TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Tuesday.
 
You have made my day

Hi Diana

TUESDAY 8 JULY MEETING WITH SURGEON - RE SECOND OPINION

You know the expression `there's no such thing as a free lunch'? Well you got your cake and your video (2nd attempt as first offering rejected). Now Tuesday is coming up fast. ITS PAYBACK TIME. I expect by now you will have informed ALL your family members that you will be unavailable and arranged cover at work. Don't stand near anybody who might have a cold, I need you firing on ALL cylinders.

My appointment is at 10.40am. I went there today just to make sure I knew where it was. I will still take the sat nav on Tuesday - just to be on the safe side (you never know I might get amnesia on the 7miles trip). I've checked the weather forecast and there are no hurricanes, snow storms or floods expected - neither are the four horsemen of the apocalypse . So my 7 mile journey should be OK. I'd thought about getting your cell phone number just in case I need to refer to you when I am speaking to the surgeon. But I thought waking you at 5am might not go down too well - you see how considerate I am.

Chris, Dorothy I have nominated you to be on standby as Diana may want a comfort break (best to avoid any peas and legs stuff ). I will send you separate messages re your on duty periods). There will be thousands of messages from Bonesmarties wanting to wish me good luck. Please thank them all and say I will respond as soon as I am able. Any messages from chums in south east england, perhaps you could suggest they drop by and help with the domestics and a little haute cuisine.

Well I think that about does it. Good bye my Friends until Tuesday (or even Monday if I've forgotten anything). xx Carol
 
@patient 99
Dearest Carol,
I am here to do your bidding, I have notified work & my family & told them " Don't bother me,
Carol needs me":no-fin: I have alerted President Obama to make JULY 8, 2014 a day to celebrate All
Things Carol Day :loveshwr:( You certainly like to put the spotlight on Carol ) :rotfl: I have sent you a Pea &
Walnut Casserole, Express, should be there Tomorrow :egypdance:The Warriors have set up a chariot to
Bring you to your appointment :happydance:You will be feasting on Green Grapes & Champagne as you pull
Up to your New Doctor:cheers2: The queen will escort you into the building ( don't forget to kiss her hand ):wink:
If I have forgotten anything Please let me Know:beg:
I am here for you :friends:
Sincerely,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:P.S...I hope the internet doesn't crash, with all your Well Wishers :heehee:
 
I have alerted President Obama
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
,
I just knew you wouldn't let me down. The little extra touches (eg, being escorted in by the Queen) are very much appreciated. You have class, Miss Diana. You sure do.


.I hope the internet doesn't crash, with all your Well Wishers :heehee:

:heehee::rotfl:

I've got well wishers. I have. I HAVE. OK not thousands but two.


If I have forgotten anything Please let me Know

No, I reckon you've got it covered - except the odd joke on Tuesday would be the cherry on the cake. xx Carol
 
Hi Carol,
I am really pleased that you have your appointment on Tuesday. I hope it goes really well and you get some answers and a plan of action.
I will be thinking about you.
I will check back on Tuesday to see how you get on.
Good luck
Toothfairy xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think that works out to 2:40 AM here, I will be on standby (sleeping), which means you can have use of the parts of my brain that are not required for sleep. :dead:
All the best on Tuesday, hoping you find some answers to your continuing pain.
 
@patient 99
Good Morning Carol :wave:
Well, Your time is almost here for your 2nd Opinion. Do you have your Questions ready ?
A positive Attitude, a smile on your face :) As per your request, a goofy riddle just for you :curtsey:
What did the Tomato say to the cucumber in the crowded garden ?
Answer....There's not Mushroom ( much room ) in here for us....:rotfl::rofsign::loll::rotfl::rofsign:
See, Cute & Sweet:cool: Just like us :heehee:
Is Mike going with you to your appointment ?
I will be checking back periodically today, to be with you :friends:
Love Ya,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Carol, I will definitely be on standby (though hopefully sleeping) as you make your way to your appointment. Will send good thoughts your way as I fall asleep tonight and will probably be dreaming about you, so like @Pumpkln parts of my brain will be there for you.

Seriously though, I'm glad you're getting that 2nd opinion and hope you get some answers. Hugs and bugs, Dorothy :flwrysmile:
 
@patient 99
Looks like you will be having 1 & a half Brains to help you out :rotfl::rofsign:Exactly
What have I gotten myself into :shocked:What time will it be in Massachusetts ( Eastern Time )
When you have your appointment ? Have you considered moving to U.S.A ? :heehee:
I will put on a pot of coffee for tonight :mcoffee:
& take a nap today :sleep:I will be here for you Carol !!!!! My promise is my word......
(What have I gotten myself into) ? Me thinking out loud, you didn't hear this :loll::rofsign::loll:
Diana :friends:
 
Cute & Sweet:cool: Just like us

Hi Diana

Cute and Sweet has a ring to it. Like Cagney and Stacey. Can I be the Cute one?

I'm going by myself tomorrow. Mike is away on business. I don't mind at all. In fact I think I prefer it. It will be about 6am your time when I'm seeing the OS. I am as ready as I will ever be. I am prepared for any outcome, just so long as I am taken seriously and he is thorough. If he isn't I will threaten to tell him one of your `jokes' - that will sharpen him up:heehee:.

This journey has been so much longer than I ever imagined. And it really has changed my life . Sometimes I wonder whether I could have handled it better. I probably could. Still it means that if I have to have my right knee done I should be better prepared. Well that's the theory.

I got side tracked. I wanted to check whether your TKR was your right or your left. I went right to the beginning of your thread and just kept reading. You never did say which knee it was <chuckle>. I started laughing when about one month post op you were sounding like you had almost recovered - except for a few drug induced tears. That's my girl. xx Carol Sleep well. You will need it :console2: Cute Carol
 
@patient 99
My Dear Cute One,
Do you mean Cagney & Lacey ? :heehee: I had my Left Knee Replaced, no need for the right one to be
Done :dancy:Mine was a Traumatic injury to only my left knee. I wanted to leave you with a story
About yesterday......My husband &I had to wait for someone for a hour, we decided to take a
Walk. We had to turn back after 15 min. :shocked:Both my knees hurt & I was so hot ( not in the
Sexy sense of the word ) My right hip was bothering me at work last night :groan:
The moral of my story is....I don't live in the "Promised Land":catbutterfly:I only rent space. :rotfl:
But, most of the time I am better than before I booked a room there:egypdance:
I agree with you on a thorough Exam by your Doctor & someone to listen to you is priceless :friends:
Please don't tell him any of my jokes, he will just show you the door:scary:I will say a :angel:
You get the answers you deserve.
Love,
The "Sweet" One :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Good Luck for tomorrow.. Hope it goes well and you get some positive feedback. ❤️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
All the best for tomorrow. I am sorry my friend I have been otherwise occupied but you are in my thoughts....Isn't that a nice sentiment. :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom