Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Carol, since my new meds pain is not to bad, do feel a little sickly sometimes but so much better than the pain. Went out to a friends for dinner tonight, great evening but was really happy to get home. First meal out in 7 weeks.
We are moving into a new house on the 16 th Sept, I'm quite excited about it, but so frustrated because I really want to start cleaning out cupboards. It's just not going to happen yet. Learning to be patient is hard. Not so many tears at the moment and that's good. Hope your having a great positive day, and pain fee. Regards Leonie. XO
 
All the best for your move, that can't be easy to plan for. I just don't want to do anything at the moment, 10 weeks post op. My head keeps making unworkable plans too when my back is turned!
Sue.
 
I can plan much at the moment, I just want to clear things out of the cupboards, so don't want to shift **** into our nice new home. I'm getting removilist to pack and unpack, I don't want them to wrap up rubbish . It's great you have come over for a chat.
 
Feeling anxious about tomorrow. I have a 9am appointment with the OS. My knee still feels pretty awful. Hope he says `Everything OK, just give it more time'. Probably wont get much sleep tonight. Carol
 
Thinking of you Carol & good luck for tomorrow :) At least your 1st on his list so get those questions across to him & fingers crossed you get appropriate answers! Let us know how you get on :flwrysmile: xx
 
Hi Carol. At last all your nervous waiting will soon be over. I hope you go in with a positive attitude and come out pleased with your consultation. I would still love to have your ROM but I know from reading on other posts as well as yours the tight band feeling is a pain literally. Sending you hugs and hope you will write a lovely positive post tomorrow. GOOD LUCK x
 
Knee pain Hi Leonie, I go to see my OS tomorrow. I know, like me, you have tight rubber band syndrome. I'll let you know what he says as it you may find it helpful. Carol
 
Good luck for tomorrow, will hear how it goes tomorrow
 
HI Carol,

I found your thread finally and wrote a long reply, then I lost it. Good luck on your appointment tomorrow. Give 'em hell. Will catch up tomorrow.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Good luck Carol! Everything crossed for a satisfactory consultation & good news...EVEN if the words MORE TIME crop up ! X :friends:
 
Hi Dorothy, at the top left hand corner of the box you write your messages is a green arrow. If you lose a message, click on that arrow and it restores it. You have several minutes to get your message back. Carol
 
Thanks everybody for your good wishes. I am just having a cup of tea now and then I'll be off. I'm going to ask if he will Xray my right knee too. At one stage I didn't want to think about my right knee, but I can't continue to ignore it. What's the protocol on BS. If I have my right knee done do I have to start again ie, do I get stripped of my Senior status, and revert to being a Junior - its vital to get the important things sorted don't you think? xx Carol
 
Hi Jaki if the OS says anything remotely to do with time, you know what's gonna happen. I will see your face and start laughing uncontrollably. C
 
Hi Carol. Im sure you will continue on your present thread if you have another TKR. Been thinking about you. Hope everything goes well.
 
Hoping it went well, Carol. I think I'm going to ask for a LK X-ray when I go for my next appointment.
Sue:)
 
Hi Everybody, Well that's all over. Guess what Josephine and Jaki couldn't have predicted the future more accurately if they had tried. OS say ` No MUA and give it more time. He said an MUA with O/90-120 is totally inappropriate and that I was doing well for 5.5 months. The tight band he said would continue to get less and less. He then proceeded to discharge me. I could have started on about why had he suggested MUA in the first place. But I didn't. I just let it go. All down to me now to fully recover.

He examined my right knee and confirmed bone on bone. He will operate whenever I am ready. Whilst that's a bit of a blow I am not surprised, I knew it was coming. There's no pain yet, so all being well I will give it another 6 months and then start all over again - thank god I only have 2 knees.

So I suppose it is time to say a big thank you to everybody who supported me, particularly Jaki, Dorothy and Josephine. I don't think I could have made it without you. It all feels a bit sad. I have laughed with you and cried with you. I've messaged you at all hours of the day and night. My one regret is that I never met you in the flesh. I never did get a chance to buy you all a drink.

I positively hate good-byes. This definitely isn't good bye. I will look in from time to time and, of course, I will be back around February 2014 when I have my RTKR. Au revoir my friends. Carol

ps: given that Josephine and Jaki are so good at forecasting the future could they please let me have the lotto numbers for tomorrow night. Thanks ever so much.
 
It set your mind at rest at least and now ,at 18 months out, I would do other knee if it needed it. At 5 months I couldn't even imagine ever doing it again! Don't disappear altogether.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom