TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
@new knee in June


But watch your back..............................


:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Wally the Whip always did have a caring side to him. If he hadn't entered The Profession I think he would have made a good priest - he'd have had to change his name of course. xx C
 
Hi Carol,

I wish I knew why the rehab on one leg is worse than the other. It is the knee that was most damaged by arthritis so perhaps that is it. I just can't wait until it is all behind me.

Can you tell me a bit more about the zinc oxide tape? Does it have to be put on by a physiotherapist or is this something you can do on your own? What is the reason for it? Will it relieve pain? I would love to look at options to reduce the pain without medication....

I know I have to stop comparing this knee to my last knee but it is difficult. At this stage of the last TKR, I was in really good shape and dealing with the pain and was returning to work. Tweedle Dum thinks I should hold off on that a bit longer....:shrug:
 
Lisa, there is nothing special about putting on the zinc oxide tape. You can do it yourself. Just think of it as ordinary tape. The bits I've got on are about 8 inches long. They sit vertically to each side of my knee. But as Chris will point out, while it seems to be helping me it may do nothing for you. I just find that my knee wants supports - hence the elastic sleeve. But the tape is better than the sleeve. There are no fit issues and it doesn't hinder the bend.

You ask if I think the tape relieves pain. Quite honestly I don't know. All I can say is that my knee is so much more comfortable if something is touching it. The tape is the best I've come across in providing touch without the drawbacks of compression sleeves.

Don't rush back to work. The ODIC is full to bursting. x Carol
 
@patient 99
VEGETABLE JOKE for the Day.........July 30, 2014...... :yahoo:
There was a Scarecrow standing in a field. He looked around & all the Vegetables were
Bored.
"We have nothing to do" they said....
The Scarecrow said, "Lettuce Turnip the Beet" :chuckmarch::chuckmarch:3 vegetables in 1 joke :yes!:
:rotfl::rofsign::loll::rotfl::rofsign::loll:
Have a Fantastic Day,
QUEEN DIANA :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I really liked the Lettuce joke Diana. I've made a note of it in my special joke book. Thanks everybody for the happy birthdays - can't believe I'm having another one. When I was 50 I used to look in the mirror and think OH MY GOD. But I am wiser now. I know that what ever it is its the best its going to be - tomorrow it will be worse. (Nothing like a bit of good old negativity). So I put a bit more make up on and sing `Always Look on the Bright side of Life'. Carol

I'm getting a Karcher window cleaner for my birthday - and the sad thing is I am delighted with it.
 
Hi Diana, Like you I would like to lose a few pounds - well 7 to be exact. My weakness is wine and nuts. Every day around 2pm I have two glasses of wine accompanied by mixed nuts (honey coated). The calories must be hugh. From tomorrow I'm going to half the wine and nut intake. I'll let you know how I get on. You've been doing a fair amount of exercise, so what do you put your extra pounds down to - can't be Lobsta Rolls?

Tiredwife, Dorothy, Lisa, Jozilla How is your weight?
 
I need to lose about 15 pounds. I lost 20 with the first knee surgery and I am hoping I do for this one! Just had no appetite at all. I was thin once upon a time.
 
Carol,
Thanks for the feedback, glad my suggestion about proprioception helped.
You need the tape for now, as your native proprioception improves over time, 1 to 2 years, you will no longer need the tape. Sorry it is kinda like recovering from a TKR.
The more information our brain has the better we can move, balance, etc.
:ok:
 
@patient 99
Dearest Carol,
The Queen has some unusual eating habits :yikes: She can go all day not eating just drinking
Coffee :mcoffee: Then around 5:00 pm she will eat a banana before work. Then come 10:00 pm
After work all hell will break loose.... I will eat what should be my supper....a whole meal, right
Before bed :shocked:I will admit your QUEEN is a little portly in the stomach area :heehee:
When you look in the mirror I hope you see a gorgeous creature, a lovely friend, & a caring woman :loveshwr::loveshwr:Because that is how I think of you:friends:
Now, Is this Karcher fellow Scottish, dressed in a Kilt, because if he is. I want one too !!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo:
Give him a feather duster & send him over:dancy:
Have a wonderful time on vacation,
Queen Diana.....:roseshwr:
 
@Pumpkln

Interesting that you say 1-2 years for the tape. I would have thought that after that length of time I would be totally reliant on it - if not physically then mentally. But from what you say that's unlikely to be the case. Thanks again Chris.

I'm off to your thread to catch up. xx Carol
 
I had my thyroid removed and immediately went into menopause. Then just could not lose weight the way I used to! Chocolate is my downfall. I love it. When I had my tkr last December I had no desire to eat chocolate for two months. Very odd for me!
 
Thanks @Pumpkln for the information about proprioceptive. I've been using the k tape and like you, Carol, it really seems to help. I also made an appointment to see OS next week. My knee is still swelling and sometimes it feels like I'm carrying around a jug of water inside my knee. Hopefully, he'll give me a script for PT and I can get a plan to get this knee better.

You asked about weight Carol. I've gained back about 15 lbs of the weight I lost last summer during my Great Depression, but have gone back to weight watchers and have lost 5 with another 5 to go.

I'm going to try the exercise you were talking about. Those kind of things and strengthening the muscles can only help. Have a fantastic holiday and a happy birthday. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
Dearest Queenie, Your eating habits are a little out of the ordinary (only to be expected). The extra pounds are probably more to do with your eating pattern than the amount you eat. Shall we see if we can both be good ie, I cut down on wine and nuts and you spread your food intake over the day? If we embark on this `fibbing' is not allowed.

Sorry to report the Karcher window cleaner isn't Scottish or male. Its a yellow plastic gadget with a rubber end. What's a girl to do.
 
@turtle68 I've never been to weight watchers. Its odd because I like being part of a group. I'm going to see if giving you guys regular updates will keep me on the straight and narrow. x C
 
@patient 99
Dear Carol,
I think it's a great idea to loose weight together & be accountable :) May I suggest
We wait until after your Birthday ? If you want 2 glasses of wine & a handful of nuts, you
Should have them :martini: I agree with @turtle68 W.W on-line is Awesome & does work.
I tried it & lost 20lbs. I was looking at it last night & think I will rejoin :type: My insurance
Will pay the premium start fee, then I will pay $ 18.00 a month. It did force me to eat when
I didn't want to.
@Jozilla
Would it help if I put the alligators in charge of the Chocolate again? :heehee: We have about the same
Amount to loose ( 15-20 lbs )
Carol, Dear, I like my idea for a window cleaner better than a yellow plastic thingy :yes!:
I am Scottish & always had a thing for men in Kilts :wink: :happydance::yahoo:
Off to work Ladies,
Queenie :loveshwr::loveshwr:( AKA ) Diana
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom