TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just get's tiring being "good" all the time,

Now come on, no little fibs. You know you aren't good all of the time - some of the time I'll buy, but that's as far as it goes Miss Dorothy. Now, my good self on the other hand - a very different story. I'm so good I've got card-carrying pilgrims treading a path to my door:angel:

I haven't seen or heard of Breaking Bad. That's not to say it isn't over here. I'll check it out. How far does Mr White actually go? (private messages allowed).

What's all this Bionic woman2 thing. You once told me you loved MY sense of humour. Hmmmm. And I've done stand up comedy. It was at the check out last Friday. Just watching me trying to stand up had them laughing their heads off. xx Carol
 
[quote: 11023"]Now come on, no little fibs. You know you aren't good all of the time - some of the time I'll buy, but that's as far as it goes Miss Dorothy. Now, my good self on the other hand - a very different story. I'm so good I've got card-carrying pilgrims treading a path to my door:angel:

Carol, I agree with the part about me not being good all the time, but most of the time I try but right now I'm in the mood for serious trouble. But you with card-carrrying pilgrims treading a path to your door, that is hilarious, and I do love your sense of humor. And may I ask why you had to stand up at the check out last Friday. What happened? Had you fallen into your cart, or is that trolley?

Mr. White (he was a high school chemistry teacher) goes way to far for a long time, so we're waiting to see what will happen to him in the end. We watched the whole thing on Netflix, and now own the final season through streaming service called VUDU.

Have you managed to keep this day bright and have a good time with your friend. We've been out and about and now resting. Knee is doing well today. I have been trying to eat more, and I think it's really helping my attitude and energy level. Never thought I'd have to say I don't want to lose any more weight.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but you know I am really partial to the British sense of humor. :heehee: :heehee:
 
Sorry if I hurt your feelings but you know I am really partial to the British sense of humor.

Oh that's alright then. Best buddies again. Dib, dib, dib and such like.

As my mum got older she got more child like. One time she was in the back seat of the car. She had some chewing gum and she was blowing bubbles with it. She was blowing them as big as she could and waiting for the bang, which left her with gum all over her mouth. Cilla was 74 years young. I am beginning to think its happening to me. bang, bang, hugh bang.:happydance:

Now where did all that come from???????????? This is a forum for people to talk about their knees for heavens sake. C
 
but mostly I want to put the OS up against the wall along with all his cronies and say `you've got 3 mins to make it better, or else. You hear what I'm saying you ... bleep, bleep, bleep...........'. If there is life after death I want to come back as a guerrilla fighter.

I'll be right beside you my friend Snappin Necks! :rofsign:Let'me at'em, Let'me at'em! TALK ABOUT BREAKIN BAD! :rotfl: I too, get so tired of biting my tongue and saying the right thing, don't act in anger:angel:

One dayyyyyyyyyyy, somebody's gonna get a RANT from me that would make Mel Gibson's look a school girl singing a nursery rhyme! :hissy::gaah: Okay, where did THAT come from?? :shrug:

I'm actually having an uneventful day. I took a "day off" the site yesterday to get some much needed rest, still need more, but what else is new. This second surgery Woooo, the knee is progressing nicely but it's taking a toll on my body. I wake up feeling like Grandma got ran over for a reindeer for real! I'm hoping after a couple more weeks I'll get my energy back. I think I need to take some iron. I had problems with anemia when I was younger.
Anyhoooo....HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY? :friends:

I haven't been able to continue reading, "As Carol's Knee Bends." it's a spin-off of a US Soap Opera, "As The World Turns." I am happy to say, I don't watch it, or any other soap opera's, I've got my own drama series to keep me busy. I will get continue yours though.

have you ever done stand-up comedy? Or at least write it.

People use to tell me that. I considered it and then my knees got bad. So I am working on a couple of books, they're my "Sit-down Comedies." Once I get off the Oxycodone, THIS surgery recovery thing is definitely a novel and a HALF! Now if I can just get my ADHTripleD self to stay focused, I can finished one. Yeah, Carol you're not the only Buxom Beauty in the house. I DO love your sense of humor. I literally LOL when I read your work. You ought to right a book as well! You almost made me log on yesterday after reading your post, but I had to get some rest.

She had some chewing gum and she was blowing bubbles with it. She was blowing them as big as she could and waiting for the bang, which left her with gum all over her mouth.
Um, :umm:I do this now :loll:, but I try not to get any stuck on my mouth. I also get a big kick out of making a large burp sound after drinking soda, but only when I'm alone or around people who would find the same humor in it. :rotfl: I rarely drink soda anyway... moved on to bigger and better things. :martini:Hear Hear! :cheers2:
Why do I all of a sudden feel like I've shared too much? :skep: Well, we're all in pain here and if my buffoonery can make others laugh through it, then so be it!

:yawn: I hear a knock at the door and IT'S A NAP! :zzz: I have a couple of people coming by later on today to see the old lady rock her walker. :egypdance::egypdance:So I better get some rest.

Hope you're having the Best Day Possible. :flwrysmile:

I think I'm gonna re-post this on my wall... feeling right full of myself. :bicycle2:
 
I'll be right beside you my friend Snappin Necks!


Hiya RaQia I said biting heads off cabbages, you said Snappin Necks. Yessssss. Much better. Snappin Necks, Knee Capping, Burping, Blowing Rasperries. The lot. I'm getting all excited just thinking about it. Just refresh my memory - who is it EXACTLY that we're after as we stand side by side, shoulder to shoulder, ample bosom to ample bosom? Ah What the heck, it doesn't matter. But THEY better watch out. daughter stalker turtle68 how are you when it comes to martial arts? Wanna Snap some Necks? Want to turn the tables on THEY? See how THEY like it. And when THEY plead for mercy WE can. Well we can do anything that takes our fancy. You in sister??????
 
I'm hoping after a couple more weeks I'll get my energy back. I think I need to take some iron. I had problems with anemia when I was younger.
I

RaQia, the tiredness thing really is a big issue. I knew I wouldn't have much energy after the op. but I wasn't prepared for just how tired I felt and for how long it lasted. Its only in the last few weeks that I have been able to stay awake past 9pm. I can't put this down to having bad nights, because I have slept like the dead. 9 - 10 hours straight. Previously 7 hours was about right for me.

What's happening on the work front? Are you going to have to go back in the near future? Some people seem to manage it OK. I have nothing but respect for them. I just don't think I could have managed it. Carol
 
Hi my martial arts buddy. Have you been practicing your split. See Below...
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Or, the sideways one.
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits

You'll need these for the Flash Mob dance and our revenge rampage. I say we get anyone who has caused us pain in the past, wait that would be WAY too many folks for me. Let's just stick with people who pushed us past or ROM or said something stupid in regards to our recovery. That ought to keep us busy. turtle68 and daughter stalker, are you two down? If so practice the above move. However, only Carol will perform it in our dance number.:rotfl::loll: :rofsign:She will be wearing the female version of Black Tie outfit worn below.
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits


On a serious note, yes I can be serious... :yes: Carol I am going back to work on December 2nd my choice. I have to update my short term disability every 5 minutes :skep:, but this date should be okay with them since it's less than 3 months out on my last knee. I think it's like 10 1/2 weeks. I'm hoping all will be well, but that's as long I can afford to stay out. Plus I miss my kids and "work-wife-friend." I finally found someone who I mesh with and can put up with my crazy antics. :happydance:Now to find a hubby like that and I'll be all set! :friends: Keep an ear to the ground for me please. :thankyou: lol
 
I finally found someone who I mesh with and can put up with my crazy antics. :happydance:Now to find a hubby like that and I'll be all set! :friends: Keep an ear to the ground for me please. :thankyou: lol

This is going to come out all bitter and twisted. I've tried rephrasing it. It still comes out all bitter and twisted, but its the best |I can do.

RaQia, I've heard some great reports on this site of lovely men who have been so good. I've read books and magazines of lovely romantic men who have been so good. I seen films and watched tv programmes - same thing. But here's the rub I'VE NEVER PERSONALLY MET ONE. I've often thought if I could take the qualities of Aman and mix them with the qualities of B and Cman I would have found this lovely romantic man who is so good. But that's as close as I've got. Be careful what you wish for brown-eyed girl you just might get it.

Now disillusioned , bitter and twisted of Tunbridge Wells shuffles off into the kitchen to drink tea and sit all alone. :beer:

Mike, I'd like medium steak, new potatoes and salad for dinner............And make sure its cooked just as I like it <wink>
 
This is going to come out all bitter and twisted. I've tried rephrasing it. It still comes out all bitter and twisted, but its the best |I can do.

RaQia, I've heard some great reports on this site of lovely men who have been so good. I've read books and magazines of lovely romantic men who have been so good. I seen films and watched tv programmes - same thing. But here's the rub I'VE NEVER PERSONALLY MET ONE. I've often thought if I could take the qualities of Aman and mix them with the qualities of B and Cman I would have found this lovely romantic man who is so good. But that's as close as I've got. Be careful what you wish for brown-eyed girl you just might get it.


Good morning/afternoon ladyyyyyyy, surprised to see me up this early huh? I finally got my excommunicated first born to properly rotate my mattress and Aaaah! Finally got that a good night's sleep even if t was only 5 hours.

How was that tea? I understand your unintentional bitter and twisted take on men. I concur. I'm not really looking for the fairy tale, although I darn well deserve it! For I am certainly the Fairest of them All! :bow:Bahahahahahaha! That ought'a get you going Carol.

Seriously, I just want to share my life with someone who gets me and I get them. My prince charming doesn't look like someone else's dream guy. I've had a long time to dream about it, so I know what TO and what NOT TO wish for. :scary: This little peak into senior citizen land has not been pretty; I can't imagine experiencing all the aches and pains, as all well as the joys of growing old gracefully ALONE.

KRS is a terrible adventure and most folks on here have a mate (no matter how loving, hateful, annoying, clueless, grumpy, un-supportive and or bitter) to go through it with. It's another breathing person to care, support and help one get through this awful time. They may not get it, but they are THERE. Their presence says "you are important to me and I am responsible for you." No matter how hard it is, unless you're going through divorce, about to get one, or contemplating murder/suicide :rotfl: TWO, ARE BETTER THAN ONE.

Carol, think of all you've gone through during this surgery, then imagine doing it without your husband, physically, emotionally and financially. This experience has showed me who my friends are and who they ARE NOT. When I turned 50 it was a milestone for me. Having Knee Replacement Surgery is more like a Nautical-milestone. To say I have been through a lot doesn't do my story justice... Get the Book, See the Movie and Buy the Soundtrack. :cry: However, I finally feel like the light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train. :scare:My life will take a turn for the better and there IS someone who deserves me around that corner. :yes:

Wow, how did we get here.... Oprah's on! :heehee:

Now that I poured my heart out to a total stranger on the internet... how's your day going so far?
 
turtle68 and daughter stalker, are you two down? If so practice the above move. However, only Carol will perform it in our dance number.:rotfl::loll: :rofsign:She will be wearing the female version of Black Tie outfit worn below.

I'm up for it. But you better have a crane standing by. Its a long, long time since I've been on the floor. Even when I have too many drinks I have to remember that falling down is not an option. The only way is UP. Still can't help thinking the dance number would be better if it were done in a line up. I notice DS and T68 are keeping very quiet. Think I might be getting set up here.

Now what exactly is the female version of Black Tie outfit?
 
You'll need a second crane for me. I'm "up" all the way. Have't been on the floor since the last time I fainted, but I'll do my best at practicing, as long as Carol is doing the dancing. Female Version of Black Tie? Little black cocktail dress?

Dorothy
 
For I am certainly the Fairest of them All! :bow:Bahahahahahaha! That ought'a get you going Carol.

Hey, we've barely been introduced and you've got my number.

They may not get it, but they are THERE. Their presence says "you are important to me and I am responsible for you."

On reading your message the only mystery to me is that they aren't queuing round the block to plight their troth. I've got a million and one things to say, one or two possibly funny, but as you say this aint the Oprah show, we're supposed to be talking knees. But a little deviation .........

Its hard for women of a certain age to find opportunities to meet the right man. Although having said that, a friend of mine used to regularly get talking to chaps on the bus on the way home. You know what's coming...she married the bus driver. No she didn't.

One little word from me to you. Search in the right places. Its no good going to a casino to meet Mr Right - he'll be a gambler. In the cheap newspapers - he'll be strapped for cash. On the internet - too risky. In the UK (probably the same in the USA) one of the best places seems to be the golf club. You don't have to be good at golf or even like it particularly. But there is a high proportion of men of the right age and something to offer a feisty female such as you.

Enough. My knee is quite good today. Thank you for asking. How is your knee - better I hope. How's the weather in Harlem. Its raining cats and dogs in East Sussex etc etc. - boring, boring. :yawn::yawn::yawn:

RaQia, what's the worst date you've ever been on?
 
Hi Carol, I'm glad to hear that your knee is having a good day.
I've just been catching up on your thread and enjoying the banter.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Edinburgh festival. You certainly cheer up my day.
Toothfairy x :heehee:
 
You'll need a second crane for me. I'm "up" all the way. Have't been on the floor since the last time I fainted, but I'll do my best at practicing, as long as Carol is doing the dancing. Female Version of Black Tie? Little black cocktail dress?

Oh go on make an exception - just for me. After all doing the splits can't be that difficult - particularly if you hitch up that little black dress. I'll be there to catch you Honest <chuckle>.

You put your right foot in, your right foot out, in out in out, shake it all about................. then we ALL fall down.
 
:dancy: HaHaHa - I've never been able to do the splits in my life. I will pretend though.
 
Carol, I'm from Harlem but I'm in Georgia now. I know, what a jump, talk about extremes! Good thing I'm a chameleon.

Thanks for the input on my quest. I would tell you my worst date so far, but I think it's a tie :rotfl: and besides, I'd give away the best couple of chapters in the Online dating book I've started. :rofsign:(If I could... yeah, turtle68, I've never fainted but it's been a minute since I've been on the floor too.

Ladies, I'm EXHAUSTED!!! P/T wore me out. I even walked up and down the stairs. It seems whenever I do anything that involves me being out of my bed, it's wipes me out. Now ladies we will not insert any jokes here, considering the previous topic. :no-fin: lol

I'm about to crash. Enjoy the rest of your day. :friends: Ooo Carol, glad your knee is doing well today! :yes!:
 
Ladies.....Drum Roll Please............
I AM BACK :happydance:
I have been a whole week with NO phone line, NO internet & found out very quickly that there appears to be NO mobile signal :sad: Sill, as of late yesterday we are now CONNECTED :) It has been quite a stressful week or so, obviously & it hasn't helped that I came down with the most horrible cough/cold virus the day before moving...I still have it now...GGRRRR :hissy: It is still chaos in our new house. Oo much stuff & not enough space to put it! However, it's a 3 minute walk to the beach to take the dogs out & they love it :) 4 minutes in the opposite direction & I can walk them through some woods & by the side of ploughed fields. & meadows..perfect!
So, the "knee"??? Well, all things considered the poor thing has held up quite well! It has been ' inadvertently bent' a few times when I've tripped over crates, boxes, a dog etc! I've had a couple of nights in bed when the pain has been so intense I've had no choice but to get up again & unpack a few more boxes! I've noticed that when I walk the dogs 1st thing in he morning, the pain in the shin bone is horrendous, but I have no idea why? This does ease up as the morning goes on but VERY frustrating :gaah:
So, there you have it! Everyone down here in Elmer is friendly! That makes a difference to your day to start with!
I'll try & catch up with your threads at some point but at the moment I don't even have any bedroom curtains! Don't want to be getting a reputation in my 1st week :angel:
It's SO GOOD TO BE BACK :) xx
 
Wonderful to hear from you again. Sounds like a great location - so peaceful and since people are nice, even better. It will all come together, I just find it does not happen as quickly as when I was younger and that is not even counting my knees. Make sure you take breaks and rest during the day also. Happy New Home :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom