TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Congrats on the independence Sue, that's good news. I absolutely adore my husband, but if am looking forward to a trip out on my own
@Legin, you could be right about Les, I'm not sure.
 
Thanks @SuperSnapper, even if we think it is, it's good to be told everything is OK.
The OS thought I was cutting out painkillers too early, and suggested I moved onto a paracetamol/ codeine combination. I think I might just return to the paracetamol, it worked. It's a shame though, I've been sleeping so well since I stopped all painkillers at bed time, but I am in pain when I wake up.
 
Hmmmm you said it all - pain - but well done.you. Just remember pain isn't a thing you have.to put.up with. Oooooooooer I'm a.pain in.the errrrrrrr.ear

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Never @Legin!
I did take paracetamol before bed last night, but they didn't work, I had a really bad night. I decided to go to the pharmacy to see what I can buy over the counter, when I thought I would just look to see when the next GP appointment would be (we can book online). If I hadn't been in bed already I would have fallen over backwards! There is one for this afternoon! The next one isn't for another week, so I'm afraid our birthday lunch for my husband might have to become birthday dinner, I'm accepting this appointment!
 
Yes lass its for the.best. Hubbers seems a fine man.so.will understand. I'm.sure you will be ok just possibly jumped back into normalcy with.toooo much vigor. I hope drs goes ok will be thinking of you.
here's hoping.that precious thing sleep doesn't pass you by.tonight you.are a.very.good.person.and.deserve a.break errrrr as in.rest not snap that wouldn't be nice.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay these knees! Just when you feel ok , they slap you round the ear! Now there's a position you shouldn't try to get into yet! Hope the GP visit sorts you out, although it could have been just a bad night after all the excitement of yesterday and your weekend!
Anyway, wishing you a better day and night today

Mary x
 
Thanks @SuperSnapper, you are so right, you think you've just got it cracked and it all changes all over again.
I think you are probably right @Legin, I know I'm pulling at the leash to get back to normal.
How is you FiL, any further news?
 
Chortle hmmmmm ok you can.be.manager. I.will try the splits first oooooooer

Legin THR Sep 14
 
He seems better ish is taking his fortified drinks. Was soooooio taken.aback motherinlaw rang and.thanked me as he was doing.things better. I.sort of stumbled it was a not blood relative thing so.he took more notice.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, you are the good person, without fail you make me laugh out loud at something you say each day, and yet you have such troubles yourself. I admit to not understanding much of what you said at first, in the early days of your posts, but I'm learning fast. You are one of the most supportive people on here at the moment and I for one really appreciate all your kind (&funny) comments.
 
Oh errrrrr sheeeeeeesh errrr dagnabit made this.silly old numpty go misty. Ty but I'm just me a fave that belongs on.the radio and follow simple values as complicated confudles me. I thank you.but there are.sooooo many.other.supportive people here including your good.self

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Morning Lyn, so sorry to read you had a bad night, hope the doc sort you out with something stronger

I'm not getting any pain at night but do wake up sometimes and not able to get my leg into a comfortable position for a while, bit like restless leg syndrome.

Been out with the dogs on my own again this morning, drove to the field, very cold but I was well wrapped up and the ground was solid so took it very careful, feel like I have been let of my lead:loll:

Let me know if you would still like to meet at Van Hage's sometime

Moring Legin you old softie

Sue xx
 
Just making sure your ok ellijay.

I know I'm guilty of saying I'm ok but I'm really not.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Thanks @Angel1978, yes, I'm OK, I admit to being a bit shocked at the amount of pain last night. I suppose it's because I've been up and about more.
I was really lucky, got an appointment with the GP this afternoon, she has prescribed Co-codamol to take at bed time, hopefully tonight will be better.
I've had a great day, we went to St.Albans this morning, we wanted to see an exhibition in the Abbey. We had a snack lunch in the refectory there, then stopped off at a garden centre for a cup of tea on the way home. It all involved a fair bit of walking and my knee held up very well, it was a bit stiff when I got home, so I iced and elevated for a while. We've just returned home from a restaurant, at least my husband didn't have to cook today, on his birthday, apart from the porridge this morning.
I have a physio session tomorrow, hopefully she will be pleased with my gait, I've tried really hard to lose the waddle she said I had.
@suedobie, I'm glad you had another walk with your dogs, the weather today has been so beautiful. The independence of driving again is so good isn't it? Yes, I'm certainly up for an outing to Van Hage, it would be really good to chat face to face. Wednesdays are good for me as my husband goes walking every Wednesday morning, but I can do any day really, when would suit you?
 
I've overdone it today! It's my turn! The German class was fun, the teacher is great and the other people are lovely but sitting down at a table for two hours after a busy day means I've taken paracetamol for the first time in a while. Oh well, lessons keep being learnt. It will be better tomorrow.
Glad Mr Ellejay's birthday was fine. Hope you get lots of sleep tonight.
Mary x
 
Back
Top Bottom