Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR Fairydell's recovery thread

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Wonderful news @Fairydell It sounds like things are starting to wake up. Hope sleep comes right along. I love your crafts! Have zero talent for knitting, so I can only imagine how hard those are to make. Wishing today is your day for sleep!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Fairydell
How encouraging to lift your foot during your sponge bath. Also experiencing sensation again.
It sounds like progress! :yahoo:
I checked out your craft page and you definitely have some talent. Pretty pic also...nice to put a face with a name. I hope you have a great day and maybe even a little nap at some point. :sleep:
Happy Tuesday!

OP
OP
Fairydell

Fairydell

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks @Klassy... It's an affliction.. I can't stop making stuff. I am addicted to crafting the way others are addicted to drugs or drink or chocolate. I see something and want to know how to make it... and then I make loads of the blimmin things

OP
OP
Fairydell

Fairydell

post-grad
Country
I have really had enough now. The nights are dreadful and the past two days haven't been much better. A letter arrived from my surgeon yesterday.. it's a copy of the one he has sent to my doctor explaining the damage to the femoral nerve. It advises my doctor that I have been told it will take 6 months for the damage to repair... he also says that I will find this a nuisance.... not sure if he meant the pain or the leg brace. Anyway. To cut a long story short I am now waiting for a phone call from my GP. I want to ask him if he can prescribe some strong painkillers and hopefully something that will knock me out and give me a good sleep. I have no idea whether he will but I am beyond desperation now

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I hate to see you still in pain.
I hope he prescribes something for relief.
Maybe you could also ask about corticosteroid for inflammation and swelling or nerve block?
Those seem to be possible therapies for femoral nerve pain.

Last edited:

Bionic

post-grad
Country
@Fairydell
I think if the DR can give you something to help you sleep this will make quite a difference to you.
Sleep throughout all of my ops has been awful but this week I have been sleeping much better and feel much better for it.

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
I really feel for you @Fairydell
I’m sure if you could get some good sleep you will feel more positive... please contact your GP & get him to prescribe something to help... it’s only for a short period of time & will so help...
Although he said it could take up to 6 months it could theoretically be a shorter time.... I do hope so ... sending lots of hugs xxx[emoji3059][emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fairydell

Fairydell

post-grad
Country
I have spoken with the GP and he has prescribed a nerve blocker... Tony will pick it up on his way home from work. He was surprised that the surgeon admitted damaging the nerve. Apparently it isn't something they see very often.

OP
OP
Fairydell

Fairydell

post-grad
Country
I've been reading the awful potential side effects of the nerve blocker... I must say it worries me. This really is not how I viewed my recovery. I love the scrambled line picture... It perfectly depicts what my expectations were compared to my actual recovery. The 'this is temporary' mantra is wearing a bit thin... I am seriously considering cannabis oil... has anyone had any experience of using it for pain relief?

mollymum

Country
Hi, @Fairydell, I had some nerve pain after removal of some lymph nodes under my arm and a lumpectomy, and was prescribed amytriptiline for a short period-- it worked for me and I think I only needed it for about a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahBee

graduate
Country
Agreeing with @mollymum . Amitriptyline is a very nice medication. I found a half dose was enough for me and I didn't wake up feeling hit over the head with a baseball bat. But did have very restful nights

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Ally1989
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom