TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

@Ellejay Glad to hear things are still going well. I'm being lazy too, still in bed :dancy: but thinking about getting up and doing some exercise. I've got so used to these lazy starts to the day! Like you I've been spoiled.
Great news on the TEDs . I didn't have them this time but did after microfractures and was so glad to ditch them! Wonder why surgeons differ so much on their use. Mine actually laughed when I asked if he used the!
Hope you have a good day out with friends.
Chaos here last night with all the children but really good fun. They were all telling jokes. Maffy aged 4 came up with, Why did the dinosaur cross the road? Answer cos there were no chickens! I felt really spoiled with lovely smellies, lunch out and a plant, vouchers for some camera equipment, a new baking bowl and chocolates and coffee out tomorrow with my daughter and her mum in law. All over for another year.
Hope you have a really excellent day.
Mary x
 
Sounds like a great day @SuperSnapper. I used to work with 4 & 5 year olds, I love their first jokes. It is so lovely when they just about get the idea of a joke, and they are always so pleased with themselves. It sounds as if you need a relaxing day today, so enjoy the peace and quiet, and be as lazy as you like. I'm off to get ready to go out. :yes!::happydance::yay:.....looking forward to it? Moi?
 
Hey stopping by to check on ya. And thanks for the info. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Ellejay

Welcome back Lyn's life!!!! I hope your lunch went well. Great you've got out! Woohoo!

Just a pair of achy knees, left one protests at stairs. Very tired. Having a lazy day once I've vacuumed living room. Got kitchen done x should cook but too spaced x I'll see how I feel after a nap later xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
You are welcome @Angel1978, hope you are ok, did you order an ice pack / bag?
Hi @Nana moon 27, cleaning the kitchen, lounge and then cooking??? Is that your idea of a lazy day? I feel very bad now. I haven't cleaned anything in the house before I blitzed it before my op. My husband has been doing a much better job than I usually do, he moves furniture, I just go round it! He is still doing all the cooking, although last night he did all the veg prep, and I came in and did the cheffy bit with some cod and wine and cream. Tonight I wanted a veggie meal, so he will prepare it and I will put it all together. He is good with meat and two veg, but a courgette and pasta bake might stretch him a bit :heehee:.
Lunch out with the girls was great, my first glass of wine, no stick and no TEDs, I felt quite normal. We've just been for a twenty minute walk, but it's so cold, my ears were hurting. I'm in now and ready to relax.
Have a good evening xxx
 
Whoooot whoooot nice one you. Also well done hubbers for looking after you so.well. Will stay of the.cooking as I am.a.mean person with my razor sharp knives they are actually. Hv only had a few misshaps, gaffa tape really is as good as stitches. Again.well done eeeeeeebygum lass thas almost normal.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You are welcome @Angel1978, hope you are ok, did you order an ice pack / bag?
Hi @Nana moon 27, cleaning the kitchen, lounge and then cooking??? Is that your idea of a lazy day? I feel very bad now. I haven't cleaned anything in the house before I blitzed it before my op. My husband has been doing a much better job than I usually do, he moves furniture, I just go round it! He is still doing all the cooking, although last night he did all the veg prep, and I came in and did the cheffy bit with some cod and wine and cream. Tonight I wanted a veggie meal, so he will prepare it and I will put it all together. He is good with meat and two veg, but a courgette and pasta bake might stretch him a bit :heehee:.
Lunch out with the girls was great, my first glass of wine, no stick and no TEDs, I felt quite normal. We've just been for a twenty minute walk, but it's so cold, my ears were hurting. I'm in now and ready to relax.
Have a good evening xxx
Hi @elloejay not yet. Have watch for wifi lol. Cause don't have any good here. And don't have unlimited data. But I'm doing it tonight. Xxx thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Well, I don't know what happened last night, but sleep certainly didn't! Yesterday must have been just too exciting. I can't say my knee kept me awake, it was achey, but not awful. In fact I moved around so much last night that it isn't as stiff this morning, so some good came out of a sleepless night.
Have a good day everyone, xx
 
Aww shucks aches sure are a pain oooooops. Try to have a snooze today. So like you to take a.positive out of an.annoying situation well done.lass. BTW thank.for post on.Nanas thread I struggle with compliments but ty

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Saw you are exhausted hmmmmm sleep well. Family are worth it tho

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Ellejay, hope you are healing well and doing well with second knee. Congratulations on your one year ankneeversary. Sorry I am a little late, but best wishes to you. Take care and hope other knee catches up. Again congratulations.

[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second
[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second
[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second
 
Aw thank you @chestnc, good of you to remember.
How are you at the moment? Is the weather very cold? Is it affecting your RA or your knee? I live just north of London, so it doesn't often get very bad, tonight they are warning of a very cold snap, but only minus two! I think I can live with that. We did have a few flurries of snow yesterday, it was beautiful, it looked like swarms of white butterflies. Take care xxxx
 
Oh
I'm sorry didn't know.or would have posted hipp hopp happy ankneeversary for today or yesterday.
Tad colder up here but has been way colder in past. Hope you have a grand day and don't over do things. As I never do -whistles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I had a wonderful day yesterday, the family all came to celebrate my husbands birthday. I was allowed into the kitchen to play my part in preparing a roast dinner. My daughter made the most beautiful raspberry roulade to have instead of a cake, nobody wants left over cake so soon after Christmas, and we had candles on it to satisfy James, my grandson. They all stayed on for a toast and crumpet tea, and I went to bed pretty exhausted....but with no painkillers at all, and I've slept the whole night. My knee was very achey when I woke up, so I have taken a couple of paracetamols, but I went 24 hours without needing anything.
My new knee was six weeks old yesterday, life is definitely improving.
 
Brilliant happy belated birthday hubbers. Life is definitely taking an upward turn for you I'm pleaseed for you I am.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin, our post crossed. I haven't opened the curtains yet, so I'm not sure what it looks like, cold and frosty I guess. How is your foot these days?
My brother took a tumble on the ice a few years back and damaged the nerves to his lower legs and feet. One leg recovered but the other never did. He has no feeling in his shin and foot. He wears a brace under above ankle boots, and has to control his ankle from his knee. He manages incredibly well, he went back to work as a self employed auto electrician, which involves a lot of driving, and apart for accepting a disabled car parking disc, no one would ever know he has a problem. He has a slight limp, and can't walk far, but otherwise is fine. He is just very wary on the ice now.
 
I bet he is can.relate to the.nerve damage bit. I'm lucky in.that nerve damage is.restricted to.calf and ankle and small.toes. So don't have.to wear brace. Soon I'm.going to try a wee hill.but shhhhh don't.tell anyone. Ooooooooooops

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom