TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Sheeeeesh I don't know Lyn. Ok turn it around tho we all turn twist in silly ways without thinking and twist strain bits that arent operated on. Its life, I did back in cleaning a fire jumped in air to catch a ball ant tore calf muscle. You will be fine rest a weeee while and try not to go too fast as for natural reactions well it would be like saying dont scratch an itchy nose

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Lyn

I do hope,that you are feeling better, even just a little than yesterday x sending you ((((big hugs)))) x x x

Love Ann x x
 
@Ellejay Thought I'd pop in and ask how you are? Hope the knee is feeling much better now.
We've just had some days away and my PKR behaved really well but then I think I twisted something and it aches when I sit still just over the implant. Oh and it was going so well! Im sure it will pass.
Sending a hug from Yorkshire.
xx
 
Hi @SuperSnapper, thank you for the Yorkshire hug, the best hugs come from there :heehee:. I'm sorry that you have injured your knee, it's definitely two steps forward, one back, even at this stage in our recoveries. I'm pretty sure I tore something inside my knee coming downstairs, (our stairs are very steep with high steps). That was about three weeks ago and it is just getting better now. I'm still doing the hydro exercises, the Pilates and my static bike, but I still cant pedal my road bike - I could at this stage with my first knee so I'm feeling a bit frustrated about that.
Make sure you rest your knee for a while, don't aggravate it more than you have to, I'm sure it will be fine very soon. Xx
@Maggie94 I'm sorry I missed your message, I admit to not using my thread very much these days. Thank you for your well wishes, I hope that you are OK? xx
 
Hi Lyn - I'm glad to hear that your knee is starting to feel better now, sorry you had the bump in the road. Glad to hear that you are still enjoying hydro and pilates!
 
Your knee thing is a wee reminder that as we heal other muscles around the area need rebuilding too. But hey its a daily possibility for most people twist or turn and owww just we have a higher level of observation.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay You are quite right - even at our stage of healing, we can have pains we didn't have before. My knee seems to be improving a bit after icing but keeping an eye on it. Hope your progress keeps up and you will ride your bike eventually but its frustrating for you.
@Legin wise words from you as ever and you are so right about the other muscles needing recovery time too.
 
@SuperSnapper, unfortunately I don't think we will be taking our bikes on our trip to Devizes later this week. I did try my real bike the other day, but my left knee was very painful. The frustrating thing is that I was cycling at this stage with my previous knee replacement, and I thought that took a long time! In an effort to push myself I did too much on my static bike, and all that I achieved is a very cross knee that is obviously very inflamed inside. It is painful at night, and whereas before it was fine in the morning, now, it is still swollen when I wake up and therefore my bend is even worse :boohoo:. I can walk around all day, I can stand in the kitchen baking, as I've done the last few days, but as soon as I want to bend it it doesn't want to know. My husband is going walking today and I've promised myself I will ignore the mountain of ironing and the jobs around the house, I'm going to wrap ice around my knee, get a book and lie with both legs up the wall, my favourite yoga position during recovery, and stay there all morning! Hopefully it will improve things, I'll let you know. Xx
 
As you saiid you did too much. Really sorry you cant take the bikes but have a grand time anyway, - sent from tropical Scotland.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin, I've been watching the weather forecasts and seeing your amazing temperatures - enjoy! xx
 
Oh no! I do feel for you after my anxiety over my knee but It's most likely rest, ice etc that you need again but how totally utterly absolutely naff is that at this stage! I am personally sick of ' listening' to my knees and I am sure you are even more sick of yours. They are like petulant children and we've both seen enough of them in our former careers! :tantrum2::tantrum2:
Wishing you oodles of patience and a quick fix xxxxx But the ice has it for now :ice::ice::ice:

love from Yorkshire xx
 
Hope the better weather is helping both physically and emotionally.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin, warmer, sunny weather certainly lifts the spirits doesn't it.
I spent ages yesterday morning with ice wrapped round my knee and legs up the wall, the swelling did go down a little, so I will continue to do this exercise as often as I can until we go away on Thursdays, but we definitely won't be taking the bikes, which is really disappointing, as that was what I had been working towards doing. As we will be staying on the bank of a canal, a bike would be a good form of transport to use, but it's not to be:sad:.
 
Sorry about that just have to get your hell angel kit on and motorbike it well nifty fifty, aye weather grand im in bad books as q brown.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sorry the knee is not cooperating with biking Lyn but I'm positive you'll have a fantastic vacation regardless. Enjoy your trip - walk without pain and know that next time, you'll be back on the bike!
 
I thought I'd just pop in to say hello and to recount my experience of flying for the first time since the TKRs. It's now nineteen weeks since my second TKR and up until last week it insisted on still swelling for the slightest of reasons, if I walked that bit too far, if I used my exercise bike too much, if I stood too long preparing meals. So I gave in and did nothing for a few days, went back to almost continuous icing and elevation and the swelling seems to be improving.
Today I flew, only for two and a half hours. The flight itself was fine, but security didn't like my knees. I told the man at the desk that I had two replacements, but that my OS had said they shouldn't set the alarms off, the security man said two most definitely would set them off, and they did! So I needed the full body search, even though I wore a skirt so they could see the scars. Luckily we had plenty of time. Now I hope that my knees will let me enjoy three days of sightseeing in Stockholm.
 
Oh @Ellejay I bet you were ever so embarrassed. Please enjoy your break. It's lovely to hear how you are moving on.

How did your knees react to the flight itself? I know you were having a problem before you went to Devizes.
Catch up with you when you get back. Great to know you got there ok. I would have been mortified with a full body search!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom