THR Fairydell's recovery thread

Hi @Fairydell So glad to see you here. You are a fighter! You will get better. I admire your spirit hacking away at your thorn bush. I have a long list of Fall projects in our yard. Have to go slow, but it feels so hood to be productive again. Hoping this next month proves to be great healing for you. My 5th month brought lots of nerve and soft tissue improvements. Seem to be helping my stamina and strength. Keep moving friend it is truly restorative. Hope you like your gardens new look after battling the hedge!

hi @Fit4Family and @Mojo333 It seems like forever ago that I had my op and I want to thank you both for taking time to read my post this morning. I have been outside this morning and fought another chunk of that hedge. It is definitely losing :flwrysmile:
Every day I try to lead with the poorly leg when I climb the stairs but I am still not there yet. I try ten times each morning and eventually it will work. It's a blimmin nuisance climbing stairs toddler fashion but I sleep like a log and for that I am really thankful. My leg gets very tired during the late afternoon and by bed time it's really uncomfortable but not unbearable... I am getting fitter slowly. Starting to notice that my other hip is a bit niggly though and hope to goodness that it isn't on it's way out.

Hi @Fairydell - just wondering - arne't you supposed to lead with the "good" leg upstairs and "bad" leg downstairs? Maybe one of the admins could advise? Hope your other hip behaves itself!

Hi @Fairydell :wave:
It's so nice to hear from you. It sounds like you're doing well in spite of your leg still healing. It seems you and hubby are busy with your garden project...a big one! Thankfully you're sleeping well these days, that always helps. With many months to go until your One Year Anniversary, there Is time and room for improvement. Keep the faith. Stop by once in awhile and say :hi: we always enjoy hearing from you!
Enjoy the rest of the week. :)

Last edited:
Hi @Fairydell good to see you on here! Am giggling at the picture in my mind of you and the hedge! :loll:

Glad you're still plugging along and taking it as it comes.

:hi:
Every day I try to lead with the poorly leg when I climb the stairs but I am still not there yet. I try ten times each morning and eventually it will work. It's a blimmin nuisance climbing stairs toddler fashion but I sleep like a log and for that I am really thankful.
The protocol is usually "Good up - bad down" meaning on the way up, you go up one step with the good leg and the reverse.
I don't know if this is your therapy regimen for strengthening..but I can tell you I didnt have a good leg so I did stairs like a toddler for probably six months. Didnt bother me.
Glad you are still sleeping well...I remember how terribly sleep deprived you were (I was too preop) so that IS a blessing.

Hello @Fairydell. Have just been catching up on your progress. So happy to hear you are sleeping well and doing such yard work as you are! Impressive! I imagine the fresh air and vigorous exercise helps the sleep as well.

I, too, am mostly toddler style on the stairs. It cones and goes. Occasionally, I climb and descend normally and it is usually quite a shock when it happens. Hope you continue to improve. Take care! :)

Hi @Fairydell
Wondering how you're doing these days. Hopefully well and still noticing improvement. I'll bet you've been keeping busy with all your craft projects.
So many of those types of shows going on leading up to Christmas. Wondering if you attend many for ideas, or simply to admire others creativity?
Wishing you a nice week and continued healing.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Mahaan98
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom