Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Marmalade! Shocking! So your kitchen might be a sticky mess soon. :heehee:

We had a similar dilemma with Aunt's flat when she went into a care home but let it out in the end. Seems to be working ok. We were lucky to get good tenants and they pay the rent on time. It's sad to have to make these decisions. But Aunt wasn't safe to live there on her own anymore after a stroke and her memory was failing badly. She's settled really well into a lovely care home now so it was the right thing. She didn't want to sell the flat so it was a compromise. I think if it becomes time consuming or a problem later, it will be sold then if brother in law agrees.
 
It is heart wrenching decision but when it work's it is for best. Marmers mmmmmmmmm but then dundee is the place for that 25mins from me

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I smell marmalade. Yummmmmy x x @Legin Dundee thick cut marmalade is awesome x
Hi @Ellejay I hope your knees leaving you alone for a while.

I hope that you are keeping well x

Love Annx x
 
Hmm hope you are ok lass. So is Dundee cake too.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Elejay hi Lyn I hope you are ok. Anyway take care x

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin, I'm ok, hurting a bit, trying to be good, doing very little, but still hurting, hopefully this toddler knee will sort itself out soon.
How are you doing?
Xxx
 
Sorry to hear you are in pain. My knee is still hurting a bit after overdoing it last week. Living in hope ...

Mary x
 
Wont even tut or give the look just rest lass. Me aye im fine. Take care
 
Sorry you're in pain Lyn - speaking of toddlers, are you watching your grandson?
 
Hi @TexasTee, I don't have him at the moment, but will have for a few days at the end of the week, so I'm resting at the moment.
Last night I resorted to some painkillers, I haven't had any for a while, but my knee hurts so much during the night, and then the ache lasts intoduring the daytime. I wake up with the feeling my knee us the size of a melon, it's not, but just feels like it. I'm going to see the PT as soon as I can get an appointment, hopefully a massage will help.
@Legin, I hope you've got the same sunny day I've woken up to, it's gorgeous, just asking to be walked in.

I'm actually sitting in the public library today, demonstrating patchwork...he he...me! My patchwork quilt hasn't grown during two TKR recoveries, so when will it ever get finished? And they ask me to demonstrate, I thought that was hilarious, but I'll do it, at least I'm sitting somewhere different.
 
@SuperSnapper I hope resting this week helps. I'm getting very tired of this one step forward, one (or even two) back. In theory, I would be back at work next week, but there is no way I could do it, I'm just not sleeping enough. Have a good week, xxx
 
Icky here dark clouds rolling down the glen swept along by squally winds. Glad you are at least sitting and know the frustration of not enough hours sleep only had a few myself. Going to see consultant at hostipital and the head honcho physio tomorrow. Last time I saw her she had my bott by her thigh and crook of knee on shoulder. I said oooooooooo matron, then she scrunched forward as I had to as well it most certainly shut me up. Yes tiz possible. Take care

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay Know exactly what you mean. I was going along swimmingly until last Friday. Since then odd pains in back of my knee and a bit stiffer than usual. I've taken it easy for 3 days and I think it's improving but not back to pre Friday. Oh well. Work would have been a nightmare - as my knee still objects if I stand for too long. Let's be glad we don't have to.

Got my new car last week and have the girls today so we are going out for lunch - Ive worked out activities where I don't have to do much. There's a place for kids to paint plates, etc which get fired after. So Im hoping they will like that. Then Pizza Express probably. Apparently their dad says they've had a busy weekend so it might be wall to wall tv this afternoon! Bad Grandma!

Hope your day isn't too boring for you. Have you run out of stuff to do yet or are you reduced to mindless tv?

@Legin I don't believe even the consultant could shut you up. Seriously, what are you hoping for from your appointment tomorrow? I wish you well. Squally winds don't sound a lot of fun. It's lovely and bright here. Mr P is out with Ramblers and has taken number one son so that's why I am childminding. I can see total knackeration by tonight for all concerned but it's half term so no German class.

Auf wiedersehen!
 
Oh im cut to the core. Its actually easy to stop me talking. A few yrs ago they ran a sweepstake at the pub how quickly I would blush. I walked in suddenly 3 ladies draped around me. Colin won 17 seconds I lasted. Thst was a omg matron.
Its follow up after neurophysiology assessment. Also he wants to check other hip. I think head physio wants to do assessment with silly foot. Also saw GP yesterday and she edoodahd him as she has refered me for vascular assessment as leg is still swollen very purple and foot is colder than iceberg. She also couldnt find a pulse in main artery. Yes I was quiet then as its in groin area. Its me the automated BP machines never work on me had scan on brain and machine broke. After car crash the strapped me up to do heart thing instead of beep beep beeep it went beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. I hope you get some good news for a change from your appointment tomorrow. This has obviously been going on much too long now. Sending you a hug from sunny Yorkshire.
 
Awwwww ty snaperooooo as has been well documented. Im a HUGAHOLIC. I will be fine, paragliding of molehills before you know it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm so sorry you've been uncomfortable with the pain. I hope your physio appointment comes through soon. Will it be the same one as before?

It's the most beautiful day here, I want to wrap up warm and go in the garden but I can't until the meds have kicked in otherwise the movement makes me vomit. Not pleasant. I take my meds and then don't move. I'm sure this has something to do with my stomach. The other week I only took my antibiotic and two paracetamol, I have to take them at least half hour before the rest of my meds or food. My other meds have to be taken with or after food. Well I decided to wash my hair using the really powerful shower hose that's attached to it. I bent over the side of the bath. Washed and conditioned my hair. Wrapped it into a towel and then whammy I was violently sick. This also happens if I try to do household chores after taking those as well. I have to sit and let them go down and kick in. Yuk!

I'm glad your doing your doing your patchwork and how lovely that you're demonstrating it as well. I wish my area had stuff going on. I've been invited by Vic (a neighbour) who's in his eighties to join their free Tai Chi class in the barn at the Country Park next to where I live. I thanked him but declined. I wouldn't be able to stand long enough. He also invite me to go to Birmingham Botanical Gardens, he's a member of the Bonsai club there, again I've had to decline but did say maybe I would go one day, when my knee was better! He is a lovely man. His wife went through what I did, even the depression. Then one day in the early hours of the morning she fell downstairs. That's very easy to do if your disorientated. The bedrooms have a very small landing and then there's the stairs. Anyway, the poor lady passed away and he was lost x

I'm rambling sorry Lyn. Have a great day.

Love Ann x x
 
Hi everyone,thanks for all your kind messages, I'm sorry I won't reply to each and every one of you now, it's been a tough day. I got a call from the care home this afternoon, Dad is seriously ill again, there is nothing that can be done, his kidneys have just about packed up. I had to decide whether to let him go to A&E in an ambulance, be bumped around (any movement hurts him), wait around in a totally confused state, for treatment that can't actually help him, or, stay in the home, comfortable, pain free, but with no treatment, other than the antibiotics he is on anyway, until the inevitable happens. Obviously I decided to keep him in the home, and now I am just waiting for the phone call from them telling me it's all over. It may still take a long while, he was sitting, eating pancakes when I left and seemed to be very cheerful and chirpy and we had lots of laughs. He does keep bouncing back, so who knows? It is really horrid, just getting used to the idea that he is going to be around for a while and then getting that phone call again.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom