Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

@SuperSnapper :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:, no, coffee with @suedobie wasn't painful at all!
Sorry, seriously now, yes, the day after my floor contortions my upper body really complained. My daughter was worried when I reached out to take something from her my whole arm was shaking. Today all is fine again.
Glad to know you can drive now, it really makes a difference to getting back to normal.
Are you snowed in? I've just watched the news and it looks as if it's bad 'oop North'
 
I've just been on a very muddy but beautiful forty minute country walk, on slippery and uneven footpaths. It's the furthest I've been able to walk, and off of pavements and Tarmac. Today is a good day!
 
not snowed in but it keeps trying to settle. So far it's just unpleasant and very cold. Bring on the spring.

Mr P grows veg and we have seeds sprouting all over the house. It's a promising sign of better weather to come.

Well done with the walk. It's very satisfying to get out and be like everyone else.
:yes!::yes!::yes!::yes!:
 
nice words Lyn, it's so cold today, hope we don't get any snow!! just seen that you have been for a walk, well done you, gives you a lift doesn't it, good for the mind and body

Hi Legin, just noticed you have two dogs in your avatar now, are they both yours?
xx
 
Yup both mine rescue dogs wee one is 14 and.like a pup.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Arrrr how sweet, I lost my rescue dog last year, only supposed to foster him 3 days but 14 years later he was still around, best behaved dog I have ever owned.
 
My poor knee, it joined ODIC today and it just wasn't my fault! I had to take my Dad to what I believed was a short hospital appointment, we ended up there for over six hours! My knee was so uncomfortable,but there was nothing I could do about it. They have ended up admitting him so he is far worse off than me, but I was so pleased to get back to some ice and elevation.
 
Hi Lyn, so sorry to hear about your dad, we were only talking about him on Wednesday, I hope its not too serious and he makes a speedy recovery, your poor knee although you did not do anything excessive, sitting around for 6 hours would be so uncomfortable, hopefully the ice will make it feel a bit better
xx
 
Thank you Sue. Unfortunately he is nearly 92, his heart, thyroid, kidneys and lungs are all causing concern, but he is still very alert and making his odd jokes, so I was shocked when the doctor said they wouldn't resuscitate if the worst happened. They have said they want him in for 4 or 5 days, hopefully he will return to his care home after that. It's unfortunate it's the same hospital my mum died in, The Lister, so it's bringing back bad memories.
I hope you, Ron and the dogs have a good weekend xxxx Lyn
 
Sorry pal.about your dad and.so understand.the.same.hospital thing. Its difficult to stay strong when inside you.are an unset jelly. Hold onto his.odd jokes oooer like.mine. Here for you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's very difficult at this stage. My father in law is 95. Last year he had a dreadful period of illness but rallied and is back at home , looking after himself but my husband finds it very hard when he gets ill as he seems to go from one crisi to another, everything is wearing out. Your dad sounds very like him: Dad is always cheerful and joking. But it's hard for you too.
Hoping tomorrow is better and you can have some rest.
Mary x
 
Hi Lyn

I am so sorry that your dad's has had to be admitted in to hospital and your knees in the ODIC. Six hours on those dreadful chairs in A & E, would be enough for someone with normal knees, let alone with a recent replacement like you. I hope that the ice, elevation and pain meds kick in quickly for you and you get some sleep.

We are all here for you @Ellejay all my love to you
Ann x x x x
 
Thanks Ann, I've been off all painkillers for the last few days, but I've taken some tonight, I'm wrapping my knee in ice and hoping I sleep now. I hope you are ok, chat tomorrow xxxx
 
Thank you @SuperSnapper, yes it is hard, but then we are lucky to have these very loved people with us longer than others do. His father went on to 99, which in those days wasn't at all bad. I will have to wait and see what happens now.
Night night xxxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom