TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Highness has been acknowledged! I am so glad that you welcomed me I. The Promise Land!!
 
Kumquart ( come squat ) behind this tree

Diana, ten out of ten for determination. If they don't laugh first time round, give it to them again.:heehee:


Carol will be so happy to read her thread tomorrow.

Jozilla, `happy' doesn't really describe how I feel:wink: It could have something to do with the kumquarts.

Diana/Jozilla Thanks for asking after my knee. I notice several people give their TKRs names. Any ideas for a suitable name for my knee would be welcome. As to how it is. Well lets put it this way I couldn't go on a camping holiday - I'd fall over if I tried to squat. More generally the knee is about the same - rubbish. But I'm not one to end up bitter and twisted by my experience. Everyone knows that's not my style.

Off shopping. When I get home I better have more than one `agree tick'.
Now I have spoken too:bow::bow: And I might even speak AGAIN before the day is out.
 
@patient 99
By my new "Queenie" powers I would suggest the name " Maggie" for your knee :chinstroke:
I don't know why, but it has a certain English Charm. It doesn't rhyme with any Vegetable
I can think of, so you are safe there :heehee: As far as peeing whilst camping, you have to work on your
Balance. May I suggest some 1 legged Yoga to help with that, or perhaps you could walk around
Your house with a book on your head.
I have spoken :bow::bow: Carry On,
QUEEN DIANA....no to be confused with Princess Diana :loveshwr:
 
@turtle68 Hi Dorothy noticed you had dropped by, so thought I would find out how things are in Texas. I bet its hot. I remember you mentioning the heat last year (doesn't time fly). Its nearly my birthday (l August). Nothing changes much. My sister and I are going for a 3 day break to a hotel on the south coast. I've been trying to buy a few glam things which are comfortable - its impossible. I don't know who invented the idea of dressing for dinner. Who wants to eat their evening meal all dressed up. The Australians seem to have the right idea(although I've never been there), but I gather its all shorts and flip flops. Although I wouldn't fancy a barbeque. I'd like to still have a nice starched linen tablecloth and napkins, but sitting in shorts and flip flops:heehee:

How is your knee these days? Any major achievements? Carol
 
I would suggest the name " Maggie" for your knee

Hi Diana, See where you're coming from, but there's nothing about Maggie that is Evil. My knee is all things evil. Black, half dead, mishapen things that crawl about on their bellies, thriving in stink and darkness. I need a name that brings all that together. Got it................... I name my knee Lollipop.

I've just read another post (Campervan) where more than 2 yrs out she is still getting improvements. Its true that Campervan's issues were to do with nerves, so not the same as me, but it still goes to show it can be done.

BTW how are you doing with those few pounds you wanted to lose? Carol.
 
@patient 99
Lollipop is all sweet, fun, & wonderful :flwrysmile:May I suggest A darker name, how about
"Stormy":blackcloud:I like it, Do You ? What did you buy shopping ? My 15 lbs. is still hanging on :bawl:
Thank You for the reminder :hissy:
I hope your knee isn't as bad as you describe it :sad:
Have a great Day,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Carol, it's good to hear from you and, honestly, I was going to check in with you today. Yes, it's very hot here with today being the worst. I ran out to the market for a few things and it really zapped me. We have been enjoying the pool in the evening. As for my knee one reason I haven't posted is that while I try not to dwell on it, last week it was causing me pain and I couldn't manage to walk over 20 minutes, although I did manage to go shopping a couple of days. On Friday I applied the full knee support of the kinesiology tape and it really seems to help. Just babying it along right now as we're off to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks to hang out with the grandkids. We're taking them to the Wisconsin Dells for a few days and also to Galena, Illinois.

Yes, dressing for dinner can be a drag. Are maxi dresses popular in the UK? They're great here in the sub tropical climate. I took several on our cruise and would dress them up at night with a shrug and jewelry. I've really missed talking to you, but have been a little discouraged with the knee. I have a friend here who bilateral and she said she noticed a great difference at two years, so that's encouraging. Are you still doing your walks and PT?

We are enjoying our Sweetgrass lifestyle. Even bought a golf cart and are having fun driving it around the community. Your getaway with your sister sounds like great fun and I'm sure you'll look smashing in whatever you find to wear. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy:flwrysmile:
 
@patient 99
Good Morning Carol,
How are you today ? I hope you are doing well :) The reason I like the name Stormy for
Your knee is......After every storm, there is a Rainbow & I like the comparison :flwrysmile:But, of course
The naming of your Knee is up to you.
Today is my 26th Anniversary.... :happydance:A walk on the Beach & a Lobsta Roll is in order...:yes!:
Jim took the day off from work. After 26 yrs. & 4 kids... ( 27, 25, 23, 20 ) I feel like this :old:
But, I am only 54 so I have a few good miles left in me :heehee:
It was great to hear from Turtle.
Have a Wonderful Day :SUNsmile:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Happy Anniversary Diana. I hope you had a beautiful day!!
 
Diana, Dorothy, Tiredwife, Jozilla Please forgive me for not responding sooner. I've got a few boring jobs to do before my break - never understand why going away increases the workload. Back soon. xx Carol
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol,

How are you?! Just stopping by your thread to say hello and see how you are doing. Did you say your birthday is August 1st? Fun!

Regarding the name for your TKR. I did name mine but don't really use their names. The left one that was done in May is named Pete. The one that was done in July is Repete (like repeat, get it) :heehee: . Now that I have done it and I am experiencing the pain that I am, I could also have called them Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum as the second TKR has been a stupid, dumb experience.

@new knee in June - absolutely love your avatar - it is very fitting. Happy Anniversary! How are you doing? I imagine you are looking forward to camping. My husband and the younger two boys were camping last week and will be going again next month. We tent camp still but did buy a cot a couple of year ago mainly because of my knees. I will get back into it next year.

Hope everyone on the thread is doing well!
:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Diana, Your new avatar is BRILLIANT. Now there's no doubt about who is running things around here:heehee: I wasn't sure about calling my knee Stormy, but when you explained the reasoning, I think its perfect. Diana please meet Stormy. I know you have met before but never officially. Stormy just blushed, he's never met a Queen before. Oh Yes my knee is most definitely a HE, no woman could cause this much trouble.

Hope you have a lovely wedding anniversary. xx Carol

ps: I can't find Lobsta Roll anywhere in the Kama sutra. Stormy wants to know if it can be done with 100 flexion?
:wink:
 
@Pumpkln Hi Chris I just had to tell you. I saw my PT today. I said have you heard of Proprioception. He said yes of course. It really hacked me off. Its as if there is stuff out there to help, but if you don't know what it is nobody tells you.

From there he gave me exercises to improve my proprioceptive ability. He also suggested a cheaper option to kinesiology tape ie, zince oxide tape. He stuck an 8 inch strip (vertically) to each side of my knee, and it was WONDERFUL. It was as if all the foggy messages from TKR to brain were suddenly sharper. Prompted he went on to explain that the downside was that I could start to rely on it, when what I am aiming for is to be `support' free. I will work on that . Strengthening my muscles is the way to go. The tape is much less obtrusive than an elastic sleeve, and of course there's no problem trying to get the right fit. And it doesn't inhibit bend. To say I am pleased, doesn't cut it.

I am back to weight training. The PT thinks that as well as strengthening my knee/leg it will also break down the scar tissue (I didn't get the reasoning behind this, but I've nothing to lose by trying). I strap weights to each ankle. Seated I raise my leg until its straight, hold for 10 and then lower it. I do the same standing, but this time I bend my knee backwards and try and touch my bottom (no chance, but I give it a go).

Don't think you wanted all of this, given what you are going through, but its just my long-winded way of saying Thank You for telling me about Proprioception and the tape. xx Carol
 
@patient 99
Good Morning to My Dear Friend Carol & Stormy,
As my 1st Proclamation as your Queen, I declare August 1, 2014 as a Holiday ( paid ):heehee:
As.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL DAY...... :happydance::yes!::yahoo::wave::roseshwr::yay::friends:
Cheer to a Wonderful Woman :cheers: Full off Wit & Charm, we bow in your presence :bow::bow:
Have a wonderful time with your Sister :martini:
I looked up "Lobsta Roll" in the "Karma Sutra" no reference, so I called our good friend
"Wally, the Whip" he said it is possible with a 100 R.O.M, but watch your back :elevate: :rotfl::rofsign:
 
@turtle68 Hi Dorothy, You mentioned maxi dresses. Yes they are ever so handy. You have to be careful though or they can look as if you've forgotten to take your nighty off:heehee:.

So your knee continues to give you problems too? Dorothy, where did we go wrong? It should be all sorted by now. Anyways you will see from my message to Pumpkln that I am very pleased with the zinc oxide tape (just a cheaper version of kinesiology tape). Let's hope its not just a flash in the pan, and it continues to give me relief.

One exercise you may be interested in to improve messages from knee to brain. You put something on the floor then put your toe next to it. You then close your eyes and try to put your foot back where it was, ie, next to the object. You should get better with practice and the upside is that you are helping to restore spacial awareness messages from leg to brain that were lost during surgery.

Of course you may not have these sorts of problems with your knee, but I find that with mine it responds well to increased touch - hence the tape. And touch is all part of proprioception. xx Carol
 
I got cut off, nobody cuts off the Queen :no-fin: I will be back later with a wonderfully, witty,
Vegetable joke.
Carol,
I'm happy your P.T could help you & the tape is helping. If it makes Stormy happy, I say
Go for it. Can you use it whilst on Vacation ?
Have a wonderful Day,
Queen Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom