Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

I so agree, we had a lovely time yesterday afternoon looking through all the photo books I've made. I make one up for each year, or for special events or big holidays. We had a wonderful time with our memories (and yes, I know it was his way of making me sit down :heehee:).
 
I know it must be equal parts wonderful and frustrating to have him be so concerned! I thought my gung-ho husband would be nudging me to do more, more, more but the exact opposite is true - he would love it if I simply never left the chair (except to feed the dogs, he really hates doing that!).

Last night I had him put the bike on the trainer so that I could try it and I thought he was going to pass out as I figured out how to get on! He simply couldn't deal but now that I know I can get on with no problems, I will do it when he isn't here. Men are funny!
 
@Legin, where is your new Avatar? I love all the blue, it says 'SUMMER'.
I've just escaped my cotton wool, but behaved as well. I walked to the station, caught the train to the nearest town, went to the cinema for an afternoon showing (on my own, my husband didn't want to see the film and all my usual film companions were busy), repeated the journey in reverse to get home. So a walk, a sit then another walk - surely that will be ok with my knee, surely it will behave tonight? By the way, I saw The Imitation Game, another great film.
 
Its the River Tay Perth I love it there you can get right down at one point and when its high tide and been raining in the hills the water is amazing. The greenery off in distance is an island with a golf course on it. When I had my business the unit was just along from there and im sure the trip will be fine on knee

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay

I've really enjoyed reading through your posts on here. They're lovely. I love the picture of France. It looks very beautiful x you are so brave being able to go out like that. I so admire you. Well done Lyn xxx ((((hugs)))) x
 
Thank you @Nana moon 27, I've had a bit of a frustrating week, at very nearly ten weeks you would think I'd be off and enjoying life, but whenever I try to do something new my newest knee complains, and always in the middle of the night. I will get there eventually. I hope you are OK and your TKR knee is continuing to do well. xxx
 
Hi Lyn, haven't been on the site for a couple of days, had no after effects from the theatre episode thanks, had a lovely day in Norfolk with my friends, I sat on the back seat with some ice on my knee, we went out to lunch and had a good catch up, my knee felt the best it has for a couple of weeks so I guess that proves that I am doing too much as I have not had such a good day with it since, I have told Ron that I am handing the dogs over to him for a week when he gets back on Saturday, and that I need him to help getting dinner and doing housework as I have slipped back into doing it all, and, as you know I have gone back to work albeit that I sit down all the time but that makes it still, I can't say I am in a lot of pain but it gets very tight, swollen and achy, I have been taking a couple of Co-codamol every night so getting a really good nights sleep, in fact I went and got my breakfast this morning then went back to bed to do some work, did not get up until 11.00, how decadent!!!!


Glad to hear you finally got to go to the pool and exercise, and that you managed your trip to the cinema without incident.

@Legin, your Avatar looks wonderful, how lucky to have so much wonderful scenery around you

Take care

Sue xx
 
Hi Sue,
That's not decadent, it's sensible. On days when I don't have anything on in the morning I too stay there until eleven. And I still get my breakfast in bed. I am back to preparing lunch and dinner, but that is all, I still don't clean, I haven't even done any laundry yet - now that's decadent! :heehee:
 
@Ellejay. Make the most of the mornings and breakfasts in bed. Now my knee is feeling good , they are a thing of the past.
Great news on your solo outing. BTW. Another step( excuse the pun) in the right direction.

On another point, I complained that my knee was sore and then realised it was the unoperated knee! Hmmmmmnn.

It's got to last me at least another two years. Don't want to have surgery any earlier.


Have a lovely day x
 
Staying quiet @Legin - that's a first :heehee:. Have my sluggish ways totally disgusted you and you want nothing more to do with such a lazy individual?
 
@SuperSnapper, hopefully your other knee was just a twinge, now your TKR is fully supporting itself and isn't giving the other one extra work it might get you through. Mine was just bad timing, when the right was still healing, the left was already failing, but because it was doing the work of two for a while it gave up completely.
I know I'm being a bit lazy, but I do enjoy my breakfast in bed, long may it continue :heehee:. It didn't happen this morning, I'm up early to meet a roof repair man at Dads bungalow, the conservatory is leaking.
I hope you have a good day. xx
 
Noooooooooooooooo you know my thoughts on actually resting. Sheeeeeesh you lazy aye right and im off for a perm. Oh @SuperSnapper if you want that knee to last that long then you may consider slowing down just a tad. I said same about other hip but its going to be a struggle. I hid this hip for 18 months but now will openly state it was agony each shift I would do av 25000 footfalls almost same amount of ows all be it in my head.
Ok going back to state of quietness well nearly ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay, I hope you get on with the repairman ok. Good luck with that x x x

Oh my @Legin you're in good form this morning. That avatar with all the blue is so therapeutic. I look at it and imagine walking along it. Heavenly x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Legin the knee is already shot , cysts in bone showed up on MRI and microfractures don't last forever. I think I can keep it going by strengthening the quads etc but not for too long. Whatever , the excercise will do me good. Slow down! I know what you mean but a lot going on at the mo. I'm not doing anything silly, really.
Nice avatar too but pictures of you with a perm would be interesting!

@Ellejay I think my right knee has been feeling the strain. It's the medial compartment area again. However, I intend to keep on going. I've been promised cortisone shots if I need them but muddling through so far so good. Surgeon seems to think two more years yet in it but these things can suddenly deteriorate as my left knee did last summer. Fingers crossed.

Hope you two are both ok? I've just been into Leeds on the train shopping and lunch again but knackered now so tucked up for a nice snooze. I think I need a day in bed tomorrow. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
 
So would a picture of Hartlepool winning champions league. Sorry snaperoo spoke without full knowledge forgive a numpty.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ty snaperoo undeserved tho.
Lyn hope your workmen fixed the conservatory. Is this to be a tazmanian devil weekend again. Chortling hv pic of taz in my head and raspberry finish.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I love the picture in your head, but I intend to be good this weekend @Legin.
The guy who I thought was just coming to look at the conservatory roof was fantastic, he said he could do it in an hour, would that be ok, so I agreed, three hours later :yawn: he had done a fantastic job. I sorted some of Dads things. Filled a few bags to go to charity shops, made piles of old towels to take to the Dogs Trust. I feel we should put the bungalow on the market once spring gets here, dad will never return to it, it's costing money in rates and taxes and deteriorating, and the care home is nearly £2500 a month. Unfortunately my sister doesn't agree. Watch this space.
I'm going to have a restful weekend, although I will resume all my Pilates/yoga and bike exercises at home
(& I might make some marmalade this morning) who said that?
I'm having grandson for a couple of days this week to give his pregnant mum a break, so I need to be able to be fit enough for that!
Have a good weekend everyone, xxx
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom