TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for an "easy recovery" to happen, so many separate pieces have to fall into place perfectly. I suppose I'm just lucky in this one respect. I'm not sure it makes up for all the unlucky stuff that's happened to me in my life, but I'll take what I can get! :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@patient 99
Dear Carol,
Thank You so much for visiting my page on my Anniversary :) I will tell you how opposites attract.
It's like M & M candies, I am the soft gooey, sweet delicious candy middle, You, My Dear are the hard,
Protective, candy coating. Put these 2 together & you get one hellava, scrumptious, totally delicious
Piece of candy:friends:That's us.....
I was looking up in the sky from my backyard waiting for your hug & you guessed it.....SEAGULLS.....
More Goop in my hair:hairpulling: :rotfl:
Off to give The "Big Hairy One" a bath with the hose :dogsniff:
Have a great Day,
Diana :wave::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
How much is that in U.S. Money ? Are you kidding me....A land of :SUNsmile: Of :catbutterfly:
& :doggie: It will sell itself

Hi Diana, its about 850 dollars - about right would you say? I saw a tv programme the other night on the secret lives of cats. There was an old blind and deaf dog that had a cat as its minder. Prior to the cat arriving the dog didn't leave its basket much because it was always bumping into things. When the cat arrived and started to be the dog's eyes and ears it was happy to go on little walks. Quite amazing it brought a tear to my eye. This has no connection to anything. It just came to mind with your Promised land full of cats and dogs.


Come and sell your tickets in the social room, we like a diversion in there.
:heehee:

Diana, Any ideas how a `Promised Land' thread might work in social room?
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol, :wave:
I am afraid $ 850.00 is quite pricey :yikes: We would have to include meals & massages :heehee:
I love your story about the Kitty & Dog. Pets really are like us, sometimes nicer than us :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
I hope you are doing well, any word on your 2nd. Opinion ?
Off to Work,
Talk Soon.....
Diana :chuckmarch:
 
any word on your 2nd. Opinion ?

Not yet. I will ring the OS's office on Monday to find out approximate waiting time. Diana, I am worried. I feel like this is a no win situation. If he advises against further surgery I am stuck with what I've got - a torniquet effect that makes walking uncomfortable, tiring and limiting but not painful. If he offers surgery, with all the usual caveats ie, may not work, may make things worse, I wont know what to do. Further surgery terrifies me. Its like playing roulette - but at least with roulette you can choose the odds.

In the main I have lived my adult life avoiding risk. I over insure everything just to be on the safe side. I never drive very fast. I budget so that I will never be in debt. A cautious woman. And as I get older my caution has increased. Now I may be faced with risk taking on a megga level - my health. In some ways I almost think it would be better if I did have severe pain or a bend of only 45. Then there would be no decision to make. It would have to be surgery.

I know the world is full of people being faced with massive decisions and no guarantees. Knowing this doesn't make it any easier for me. Mike and I were in the pub yesterday. We saw 2 women, one using a walking frame and the other crutches. They would probably have said to me `what have you got to worry about?'. But just because they appeared worse than me doesn't help me.

This is the wrong time of day for me to message (8.30 am). I cheer up as the day goes on. Honestly not looking for answers at this stage, just the opportunity to vent. Thanks for listening. xx Carol
 
@patient 99

Carol, you vent all you like! This is the place for it. We'll listen and hope that venting makes you feel a bit better! :console2:
 
@patient 99
Hello Carol,
I, Like you am not a risk taker. I don't even drive, for fear of a car accident :shocked:
I always cross on the "Cross Walk" & only when the traffic has come to a complete Stop.
Unlike you, I did find myself in debt, but, that story is for another day :heehee: This is a good
Situation to be getting a second opinion. The more "eyes" the better. Remember, you are
The only on who can decide what to do. Go to your appointment fully prepared for
Answers, write them down, bring Mike with you:) Please don't wish you were worse, so you
Would know what to do :no-fin: Think positive, remember......:kittymilk:& :dogsniff:
Vent away, that's what we are here for....
My Husband made me sick ( he won't admit it, but he did ) sore throat, cough, chills :swoon:
I am still painting my back deck, who get's sick in "JUNE" I guess I do :rotfl:
Have a relaxing weekend :SUNsmile:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
My Husband made me sick ( he won't admit it, but he did ) sore throat, cough, chills

It seems as if every second person has a cold at the minute. The nurse who changed the dressing on my head had one. I asked if that was wise given she is up close and personal with vulnerable people. She said she was past the stage where she would spread the virus. I've heard that said before (in hospital). I'd like to see the evidence.

Men the world over don't admit to ANYTHING. Its in their genes. What do you make of this? Every time I open the window in Ms room to air it, he closes it the minute he notices. I said why do you do that? He said I prefer the window closed, but WHY, because I do. Crazy. I suspect the reason is so stupid he doesn't dare say what it is. I wait until he goes out and then open the window:heehee:.

I don't even drive, for fear of a car accident

Does this cause you any problems eg, going food shopping. I rely on my car for everything. I'm not out in the sticks, but far enough that without the car I'd be grounded.

Thanks for the pep talk on my up coming second opinion. Will just have to face this one. x Carol
 
@patient 99
I suppose men do think they are right all the time :) My husband get's his shaving gear
Out on the bathroom sink, the night before he shaves :shrug: I ask him if he will forget to shave if it isn't
Out ? He has no answer, but it drives me batty :chinstroke:While I was painting my deck, 2 fawns where in my
Yard. Such a beautiful sight I might add them to the "Promised Land":SUNsmile: I never did have to drive
My job, super market & bank, pharmacy are all a 5 minute walk from my house:walking:Plus,
4 people I live with drive. So, like the Queen I speak & they bring me where I need to go :wink:
Off to put a 2nd coat on the deck.......
Are you watching that horse race today for the triple crown ? Maybe, you will know the out
Come before me, who should I bet on :rotfl:? I'll spilt the winnings with you :fasthorse:
Diana :wave::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
He has no answer, but it drives me batty

What about you? Any peculiarities that drive husband batty? I live on the edge of a forest. We get deer in the garden. They eat the heads off all my spring bulbs. I'm sorry but they aren't getting into the Promised Land - make do with the cats and dogs <chuckle>.


So, like the Queen I speak & they bring me where I need to go

Respect.


Off to put a 2nd coat on the deck.......

You've been painting that deck forever. Is it a euphemism? Do I need to google it? xxC

ps: I've had no chores at all today and M is going out to get a take away thai meal. I'm starving. Only 20 minutes more to wait. He thinks one rice will be enough for us both. I said OK by me. I will take as much as I want and you can have any that's left. He is now ordering TWO rice. :wink: T
 
@patient 99
Peculiarities ? My family is lucky to have me. Without me there would be no order, they
Would starve, they couldn't even find their underware :rotfl: I am perfect, remember....
Nothing peculiar about me.
I honestly am painting the deck again. It takes awhile when you are coughing & snots are dripping
From your nose onto the deck :eeeuw: It's now time for a nap :sleep: I was up all night coughing:dead:
It's a deal....no deer in the "Promised Land".....Enjoy your Thai Food....I've never tried it.
The race is on here at 4:30 P.M....3 more hours....:fasthorse: Go, California Chrome....
Diana :wave::loveshwr::hi:
 
I am perfect, remember....
Nothing peculiar about me.

That's my girl.

When my Mum was in hospital dying of bowel cancer she used to give everybody hell (her name was Cilla and they took to calling her Cilla the Killa). Some of her unconventional behaviour was down to the drugs, but a large part of it was just Cilla. She'd create merry hell if she was kept waiting for anything. One time on a shared ward somebody switched the tv over to something she didn't want to watch, so she cut the plug off the tele. When confronted, she used to say its not me, there's nothing peculiar about me. Its everybody else.

We loved her too. x C
 

Hi Dorothy, just stopping by to say hello and check how you are doing. I expect its now very hot in Texas. We've had a lovely warm day today, managed to get out and do some gardening.

I'm getting pretty good at washing my hair and managing to keep the dressing dry. It comes off on Wednesday (that's the dressing not my hair). I can't wait. I am thinking about writing a letter of complaint to the hospital about what they have done to my neck - horrible long scar. I will do some research first, but I feel fairly sure there was no need to take the skin from such a prominent place.

Pleased to hear you got over your headache. Do you get them often? And how about your exercising, are you still keeping it up. I'm still doing my one hour a day walk, but its harder in the warm weather. I'm going to an art exhibition on Thursday. Its going to be a real test of my endurance. Lots of getting on and off trains and standing about when I get there. Fingers crossed. Best wishes. xx Carol
 
`Carol, good to hear from you. I haven't been getting any alerts and it's been kind of hectic this week. We're leaving for Wisconsin in the morning. My daughter-in-laws mother passed away yesterday. She was just diagnosed with lung cancer but it had already metastized to her brain. It's hard to believe someone can go so quickly. We saw her in April and she was on her way to the Mayo Clinic where they diagnosed her.

Glad your head wound is doing okay, but I agree and wonder why they had to do the draft in such a prominent spot. Still trying to keep up with the exercising, but still having headaches. Dr.said it was due to cauturization he did in my nose, so they will go away eventually. Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see how my knee does after spending two days in the car. We will stop every couple of hours and taking food along for picnics along the way.

Have fun at the Art Exhibition. It sounds like we're both going to be testing these knees out. Some days I have no pain at all and others, it gives me fits. Just sorry you're having such problems with yours which seem to be with you all the time, but do hope the walking is helping.

Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
@patient 99
Hello Carol :wave:
Your Mum sounds exactly like me :) I once sent my husbands dinner ( fajitas ) flying from the
Top of the deck, right onto him & his friend :rotfl: He said something I didn't agree with :no-fin:
Another time I pulled all the wires out of his car. My favorite saying is "It's not me, It's everybody
Else":bolt:
Well I made it to work today, still sick :swoon:Have a great time at your Art Festival, sounds like great
Fun.
Have a wonderful Week,
Diana :loveshwr::catbutterfly::dogwalk: No deer..... :heehee:
 
Rang the clinic of the OS who I will see for my second opinion. I got all excited when they said I could see him at 2.20pm this Friday. It turned out I was through to his private patient clinic. When I explained I was an NHS patient I was immediately transferred. After hanging on the phone for ages I eventually got to speak to someone in NHS appointments. I was told I'd have to wait about 13 weeks.

I was able to get them to mark my papers to the effect that I wanted to see Mr Gibb, not his registrar, not his bag carrier nor the tea lady, but Mr Gibb.

I don't know if the NHS is really just falling apart or whether people like me just expect more. Carol
 
:groan::bignono::xmark::tiredwheel: 13 weeks!!
I agree about the graft. I had a heart recorder put in then it was taken out...2 incisions, then a pacemaker put in now I saw a lady who had her's done through the same incision scar....me I've got 2 or is it 3!!

I don't drive either, my husband is like Royalty in that he never carries money so we need each other!! We play open and shut windows too.

This is one for your thread, I've been invited to an Ann Summer's party :wink:
 
I've been invited to an Ann Summer's party

Who is Ann Summer? Hang about its coming back to me. Dabs you absolutely have to go. Then you can report back in detail. I'm sure libido is more interesting than knees, necks, lumps and lunacy.

Who invited you? I think that's great. Totally upbeat, or as Diana would say `Wicked Awesome'.

ps: give the thongs a miss, they are more painful than a new TKR.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom