TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I tag you

1. Go into your own thread
2. write a message in the message box
3. at the start of your message put the name of the person you are messaging. This is what it looks like:
@ patient 99 (its the @ sign followed by the name the person uses on BS). If I wanted to message you from my thread I would start my message @momteacher

Of course you can go to other threads and leave messages - which you have already done. This isn't a problem, but usually for good housekeeping people post longish messages about their own problems on their own site. To make sure the person(s) you are talking to sees it, they include their name(s) in the message. If I wanted Chris to see this I would write @Pumpkln and she would get an alert telling her I had tagged her.

If this is unclear come back to me please. I know its a lot to get your head around, especially when you are in pain. Carol
 
How would I tag you? 3 opinions: 1) neuroms along scar tissue causing 'bee sting' feeling. 2.) undissolved stitches 3.) From Emory: nerve damage

It would have been better had they all agreed. Did they give you any treatment following their diagnosis? When replying from your own thread tag me by starting your reply @patient 99. Alternatively you can quote a bit of my message as I have done above. To do this highlight the bit you want to quote. Go to the message box and click on quote me. Carol
 
I am relatively new to this. How would I tag you? 3 opinions: 1) neuroms along scar tissue causing 'bee sting' feeling. 2.) undissolved stitches 3.) From Emory: nerve damage
@patient 99
Dr. 1: "I can remove neuromas, but I've never done this." Dr. 2: bloodworm showed no infection; prescribed gabapentin and then mobic: no results; will see me again in July; Dr. 3: " Don't let anyone remove scar tissue." Recommended accupuncture: after two months, no results. Primary dr. Prescribed hydrocodone for pain. This helps some. Joining gym this summer for water therapy and have had several massages. I also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 10 years ago; was so much better until tkr. Shared this with doctors. Dr. 1 didn't believe in fibro. Dr.2 said part of my problem. Dr. 3 (Emory) no response. Elevating and icing as I write this post. Want to recommend mri to Dr. 2 when I see him in July. Need advice.
 
@patient 99 ,
@Josephine recently posted considerable information in another post about TKR and MRI, she can best answer your question about MRI on your TKR knee, and the quality of the image.
I tried to find the information and came up empty handed.
 
I did find this information

Thanks Chris. In the meantime I telephoned my local hospital and spoke to a very helpful person in the MRI scanning unit. She told me exactly the same as what it says in Josephine's post. That is, metal knees can be successfully scanned after 6-8 weeks. By that time the body has coated the metal with organic matter. Occasionally the metal may produce a black spot on the imaging, but they are checking for this and if it happens they just take another image.

I don't believe for one minute that the OS who did my TKR did not know this. So what was going on when he said I couldn't have an MRI scan because my knee is metal. It throws into doubt everything else he said to me. I put my total trust in the man - bigger fool me.
 
Have a great weekend

Hi Diana, You too. My knee was the best it has ever been today. I was out for about 5 hours. I wasn't on my feet the whole time - stopped off for coffee and later lunch, but even so I was so pleased. I had the elastic sleeve on, but I'm not going to let that detract from my little success. I just got the smallest peak into the Promised Land. Boy is it special. You never know I might get another day like today:yes!::yes!:

In an earlier post you mentioned retiring in October. I was surprised given that I know you love your job. Is it compulsory? How will you manage without your `on my own' space? Carol
 
And so the saga goes on. Carol, I so wish I could do something to help you. I think it's awful how you have been messed about and fobbed off.
 
@patient 99
What wonderful News, a peak into the "Promised Land":happydance::yay::egypdance:You are doing great !!!!!
I think the walking is helping you :walking:They say it is the best exercise for knee replacements :dancy:
I don't know how to quote, but in a previous post you said "Wally the Whip" makes his ladies retire
At 55....my "Real" job will be there for another 10-15 yrs.:rotfl: So, I won't be getting whipped,

But, I will still enjoy my solitude :rotfl:
Keep on doing what your doing....You will get to PL before you realize it....:) :SUNsmile: :doggie::meow:
No Deer...:heehee:
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I so wish I could do something to help you. I think it's awful how you have been messed about and fobbed off.

:what::what::what: But you have helped me. Clearly more than you will ever know. YOU are Bonesmart. I could never have coped without Bonesmart.
 
"Real" job will be there for another 10-15 yrs.

Chuckle. Sometimes what's real and what's virtual all seems to blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr into one. It has crossed my mind more than once that you might be a figment of my imagination. But I know that really can't be true because I could never dream up somebody quite like you :wink: x C
 
Carol,
Hoping Saturday is another good day for you!
I was thrilled to read you have turned the corner.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
I've just read about the new BS feature that enables topics to be linked by using the hashtag. I am going to try it. I am interested in the tight band feeling. So here goes
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It works. Great. By using the hashtag it will be so much easier to read about specific problems. No need to search messages.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom