TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
@patient 99
I am so happy to hear from you :) If it makes you feel any better, I don't tick very often.
We finally had our first snow yesterday :happydance:The winter gives me one thing I find hard to
Acquire....ENERGY....I love the visual of snow falling....very relaxing. The cold weather is
Better to breathe, in the heat I feel like I am breathing through a hot, wet, dish towel :yikes:
I really like your questions in the social room & am happy you are getting answers. If you will
Notice I am not a "QUEEN" anymore ( ck. my Avatar ) & I won't be posting as much.
No need too, I have no knee problems & rarely give out any decent info. To folks going into
Surgery.
I will however be on the look out for @turtle68 video from Thriller, I wouldn't miss that
For the world.
Take Care,
All my Love, Forever & Always :friends:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June @patient 99 - I will work on posting that vide tomrrow. It's on my husband's phone - it was definitely a success and I am definitely the shimmying queen of Sweetgrass. The Halloween Monster Bash was a huge success with 170 people and I loved the most original costume. It was 50 shades of gray, and she had paint sampes of gray all over her body, a whip and the book (whiich she asked my dear hubby if he wanted to read). It sounds like you all are doing well. I've not done a good job of keeping up but life has been so hectic lately. I thought when you retired you were supposed to sit in your rocking chair and relax, but it just hasn't worked out that way. Carol, I'm going to the Social forum right now to see what you've been up to.

Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
I've not done a good job of keeping up

@new knee in June said `I wont be posting much any more'

Looks like I am the last one at the party. As I have said before its been a pleasure to have known you. Pop by when the mood takes you. All my love Carol.

ps: Dorothy you can't get off the hook that easily. We have to see the Thriller video.
 
@patient 99
Just popping in before work to say Hi :wave:I raked all day :groan:Will do the
Front yard tomorrow :) We are having a heat wave, near 70 degrees today :SUNsmile:
I can't wait to see @turtle68 video, I bet she was Awesome :happydance:
Have a wonderful Night,
All my Love, Forever & Always :friends:
Diana :roseshwr:
 
I raked all day

Hi Sweetness, That's good. You are not leaving immediately.

Raking is good exercise, but boy is it hard work. I can only manage a couple of hours tops. I have a compost that I keep only for leaves. It breaks down in 12 months. Its lovely stuff and you can't buy it. I've just been told about a garden fork that is sprung loaded to make digging easier. I'm onto that. Digging is something I really can't do and it holds me up when I have to wait for help. Having to depend on people for things is a real pain.

70 degrees today

Now I am jealous. I suppose you are indoors with the air con on<chuckle>. You mentioned that the hot weather affected your breathing. It shouldn't do that. Have you had it checked out?

I am going to a zumba class today. Been once before and didn't like it that much. But have decided to give it another go. Unlike dancing you don't have to think that much and that's a negative for me.

Did you see the thread in the social room about the Amish. Wondered what you thought? xx
 
@patient 99
Hello Cuteness :wave:
I am glad the Amish get help when they are sick. There have been cases in the
News where parents refused treatment for their child. The child would die & the
Parents are hung with a child abuse stigma over their heads. Sad all around :)
I think @turtle68 is having video problems :heehee: She will get it right, I'm sure.
I started a thread in the Social Room, Ck. It out......
Thinking of you :friends:
All my Love & Happy Thoughts....
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
The video is very dark and all you can see are green flashing hands. I will post it though as soon as I can get Jim to send it to him. Right now I'm very depressed over our election results and am looking for a new country. Europe is sounding better and better, or maybe Belize or Mexico, although I'd love to live on the East Coast but I don't think I could afford it even if I could take the cold.

You sound very ambitious Carol and Diana, with all the gardeneing there. We have a storm brewing here so, hopefully, we'll get some much needed rain. Not much new with the knee, still giving me fits at time and feels loose. I'm going to get a second opinion next year when I'm on regular Medicare supplement. Diana, I will check out your thread on the Social forum. Have a great day.

Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
@turtle68
I'm sure you will get the video up & running in no time :) I live on the East Coast, what don't
You like about your Election results ?
I am looking at Wells, Maine to retire too. My problem is Jim is older than me, by 10 yrs.
He is 65, I am 55, so while he can retire, I have 10 yrs. left to work. Don't know if we will
Ever leave Massachusetts.....We have lived here all our lives :) Probably will die here too :shocked:
Good points are best Hospitals in the Country 10 min. Ride, Beaches 20 min. Car ride, Mountains
1 hr. Ride to ME. Or NH.
I do vacation in Maine, every year... I can pretend :heehee:
I am glad you are having your knee looked at, It seems like you get around pretty Well.
It was nice to talk to you, Thanks for checking in every once & awhile.
All my Best :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Right now I'm very depressed over our election results

Tell me more. I see Obama is having a hard time. I know he was struggling over health reforms and gun rules. He still has 2 years in office. Can't imagine anybody wins with a President who hasn't the power to do much.

Sorry your Thriller video isn't as clear as you would like. There's more to taking pictures/videos than a lot of people think. A few years back I went on a photography course. I've forgotten a lot, but a few important things have stuck - getting the light right is key. I just bet there is a photography group at Sweetgrass??

Not much new with the knee, still giving me fits at time and feels loose.

Apart from Diana, most of the people who I have messaged on BS have not had particularly successful outcomes. Did you see the update from daughter stalker? She has been diagnosed with a lax/loose knee. She is trying to strengthen muscles to overcome it. What can you say. Its a pain.

I'm off now to see what Diana has been up to in Social Room. H&Bs
 
Hi Carol!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@patient 99
My Dearest Carol,
I miss you :sorry:I hope you are doing well, & your knee is behaving :) I don't
Know if you have Thanksgiving in U.K. But, there is always something to be grateful
For.
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
To you & yours :loveshwr:
My utmost Love & Admiration :friends:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@patient 99
Hello My Cuteness,
Just dropping bye to say I am thinking of you :friends:& to tell you, I still Love you
The mostest :loveshwr:I hope your knee is behaving & getting better every day :)
I am finished with my Xmas shopping & onto my next adventure....I have started
Eating better & walking every day :walking:I will lose this extra 20 lbs. My plan is to
Get off my med's. By living a healthy life. Next, I will save $ 20,000 ( I don't know
What that is in U.K ) I should reach both goals by JUNE or so :happydance:
I hope you are checking in periodically.
I Love you :loveshwr:& think the world of you :roseshwr:
Diana :friends:
 
@new knee in June Hi Diana the American economy is bound to take a dip now that you've finished your xmas shopping <chuckle>. I bought something for xmas - 2 bottles of champagne. They are not gifts. They are for me <chuckle x 2).

I go to see the consultant tomorrow about my knee - can't believe 5 mths have passed since I saw him last. To get the most out of the very expensive consultation I sent him a letter explaining how things are and what I hope to get from the meeting. Not totally sure why I went to this trouble as there is no way I would agree to further surgery. If my knee was worse that would be different, but as its just uncomfortable I don't want to take the risks associated with further surgery - I am a cautious sole.

Eating better & walking every day :walking:I will lose this extra 20 lbs.

I'm pleased you said `eating better'. I firmly believe that diets don't work. It always surprised me when I got on a tread mill at the gym. I'd go flat out for 30 mins and the machine would show that I'd only used 3 calories - OK a bit more but not much. I concluded that whilst exercise was good for keeping me in good working order, when it came to weight loss it was what I put in my mouth that really mattered .

My plan is to
Get off my med's.

What are the meds for? When you have saved your 20.000 dollars what you planning to do with it? I'm hoping its for something wild and wonderful - like crossing the pond to come and see me :loveshwr:.

Whilst I haven't posted much lately, I do check in to see how everyone is doing ( hi @Nana moon 27 @Pumpkln and @tiredwife - Pleased to hear that everyone is improving).

Bye Sweetness, here's hoping you are knee deep in the white stuff. I know how much you love it. xxx
 
@patient 99 Hello! Glad to see you checking in! Hubby is back to work (I think it is week 5 now) and is doing good. In January they have a lot of overtime coming, but he has learned to pace himself and still has some Norco handy if he does overdo it a little.
Much luck with your appointment tomorrow! Can't blame you about not wanting more surgeries. It would be different if they could guarantee the outcome! You have a great day!
 
@patient 99
I am so happy you replied to my post :) Please don't ever leave me for too long :loveshwr:
I will wait on your O.S reply about your knee. I know you hate when I say, just wait a little
Longer, but, I'm hoping it's nothing drastic :beg:All my med's. Are for high B.P & cholesterol
I know with walking everyday & losing # 20 lbs. I will do great :happydance:I have been walking Koda :dogwalk:
Everyday for 45 min. Yesterday I didn't have him & still went out & walked for 40 min.
He is a good influence on me being active :yahoo:
Love,
Forever & Always :friends:
Diana :loveshwr:
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom