patient 99
post-grad
We play open and shut windows too.
Really!!!!!!!!! Tell me more. Who does the shutting and WHY. Mike never tells me why he wants the window shut. You could possibly save my marriage <chuckle>.
We play open and shut windows too.
I'd be very glad to read if your experience thus far.
Sue, don't keep me in suspense. Why, Oh Why does Dh close the window.I open the window, Dh closes it,
United Kingdom
United States
I have only had strength
I have lost 4 lbs.
( I don't know how
I hope
( October ) I know why your husband closes the window....POLLEN 


P.S.....Have fun at your Art Festival tomorrow 
I know, your thinking, "Who the hell are you?"!!!
I'm no longer the fresh-faced, positive woman I was 16 months ago. What with the TKR, the six inch scar on the front of my neck, and the hole on my head, which will NEVER grow hair again, I'm a broken woman.
well almost.
Just to say I had an MRI recently & my knee is metal
.this cold has thrown me for a loop
Did you used to have tuppa wear parties in America? Women would get together and the host would try to sell them plastic kitchen wear - same principle. I can't wait to hear what @Dabber buys. She might even send us a photo.
Nobody has told Sue that's she not supposed to be frivolous when battling cancer. 


.
ie, drinking, shopping and none stop talking.
. Oh I forgot, we are flogging tickets to the Promised Land now, not standing under the lamp. Hi Judlepip I know precisely what you are going through. And Yes its pretty awful. What can I say to you? You want more than `give it time, it will get better'.I have, what I call, 'a lump of cement' that I drag around with me!
should I request an mri?
United States
I think it's a good idea to postpone
Wouldn't bother me, but the heat would
I didn't know I would





Josephine says an MRI is possible, and she doesn't give duff information. She says that the lab technician alters the settings to reduce the glare from the metal so that the images aren't distorted. However, others say if the part of the body requiring the scan happens to be the bit with the metal, then the images will always be distorted. I am trying to get clarification.
If you have lots of pain 19 months out then there is most definitely something wrong. If the X rays don't show a problem, then it suggests the problem lies with the soft tissue. This is where an MRI scan might help.
Your American health system enables you to get to see an OS without a long wait. I don't see you have anything to lose by discussing an MRI scan with him. And do let us know the outcome.
You say you have already had 3 opinions. Have any of them said what they think is causing the pain? Carol
ps: its best to tag me from your thread. I'll scoot over there in a minute to get the background.