Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked peas today. Awesome?
I want to ogle over your list, @patient99

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@patient 99
I am so happy you got an earlier appointment :happydance:Now, don't forget your questions, write
Them down. You can "moan" away....I will be here to listen :friends:Let's try & not play the
"What If" game, it's not my favorite game:no-fin: How about "Hide the peas":rotfl:
I still got it.....:egypdance:
Thinking of you,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
I think all of us here are awesomer then the sum of our knees!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I still got it.....

I know. I know. Diana, if it persists do go and see the doctor :rotfl::rotfl:.

You mentioned writing down my questions for my second opinion appointment. I only have one question `What is causing my knee to feel the way it does?' Once I have the answer to that I will probably have several questions, but what they are will depend on the diagnosis. Diana, if you think I have overlooked something do let me know. All too often I overlook things and then its too late.

@Jozilla thanks for the good wishes. How is your knee now?

xx Carol
 
@patient 99 - so pleased to hear that you have an earlier appointment. I hope it all goes well for you. It is a good thing that you have some private insurance to take care of the initial appointments. It is so frustrating when you don't get the results that you want and need. Keep at it though and keep @skigirl's achievements in mind. I could not do all of that before my knee pain started! :)

Take care of yourself!
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol,
My only advise would be...On top of the tight band feeling you have is to list specific
Times it bothers you. Take a day & write downs times & what you were doing for example.....
8:00 AM...woke up & knee was tight.
9:30 A.M....went for a walk, knee was sore & tight.
12:00......went to lunch....knee hurt while getting up.
2:00 P.M.....after gardening....knee would not bend well.
You get the idea....be specific about how this is affecting your day to day life.
You will do fine, I am very happy you are getting this 2nd opinion :friends:
I will say a prayer that only more time is needed for you...:loveshwr:
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Happy you have an earlier apt!
Use Dianas questions.
Will give OS valuable clues as to what is causing your pain.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Good news that you have a firm date for your appointment.
 
Hi Carol - my tkr right knee is pretty good at 7 months out! It does hurt a little but I have been very lucky. I see my surgeon next Wednesday to see about the left knee that is ready. I am really not looking forward to more tkr surgery but I so much want to not have any more knee pain! Hope you get some answers!
 
list specific
Times it bothers you.

Thanks Diana, I will definitely do that. Yesterday was bad. Two things contributed to it. First I went out without my elastic sleeve (I was wearing a dress and didn't want the elastic sleeve to show) and the scandals I had on weren't my most comfortable - not much spring in the sole. I had a long steep walk back to the car and it was most uncomfortable.

Read a few posts last night that have caused me to have a sleepless night. I am coming to the conclusion that when surgeons can't find what's wrong they offer you a revision. And they say it might work, it might not and it might make things worse. But WHY can't they find out what is wrong???????????? They have Xray to see the bones. They have MRI scanning to see the soft tissue. They have the patient who can explain exactly what type of pain they have and when. They can take biopsies to check for infection.!!

You know where all this is going?? I'm scared that I am going to be told much the same when I go for my second opinion in July. Particularly as I don't even have terrible pain. I have terrible discomfort and only when I am on my feet. I am going to be told that I should learn to live with it. I just know it.

Sorry I know I am not being rational. Will calm down and move from child to adult mode once I've had a cup of tea. xx Carol
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol,:wave:
All very valid questions you have ! Hopefully, you will get some answers :) We will just have to
Wait until July.:console2: I just posted on my thread about my 1 yr. Anniversary appointment.
Go read it.....I hope it will make you feel better:loveshwr:Any plans for the weekend ?:SUNsmile:
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile: P.S....what's round & green & comes after O's ? Did you get the right answer ?
I am so witty & funny, I can't contain myself.....:rotfl::rofsign::loll::rotfl:
 
Carol, I was just getting caught up with you and I'm delighted to hear you've got an appointment for a 2nd opinion. You said your spirits are good and I'm sure not having to wait around for 13 weeks for that diagnostic appointment helps.

We returned Tuesday from our road trip to Wisconsin. I'm glad we were able to be there for the grandkids and Mom and Dad, but it was exhausting and I don't think this 16-month knee is ready for another one any time soon. It didn't like it at all. I am also thinking there's something going on with my knee as I've been experiencing real pain with it. But other than that life is good.

Loved your story of the orange face. Must have been quite frightening to see yourself in the mirror. I'm not getting any alerts from your thread so I'm glad I checked the threads. Have a great weekend and stay away from the tan in the bottle stuff. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
Loved your story of the orange face. Must have been quite frightening to see yourself in the mirror.

Hi Dorothy, Well I wouldn't go that far <chuckle>, perhaps `startled'. I didn't know both your parents were still alive. That bodes very well for you. I saw a tv programme which said ones genes were the single biggest factor when it comes to longevity.

I am also thinking there's something going on with my knee as I've been experiencing real pain

No, no, no. You can't. I want you and everyone else to be doing just fine. It gives me hope. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is just a passing bleep.

Good to have you back. xx Carol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom