Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Yes sad but he will live on in your mind and relating the good times to your grandchildren. My parents are quoted by my daughters many times from stories I tell. Its also wee things my wife's grandson is more than happy to call me pops very frequently. Pops was what my dad was to my girls. Big hugs to you lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sorry about your dad. It's hard even when it's expected. Give that foot some tlc. As you said, you know the drill. :)
 
Sorry to hear of your dads passing. Sending you love and hugs ( a little late I'm sorry)
Xsusanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
Seven and a half months and all is EXTREMELY well!

I just had to tell you all how well both of my knees are doing, I'm so thrilled. A couple of weeks ago I was walking along the cliffs along the south coast, about four hours walking, including all the 'ups and downs' ........
[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second


Now I'm 'up North' in the Peak District and the other day did a long ridge walk, again for about four hours, up and down hills.....

[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second



My knees are absolutely brilliant, not even a twinge afterwards, no stiffness, no pain, I am so happy.
To all of you in the 'dark days' don't despair, it really is all worth it, just take all the advice on here, don't overdo things, don't do too many exercises, do ice and elevate and hopefully your recovery will be as good as mine.
Good luck everyone.
 
@Ellejay hi Lyn, lovely to hear how well you are getting on. It seems such a long time since we were on here sharing experiences and support. I am so glad you are doing very well and enjoying life to the full. Well done!

Mary x
 
Tut up North indeed...........
You took on a few battles with your knees lass but my wasn't it worth it. Really pleased for you and your reclaimed life

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good to hear your knees are doing so well, Lyn, @Ellejay . :happydance::yay::yes!:

Thank you for posting this encouraging report.
That's what knee replacements should be all about - giving you back the life you want and the ability to do the things you love.
 
The pictures are breathtaking. Wow that's some hike. I would need an oxygen tank and maybe a husky and sled. Exhausted just thinking about what you've accomplished you must be so proud ❤️❤️
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @susanne, I'm sorry not to have replied before, I never think to look on my thread these days and I didn't get an alert for some reason. I am really lucky to have made such a good recovery both times and I thank God daily for my new mobility and freedom. I do hope that you are well and are making good progress, but I realise that life with RA must be very difficult.
 
My recovery continues to go well so I have booked my first horse riding session for Friday morning, I haven't ridden for years as my knees were just so painful, but I now feel that I have the muscle strength back so here I go. My husband thinks I'm mad, but he has never ridden and just doesn't understand. I'm off to France on Sunday for a seven week trip and I'm hoping to ride whilst there, but I wanted to practice here first to make sure I can do it....wish me luck :horseriding:
 
@Ellejay Have a good time at the riding session. And also have a wonderful trip to France. I hope you have some great weather and are really able to enjoy yourself fully this time.
My knee is great too but I have had a few twinges in the other one - first time for ages so am ignoring them at the moment :egypdance: Let us know how the holiday was when you return.

Mary
 
Hi Lyn

Wow what a lovely thread to come and read. The positivity bursts out of it. I love the pics and the fact that you can walk those distances. Well done I am absolutely thrilled to bits for you x can't wait til I post like that!

Hope the horse riding goes well. That's so exciting xx once again so lovely to hear from you
And have a wonderful holiday x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
See lass all those times you were so fed up and just couldn't go on, and look at you now... Riding along on my push bike when I noticed you. Bet that song sticks in head now.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
It is so lovely to hear from you all, thank you so much for popping in. I do feel guilty that I don't get on here much these days to support others, to be perfectly honest, now life is so normal again I just don't get time. My son and family have been living with us for 6 weeks while their house is being renovated and I seem to be having more or less sole care of my grandson while my DiL cares for the baby. I'm not complaining...but.... thank goodness for new knees! Trying to pack for a seven week trip with a three year olds help is not recommended.
@SuperSnapper,
sorry to hear of twinges in your other knee, I hope you can ignore them for a long time yet. I may soon be joining you on the 'other joints' thread, X rays have shown severe OA in my big toe joint, and it is affecting the way I walk :gaah:.
@Legin
I haven't fully caught up with your thread, but I gather you are working again, I hope that is all going well.
@Nana moon 27
What's this I read about you doing too much- surely not :heehee:? Your possible trip to Austria sounds wonderful, I so hope you can go.
I'll try to report back on Friday after my ride, if I don't ache all over, but then I probably won't be back for a while as we will be touring around France. I intend to cycle, swim, walk, row, take part in yoga sessions, ride - all the things I couldn't do this time last year.
 
I not only survived my riding session but absolutely loved it! Both knees were fine, my muscles were strong enough and I don't ache today, so all in all a really good result, I'm thrilled.
It's probably five years since I first went to see my doctor with the beginnings of arthritis, 19 months since my first TKR & 9 months since my second,and now it is all over, I'm back to normal.
To all of you just starting the journey and wondering if you've done the right thing - you absolutely have, yes it takes a while, and it's a painful process, but to have your life back again is just wonderful.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Ellejay sorry to hear about your big toe joint. My hand is becoming a nuisance too! What a pair we are!
Hope the holiday is going really well for you Keep in touch xx
 
Bonjour mon amis. Sounds like you are having a hoot. You go girl, where about in France are you visiting the odd winery or two, hic.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin sorry I'm so late replying, this holiday is exhausting!:rotfl: I'm swimming, walking, cycling, taking part in aqua gym sessions, yoga sessions (yes - yoga!) there doesn't seem to be anything these new knees of mine can't do. We are on the western Atlantic Coast, in the Vendée, not such a great wine area, but there's lots of it on the supermarket shelves :heehee: and I'm doing my best to try them all. I hope you are keeping well, how is work going?
 
Whoot I love that area humongous sand dunes. I also spent a brilliant six months in Bordeaux and plenty of time just over the border. Shell fish and a nice wee bottle of Rose mmmmmmm. Oooops I'm off again, cough, cough. Sounds like you have grabbed life with both hands lass I'm smiling as I type, keep on truckin lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom