TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi @Ellejay I've been reading your thread. Good work on the recovery front...congratulations. Soon you will be soooooo good with your 2 new knees.
@TexasTee and I are a day apart (we think this is right factoring time zones) and both of us are avid readers and info collectors.... always looking for inspiration to firstly get to k-day and for recovery after. So thank you for being candid about your journey. Please know that this is helping others. Cheers for now, Maggie x
 
Now i didnt go to a themed fancy dress party for superheros dressed as oooopsieman for nought tha knows
 
@Maggie94, what a friendly post. I'm glad my thread has been of some help, if there is anything I can help with before or after your operation please do contact me. Lyn xx
 
@Yorkshiregal54 - great to hear from you, you look very well, (pic on Nana moons thread) retirement is obviously suiting you. That is such good news about your Mum, it's great that you can spend time together. How is your new home? Did you have to get rid of lots of things? I am one of life's hoarders, I can't imagine downsizing. Yes, I was upset when both my children left home, but only for five minutes, until I realised I had another spare room each time :heehee:.
You sound very busy, and are obviously enjoying life, it's a shame about your shoulder though, is there a forum for shoulders?
I celebrated my Akneeversary last week, but it sort of got overlooked as I had my second knee replaced six weeks ago. So far all is going well, totally different to the first one, but still well. I'm seeing my OS tomorrow and then I will be able to drive at last.
Take care, good to hear from you, Lyn xxx
 
Hey ya. Was thinking of you. How are you doing?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Six week OS check up today. I'm pretty sure he will say all is well and totally discharge me, which seems so early to be abandoned. My GP is no expert on knee replacements, so thank goodness for Bone Smart, and all the people on here who can answer questions and put my mind at rest should I need advice. I've been seeing this OS for such a long time, for arthroscopys on both knees, both TKRs, it will seem very strange not to have an appointment with him in the diary for some point in the future.
My new knee is really being the naughty toddler this morning, I didn't need any painkillers last night, slept fine, but it woke me up fairly early, really stiff and so achey, I'm waiting for the paracetamol to kick in before I start my day. I did do a lot yesterday, maybe I'll give it a rest today.
 
Hi @Ellejay I'm sure you'll be fine today. Actually being discharged is what you've been working towards for a long time . And you can always go back and see him privately if you are worried but fingers crossed ( not knees)!) that you won't have to.
Mine sees me tomorrow but I think I'll have to be kept an eye in for the other knee now.
Hope all goes well today.
Mary x
 
Good luck with today. You will.be fine and if anything comes then contact him. Aye rest a.tad lass you have been.doing a.good impersonation of a whirling dervish recently.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you @SuperSnapper, I'm sure all will be well, just feeling a bit nervous, facing the future, but as you say I can always make a private appointment.
@Legin, I will try to stop whirling so much, but that's the real me.
 
Chortle I'm the same I keep.getting.told off but hey took 54 years to make me.what I am

Legin THR Sep 14
 
How was your 6 week check in? Are you out zipping around in your little car?
 
Hi @Texas Tee, thanks for dropping in, and here is catch up news for @suedobie ....
Six week check went went, x rays are fine, OS is very pleased, yes I can drive, swim, unfortunately I can't play the piano - but that's because I never learned (sorry). He says he never sees anyone after this check up, private or NHS patients, but I can make an appointment any time if I'm worried, which is the reassurance I needed. I am still having physio, so I can also ask her any questions I might think of now I've left his office!
We stopped on the way home for a celebratory....no, not a cake...a walk! It was so bright and sunny we both felt it was a shame to miss out. It is now getting dark, so I'm not out in my car. Tomorrow is my husbands birthday, so we may go out for a nice lunch, and I will drive then. We are going to the theatre on Wednesday evening, unfortunately I couldn't get tickets for tomorrow, but it means his birthday lasts a bit longer.
Take care and have a good evening, xxx
 
Chortle well.done you I.can.play the piano. I play a.fine.jumble of notes that.have.no.reason.to be played together.
Really pleased for you.
Whooooioopdedooop

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, wasn't it Eric Morecambe who could "play all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"? :heehee:.
How are you today?
@Angel1978, as you can see from my post above, I am doing well, how about you? I hope things are improving for you.
 
Hi Lyn,
Congratulation, a good day for both of us. I have been out twice in the car today on my own to take the dogs for a walk, walked for 20mins both times so not overdoing it, can't believe how good it feels. although my OS said I would see him in a years time, he said if I had any problems just book an appointment to see him, sorry forgot to mention this earlier.

Hope you both enjoy your husbands birthday tomorror.

@Legin, notice you have changed your Avatar again, looks like Staffie, is he/she yours?
 
She is more pointer cross mutt. Nicest natured dog going.
 
Aaaaaar how sweet. If I did not have my dogs I would not go out walking every day and certainly not to some of the remeote places on my own, I feel totally protected with my dogs around
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom