go around that I went a little overboard. My PT encourages me to continue peddling both directions-something about the hip flexors. He says the next step is to try and keep my ankle flexed rather than pointing my toes. It is much harder and I am not able to do it yet. Rest well, hope the nausea has subsided.
 
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I was so pleased to get those pedals turning in the right direction.
This morning I stretched on the bike and then still had to start by going backwards but after a few rotations was able to go forwards and managed a km this morning. No nausea. I am now sitting icing. It is so exciting to see progress.
gami knitting seems to be very popular at the moment. It is very satisfying to sit and make something. I had a huge collection of knitting needles from earlier years when I knitted a lot. After many years of no knitting I put them in a charity shop bag. The upside of this was that I had to buy some new needles and bought some bamboo ones. I really like them, they are lovely and quiet, no metallic clicking. What do you fancy knitting?
Hope everyone has a great day,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :yay: :dancy:
 
TF I certainly noticed a difference doing the exercises yesterday. I did them twice and when I was lying in bed I could feel the back of my knee twitching a bit so it felt like I had done some good. The ones I got from my physio were similar but like I said not as many. Esp the last one doing the lunges on bottom stair. I found that one to be very good. Will do it three times today and maybe measure my ROM again next week and hope theres been some progress. Have a lovely day x:)
 
That's good Pat, I am pleased you are finding them helpful. I found the stair lunge very good too. It really seemed to make a big difference but is not difficult.
Have a great day, TF x :kittykiss:
 
sorry, TF, hanging my head in shame for not keeping up with your rapidly moving thread! :sorry:

I konw we've caught up on my thread so will just say, this is all great, so encouraging - you really are having a perfect BS recovery.

Keep up the good work ! :egypdance: :happydance: :yay:

Love
Fernie x :flwrysmile:
 
No need for any head hanging my Fernie Friend, you have been getting on with having a life after TKR which is something to be celebrated and applauded. Something we are all aiming for. :thumb:
I am feeling very happy at the moment with my progress. :egypdance:
Just a thought, your stiff knee might be an after effect of your MU no A, hopefully it just needs a bit of time to settle.
I prescribe rest and ice and bubble baths and chocolate to be taken regularly. :ok:
Non doctors orders,
Now back to my knitting,
TF x :bicycle1: :yahoo:
 
Aw thanks... Yes, put it like that, I guess I have! Yay,there is life after TKR everyone !

Unfortunately! My stiff knee has been like this for about 3 weeks, I'll get there. :)

Now where are those chocs? I've given up the propect of going back to work looking fabulous and post op slim :heehee:

Fx
 
Hahaha have to tell you one of the side benefits of having my husband doing the cooking post TKR is that I HAVE lost weight.....I don't think it will last too much longer as post my hot cross buns He has been sadly missing from the kitchen pre meals times. :egypdance: :spin: :yahoo:
Have a lovely Easter TF...keep up the gentle progress you are looking great for Le Tour.

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Toothfairy, are you well? How are things in pixie dust land? :snork: I'm hoping to be hopping onto the bike after staple extraction in the morning! Sounds energetic doesn't it! :whistle: :rotfl: :heehee: The walking machine actually doesn't look as scary, it's just a balance thing & I reckon I will need to have less tender quads before i even attempt this contraption :shocked: Going to get cracking on my crocheting tomorrow.. Hows your knitting project coming along? :puppysmooze:
 
Well done. Two accomplishments in one day! :dancy: Please keep posting ladies, those of us on the other side need to hear about your journeys.
 
Hmmmmm......knitting? I have been looking for something to keep my mind and hands busy!! Any advice for a newbie? I've never really knitted before!
 
: Hi Dewey first you need wool....... :whistle: :heehee: But seriously, there are excellent tutorials on utube for all kinds of crafts & I'm sure that you could pick up the stitches very quickly. Buy some wool oddments from eBay & people usually auction off a bundle of old knitting pins that have been found in the attic & you can pick them up for next to nothing. Do you know a knitter? It always helps when you first pick up a pin to sit with someone to go through the basics, how to hold your pins, how to thread your wool through your fingers to get the right tension etc... (it's not hard, don't be put off!!) and enjoy!!! :puppysmooze:(sorry to hijack your thread TF!! ) :friends:
 
Hi Jetthugger, I am really well thank you. I am half way through my sleeves and hope to finish my jumper this weekend.
Hope the staple removal goes well. Maybe time for a photo of your remodelled knee?
Take it gently on that bike. I spent quite a few days just rocking back and forwards before I managed any rotations.
The weather has been better here, cold and dry so I have been walking a bit further each day, still not going very far. I am concentrating on walking straight and tall ( well not very tall) without limping. I take my crutch but tend to carry it as I sometimes limp if I use it.
Good morning maddoxsmama not too long now for you, it will soon come round. Hopefully you are cheered by our progress.
Dewey have you knitted at all? Do you know the basics or are you a complete novice? There is lots of advice on the Internet. Try
www.craftyarncouncil.com which has step by step instructions on both knitting and crocheting. Ideally you could go to a shop if there is one near to you and they could advise you on an easy starting project and kit you out with wool and needles. If that's not possible you can google easy knits and get inspired.
If you can do basic knitting stitches you can buy some funky scarf yarns that knit some very fancy scarves just using a very basic knit stitch. I am sure once you start having an Internet wander you will be inspired. Another site worth looking at is craftsy which has some good classes but you have to pay for them. My mum has done some and tells me they are great.
Let us know how you are doing and if you need any help.
Hugs to all, have a great day,
Toothfairy x
 
Hi, how are things today? the days and weeks are certainly adding up and flying by - I've been making plans for August already.

love all your knitting advice above :-) very helpful. Did you see the Hot X Bun recipe on my thread, from Gami? you always forget how many ingredients these things take - does look v yummy though.

so, you're 4 weeks out on Sat - thats incredible and you are doing so well.

Jumper sounds good too! - So all good in Fairy Land :thumb:

have a good day ! :heehee: Fx
 
Hi Toothfairy just wanted to say Hi and that I am glad you are doing so well! Bubble baths, chocolate and some bubbly sound wonderful! Just wanted to say I appreciate your fun and friendly posts! Take care!
 
I have had a good day today. I am pleased to say I managed my river walk this afternoon. It is the furthest I have walked so far and was a bit of a challenge but I just took it very gently. By the time we reached the coffee shop I was glad of a sit down but rallied and managed a little food shopping. I am all set to make my hot cross buns tomorrow. Once I was home I iced and elevated and so far I don't seem to be suffering any ill effects. I will see what the night and tomorrow bring but so far so good.
It is so nice to be getting back to little bits of normal life.
Wishing everyone a good nights sleep,
Hope the sandman is calling on you all,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom