TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Yes I was aware of hastags. They drive me crazy, you click on them in Twitter and they just take you to more hastags, or to someone twitter page you could care less. I find that frustrating. I now look for a tiny URL near the hashtag that takes me to where I wanted to go in the first place.
revisionTKR, or revisionTKA, pretty much nothing will come of these hastags.
Sorry for the rant.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In fact if you click on them, it put you in a do loop, bringing right back the same post.
A do loop is an old computer program term for the instructions keep performing the same function, but nothing is ever accomplished.
 
but nothing is ever accomplished.

Oh blow. I got all excited for a minute. I was thinking of you trying to find the info on MRI scanning. I thought if it had used hashtags you could have gone straight there. Clearly not. Back to carrier pigeons then. How are you today? Carol
 
I was thinking of you trying to find the info on MRI scanning.

To find the article in the Library, I just used the old noggin to find it. I knew it was on the site somewhere.

My next step was to get a hold of a friend who just retired from nuclear medicine. I fear he will bend my ear for hours and soon we would be talking quarks, spins, tops and bottoms, ups and downs, and who knows what else. As I would be nodding my head and pretending I understand all that quantum stuff. I do like that quantum stuff, but it does send my brain cells spinning.:happydance:
 
@skigirl I've asked bottomshollow to change my thread title, but she must be a bit busy. Could you do it for me please. I'd like it changed to ` Over one year post op - seeking second opinion on tight band feeling' Carol
 
I Changed your title---this is the time of year when we have relatives visiting and travel a bit! I just got back from my husband's 60th high school reunion!! I have been catching up myself!!
 
Hey Carol,

I hope you are doing well. I go for one year checkup on Wednesday. We are going to have a prayer meeting :beg:about my knee. I need to get it fixed or else:tantrum:. Keep me posted on your second opinion.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
I go for one year checkup on Wednesday

Hi Maria

No doubt you have several questions. I hope you get some answers. I honestly don't know if I am coming or going. I am even starting to question how much is my knee and how much is how I feel about my knee. Does that sound crazy? I had a good day the other day. Now I wonder if it was because my knee behaved or whether it was because I was cheerful.

Maria, could you remind me. How does your knee actually feel now? What are the pluses and minuses? Importantly are you getting pain or is it more stiffness, tightness and lack of bend? Carol
 
I do relate to your post!! I know that once I accepted that my knee was not my actual knee and that it was probably never going to be "normal", I have had an easier time with it. On the other hand, my right knee is pretty normal feeling--but I had it replaced earlier in the degneration process and it healed quicker and better than the left.
 
my right knee is pretty normal feeling-

Hi Kelly, Having has both knees done really does enable you to make precise comparisons. You say the right knee feels normal and the left does not. Was the left knee the knee that had the adhesions? If that's the case its interesting that even though you have had the adhesions removed its still not that good. In what way is it not so good?

I don't want to wait 13 weeks to get a second opinion and am in the process of going private. From what I have learned on BS I think its adhesions or scarring that's the problem. Its the only thing I can think of that would give me that tethered/ tight band/ tourniquet feeling. I am so pleased I found out I can have an MRI scan. At least it means they should be able to see what's wrong without the need for surgery. Carol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@patient 99
Hi Carol :wave:
Have you had anymore time in the "Promised Land" ? That's how it begins....Little peeks
Into how things will be :)
I see you are trying to get an earlier appointment, Good Luck, I hope you do :yes: I have had
The king of all colds for 1 week :swoon:All in my head :bricks:Feels like cement.
Thinking of you :friends:
Sincerely,
Diana:loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Carol, thank you so much for the lovely compliment! How nice of you.
Oh blow. I got all excited for a minute. I was thinking of you trying to find the info on MRI scanning. I thought if it had used hashtags you could have gone straight there.
As I understand it, it only takes you to other posts which have also been hashtagged. Since we're not really using it yet, it dus'ne work yet!
 
Have you had anymore time in the "Promised Land"

Sadly no, but the one little look blew my mind. I've decided that I don't want to wait 13 weeks for a second opinion. I've got some limited private medical cover. I checked with them today and it seems they will cover the diagnostic costs once I get my doctor to do the paperwork. Because I think my problem is adhesions or excessive scarring I've been searching BS to try and find out how successful others have been in having them removed. It takes ages and I am not sure I really got any answers.

I think what has spurred me into action was @skigirl saying that her right knee felt NORMAL. I never thought TKRs got that good. Diana, would you say the same about your knee now?

That cold you've got sounds pretty bad - more like flu than a cold? Have you got it under control yet?

Sorry that this is a laughless post. It shouldn't be I'm in good spirits. Will just have to try harder. xx Carol

ps: just thought of something. Four of us went out to a posh restaurant on Saturday. Aunty Carol got all dressed up - false hair to cover the crater on my head, beads to hide the scar on my neck, a midi dress so as not to show the compression sleeve on my leg. AND loads of tan out of a bottle - well it is summer. Part way through the meal I went to the ladies. I looked in the mirror :yikes: the fake tan had turned a lovely shade of ORANGE. I think I'll stay indoors in future! Carol
 
@patient 99
I had to laugh about your outing :rotfl: My lovely, beautiful daughter did the same thing for
Prom :yikes: Tanning bed & some self tanning spray on stuff. She looked like a bright, orange
Carrot in a Gorgeous white gown:scaredycat:That stuff got all over her gown. Everyone was so polite to her,
Not Me, I tell it like it is :no-fin: She still has the same boyfriend so no harm done.
As to if my knee feels Normal....I would say "Yes"....but, I know I am still healing & I will
Get Better :happydance:Sometimes I get a pain here & there, but it goes away :dancy:I still am cautious
With the stairs & sometimes I need to remember to bend my knee when I walk:doh:But, compared
To not being able to walk at all I am over the moon :yahoo:
I go for my 1 yr. check up Friday morning.....I always hug my O.S when I see him. He is Amazing.
I hope you get an earlier appointment.
Have an Orange- Free Day :rotfl::rofsign::rotfl:
Diana:loveshwr:
 
Carol, I run up and down stairs, ski 100 days, hike 20 miles bike once a week, etc.

I never even think of the right knee. I think of the left--but not all the time or every day. it has had more surgeries and so it is not as happy. I could not ride my bike before the adhesions were removed--because of pain. Yesterday I took a 20 mile ride--did not think of either knee the entire time.
 
Hi Diana

I've got a date for my second opinion - 8 July. Only 3 weeks away. I explained to the clinic that I only have private insurance cover for the initial consultation and the diagnostic procedure. If surgery is recommended I will then have to revert back to the NHS and join the queue. But it means I cut out the 15 week wait to see the surgeon and the wait for the diagnostic tests. Also if NHS surgery is required it means that I will get Mr Gibb (not one of his team) as the pre surgery work was carried out by him.

I am trying not to play the `What If' Game, but I catch myself doing it. When I hear how your knee is and many others it serves as a bench mark. The next 3 weeks are going to pass VERY slowly. Be prepared Diana, my moaning has now OFFICIALLY begun. xx Carol
 
Carol, I run up and down stairs, ski 100 days, hike 20 miles bike once a week, etc.

I never even think of the right knee. I think of the left--but not all the time or every day. it has had more surgeries and so it is not as happy. I could not ride my bike before the adhesions were removed--because of pain. Yesterday I took a 20 mile ride--did not think of either knee the entire time.
ski girl is my heroine!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom