Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Really pleased for you Lyn those few months ago when your mind was filled with concern of when will you get better and hey guess what you are all but there. As for paracetamol wt night who of us dont have wee aches and groans at night. Happy for you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay, always nice to hear from you. I am doing okay, thanks so much for asking. Hope you @Ellejay, and everyone had a wonderful Mother's day. With this weather though I had my knee replaced over 1 and 1/2 year ago, my knee is still a bit sore and achy at times. So I say to you if you need a little Tylenol every now and then go for it without any guilt. You deserve it. It is warm and humid and that bothers me with RA and the knee being done. I am so glad you are able to run around with grandson as you are about 5 months out. Good for you @Ellejay!! Do take care of yourself. Hi @SuperSnapper, I am pleased with my knee even though I still have occasionally I still have some discomfort in the op knee, but is par for the course with RA. I really need to exercise everyday. I do the best I can. Wishing everyone a wonderful pain free week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile:FIVE AND A HALF MONTHS AND I'M 'THERE' AT LAST:yes!::yes!:

Hi everyone,
This could well be my last post on this thread- I think, at long last my knee is behaving itself and is fit for purpose. I don't get any more swelling, it no longer hurts at night and I'm not on any medication at all. I am swimming, walking, using the gym, with no ill effects, and the best of all...it bends sufficiently for me to use my road bike at last:biking:.
I am so thrilled to have managed this hurdle, I got to this stage at 4 months with my first knee, and I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to cycle again after the 2nd TKR, but gradually my ROM has improved over the last few weeks, once all the swelling stopped, and I've once again achieved my aim, to get back on my bike!
I realise that there is still lots of healing going on inside, but I'm not noticing it anymore. I have been too impatient this time, expecting it all to go as smoothly as the first one did, it went smoothly, but much more slowly. But the important thing is I got there in the end, and as they say - the knee is in charge!
I have a week old grand daughter, and last week I was able to care for her three year old brother for a week, whilst mum was in hospital. I could be a fun grandma, playing in the woods, chasing in the garden, life with two new knees is brilliant :dancy:.
I would like to say a really big thank you to everyone on this site for all the support and advice I've had over the last 18 months, it has been a real lifesaver at times.:loveshwr:
 
Ellejay,
What a wonderful report, happy to see you have your life back, and can keep up with a three year old toddler, a feat for anyone.
:hiking::biking::swim::walking::running:
 
Happy but sad well done you at times it was tough but the fighter in you won have a great life I'm proud to HV known you
 
That's just so brilliant, Ellejay. It's been a long journey for you but I have enjoyed going along with you for part of it.

Many, many congratulations on your new granddaughter too. How exciting is that!

Brilliant new on the bike too. No holding you back now, Lyn.

xxxxxxxxx
 
You have had such a long journey to get to this point. But I'm so happy things are finally looking normal for you!!! Here's a toast to the good times ahead for you.....:cheers:
 
@Ellejay glad to hear from your comment on my thread that you are doing really well. It's so great to be able to exercise, move freely and enjoy doing just ordinary things without pain. I'm very impressed with your exercise regime. Like you I feel so much fitter and I managed a run too chasing after younger grandson on his bike! It was a great feeling just to be able to do it!
I hadn't thought about flippers but might try them. I really enjoy swimming but am terribly short sighted so plan to buy prescription goggles to help me out. The place we went to in Switzerland had a wellness centre, as they call it and it is really wonderful hence the daily swimming.
Anyway, hope your summer continues well, and you were right, we are so lucky to have had surgery when we did.
Lots of love
Mary xxxxx
 
Hi @Ellejay, I am so glad that things have turned out well for you. What a nice exit speech. I love it. Will look forward to seeing you around on other threads. Take good care of yourself.
 
Hi how have you been? Great thread. Can't wait till I can encourage others to. In earlier threads thanks for helping me find the good ice packs. Best reguards.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Well, I said I might not be back, but.........my knees are so brilliant I've now overdone things, not with my knees, but I've got tendonitis in my foot because I've been doing too much! So guess what - I have to ice and elevate. I smiled when the GP tried to explain how I was to do this, I think I know more about it than he does :rotfl:. I can't believe that just as I am doing so well with my exercise regimen I'm being told to rest again. I spend an hour and a half at the gym 3 times a week, I'm going for long walks 3 or 4 times a week and swimming twice, life is such fun again, I certainly don't want to rest! I'm hoping that ibuprofen and an elastic bandage will help.
Sadly Dad passed away the week before last so I've been very busy with the funeral planning. We had been expecting it for weeks, but it's still very sad and a shock when it actually happens. At least I will be resting whilst I have meetings and phone calls with so many different companies that have to be informed.
I come on here as often as I can to try to keep up with all the good friends I made, but don't often reply now, life is a bit too busy at the moment.
 
So sorry to hear about your Dad, Lyn. You will miss him such a lot.

Great news on the knees but take care with the tendonitis - not nice at all.

Mary xx
 
Sorry about your dad, (hugs). Question is tho will you rest???

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi. Glad your knees is doing alright. Sorry about your dad. And ouch tendinitis sux. Hope your able to get some relief.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hugs and prayers to you and yours on the loss of your dad. My father passed away in March.
 
@Ellejay Lyn, i'm sorry to hear about your Dad. :console2:
I know he hadn't been well for some time, but it's still a shock when it happens.
 
Thank you all for your kind and friendly words, in many ways it was a relief, but sad nevertheless.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom