Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Glad you went to gp sleep is v important in.this unpredictable process. Good luck with physio. Hmmmmmm at snaperooooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh no @SuperSnapper, I'm sorry, but you've made me think, after our trip out yesterday I was sitting at my computer for quite a while, (but my leg was elevated), and then sitting in the restaurant last night, maybe that's why I was still in pain last night, even with the Co-codamol. It seems strange to think that sitting is almost as bad for us as too much activity. We are off to the theatre tonight, I've booked seats where I can stretch my leg, but I think I will take my ice.
 
Good idea oooooo theatre love theatre in.fact most.live things. Daughter is an accomplished amateur thespian. What are you going to.see

Legin THR Sep 14
 
This is an amateur production, but we often go to this theatre as they are more professional than some of the big places. They do a production for eight days once every couple of months, from Shakespeare to Kafka, musicals and comedies. They've put on some wonderful Alan Aykbourn plays. Tonight we are seeing The Ladykillers, one of the old Ealing Comedies. We should get a good laugh. The whole run has sold out completely, so we are not the only ones to like this company.
 
Brill film and script you should get a.good chortle or two. I'm.jealous ooooooer turning green. Ooooooops must.stop.swaying.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm just preparing myself for a visit from a neighbour. She is hard work, and is always ten time worse off than you are. I always remember her bemoaning her lot, when her cleaner left her - she was at home full time and I was balancing a full time job and children and doing all my own cleaning. I know she has been to the dentist lately, so I suppose that will have been far worse than my TKR :rotfl:. I will try to be polite, and on my best behaviour.
 
Oh noooi chortle well they do all work without painrelief now and disslocate jaw whilst you are sitting on hot coals. Thought you knew that sheeeesh. As in.dentist. goood luck I hv neighbour like that tooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good Morning Lyn, I really hope you had a better nights sleep, I did wonder if you would be prescribed Co-cocodamol, before I had the Tramadol I found some Co-codamol in the draw and they enabled me to have the first real nights sleep.

Next Wednesday would be perfect for me, I am baby sitting Elsie again today, I arrived just after the pooey nappy this morning which was a stroke of luck and now she is sleeping :angel:

Sue xx
 
@Ellejay Better today? I feel ok , leg a bit achy. I was going out with friends for lunch but snowing here and icy so being a wimp.
Sitting is just as bad as standing for too long, I agree. I did try and flex and stretch during my two hour German class and we had a walk to the cafeteria but I'm still a tad achy today. Nothing that a rest won't sort out though.

Your bit about your neighbour made me smile . I had a neighbour once who always used to ask how much things cost and then point out how much cheaper she could have bought them at x, y and z places! I've spent a few conversations grimacing through gritted teeth at her comments.

Enjoy your theatre outing after the session with your neighbour you will need some light relief!

If the visit gets too much, show her a TKR op video from YouTube. That should give her pause for thought!

Mary x
 
My neighbour wasn't too bad after all, but her recent head cold was obviously much worse to put up with than my bad knee :heehee:, but I mustn't complain, it was nice of her to call in.
I've just returned from my physio appointment and guess what......she says I'm doing too much....me, doing too much????? :thud:. She says I'm being too impatient, gave me a gentle telling off and said to remember it's still very early and there was still a lot of internal inflammation. Now I wonder where I've read that? She spent ages massaging my IT band and hamstring and I had some ultra sound treatment. She did say my gait has improved, all the one legged teeth cleaning has obviously paid off, I have lost my waddle! So I've got to continue with the exercises she gave me last time, but not overdo it, so when I see her in two weeks I shouldn't be in pain at night time, fingers crossed.
 
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm told ya soooooo but still doing well just take it easy have a cadburys caramel

Legin THR Sep 14
 
See im see thru well errrrr. Just take care ok you are too close to mess things up you know what i mean
 
@Ellejay Never argue with Nigel! People keep saying to me, "You must have done loads of exercise to recover so quickly." Nope! Your physio sounds great nearly as lovely as my one. Great news on the waddle too.

Remember to take it easy :rotfl::rofsign:
 
Yes, that's the trouble, I did this last time, I was really good until I could move more, then it was as if I HAD to move more, I was constantly in ODIC, you'd think I'd learn!
We've just returned from our trip to our little theatre, once again we weren't disappointed, it was so good. I have lots of respect for these people who hold down day time jobs and manage all the learning of lines, rehearsals and then a production every evening for eight nights. I certainly couldn't do it.
I'm off to bed, :mcoffee: medication - tick, ice- tick, let's see if I can sleep tonight :yawn:.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad theatre was good I'm envious. Now you have talked the talk will you walk.the.walk re ODIC. As long as walk isn't the plank hey. Take care rest and slow down.a.tad. Hello Mr Wall am I talking.to you.or .............

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Back
Top Bottom