TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Go girl. Good for you, bet the walk really boosted your morale, we had a big storm around 1.00pm but after it blew over it was blue skies.

Are you still using a stick when you walk? I am down to one when I go outside but around the house have not been using one.

Sue xx
 
Thanks @Legin, I am pleased, and so far I seem ok, I will see what tonight brings.
@TexasTee I said exactly that to my husband, he is so protective, but if I don't test my limits how do I know where they are?
@SuperSnapper, isn't it just wonderful what we can do now? I called my husband to come quick, he rushed to me, very worried, but I just wanted to show him I could climb the stairs! I won't do it very often to begin with, but it is a start.
@suedobie I'm glad you had a good day with Elise, I always feel so privileged to care for my grandson, that they trust me with their most treasured 'belonging'.
I don't use a stick in the house, and for my walk today I carried it on the outward journey, but then something 'clicked' behind my knee and I was glad to use it on the way home.
I'm not sure if the Wii fit is helping my balance, it's certainly fun. People tell me I'm not 'waddling' any more, I just hope the PT agrees next week. I'm doing a lot of 'clam' and 'bridge' Pilates exercises, lots of standing on one leg whilst brushing my teeth, hopefully this is all helping my 'glutes'
 
Briilliant stair climbing! I can do it but don't often. Still taking it steady. I agree the standing on one leg is a good exercise and really helps the balance. Also the cane is useful when you are getting tired. I'm using a walking pole sometimes. We are doing well!
Sending you a congratulatory hug xx
 
@SuperSnapper,congratulatory hug accepted and reciprocated - we are both doing very well, just think of the summer we have ahead of us :biking::hiking::swim:
 
Hi @Ellejay,

I just wanted to pop in and say goodnight to you. Well done on the walk and the exercise today. You are awesome! Please sleep well and pain free x

I've decided I. Going to hydro without my crutches tomorrow (really didn't want to say crutchless) but hubby's saying because of my left non TKR being so bad I should take one. I might take it and carry it in case. What do you think? Xxx

Love Ann x x x
 
@Nana moon 27,
Thank you for your kind comments, I'm not really awesome, just very lucky. I'm nowhere near @supersnappers 140 ROM!
Remembering the arthritic pain before my op, I didn't go anywhere without my crutch. I still carry it everywhere, I don't have to use it, but like this afternoon, I was glad I had it with me. I know you probably don't need it for your new knee, but you probably do for the painful one.
I'm switching off now,I should sleep well tonight after all my exercise, we'll see.
Chat tomorrow, sleep well xxxxx
 
Hope all is ok after yesterdays activity. Its the bench mark in how muscles and tendons are. I walked a lot yesterday incl a reasonable hill but today tendons of the errrr posterior are saying hellloooo. Have a grand day snow here and more forecasted. Wheeeee. Toodles
 
Hi @Legin, thought we should move over here rather than hijack Sues thread.
My knee is definitely joining ODIC today, it's a bit sore, but nothing awful, hoping a couple of ibuprofen will manage it, staying tucked up in bed until they do :heehee:. I think a rest day today, and then more exercise tomorrow should be ok.
If you can feel THOSE tendons it's probably good news, my PT is constantly telling me to work my glutes! Enjoy your snow, xxx
 
Hey nothing awful is good a few weeks ago a diff story for you. A rest day is a good idea. Go for it girl. As for me my errr tendons hv been playing up for a while. 4 hr journey home tday ouch
 
awesome hun im awaiting the second leg being done so hopefully then i can really crack on, sorry about your daughters car. How are you doing my legs are not liking this weather and the prospect of snow, stay safe and well xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm glad you've had a rest day today. You are really going to have a such good year this year. Two normal knees and lots of walking. That sounds like a plan to me x x x

Are you finding it easier this time around because of going through it before? I know this much, I will not be pushed into the ridiculous enhanced recovery thing that wrecked my recovery last time. by getting me doing too much too soon again. Since the revision it's been the recovery that I anticipated the first time around!!!

The only snow we go was a little sprinkle yet 40 minutes away at the hospital they'd had a fair bit there. Nine of the roads had been gritted last night. Who knows why? Everyone was going on about it at hydro today and the garden centre where I persuaded him to take me for coffee after.

I hope,the weather holds so you can have a walk. I'm due to see my GP tomorrow afternoon about the Diazepam.

Take care
Love Annx x x x
 
Hi @ibis, good to hear from you. how are you? How is your recovery going? Are you really thinking of having your second knee done so soon after your first? I had 11 months between the two. I'm certainly glad that I've got a 'good' knee to help me now. For the first two months after my RTKR, my left knee was fine, but it suddenly deteriorated in February and we were able to keep it going with cortisone injections, but after an arthroscopy in August it became evident that a replacement was the only way forward, so here I am again. Are you having physio sessions? Are you happy with your progress, or maybe your other knee is really holding you back? My daughter still has my car, I'm sure that the OS will say I'm ok to drive when I see him on Monday, but it looks as if I won't have a car to drive. :sad: xxxx
 
Ohhhhh I.so know the.feeling they grow up and can.do more like drive.and.then snaffle ours. She is v lucky to have.such a good mum. Anyway how are you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good morning Ann @Nana moon 27,
How are you this morning after your hydro session? Hopefully your knees have calmed down overnight.
I don't think this recovery is different because it's the second time round, it just seem so different. It didn't swell so much, so I've always had more bend, which has meant I have been able to exercise well. It has just generally been much less painful this time round. I haven't had one 'zinger' so far, which I just don't understand, and the area is hardly numb at all, last time the whole knee was numb. We are told on here that no two knees are the same, mine certainly aren't!
I'm having lunch with some girl friends today, they are picking me up, I'm discarding the TEDs for the first time, just two days early, and I might have my first glass of wine, woohoo! Normal life here I come :dancy:.
Have a good day, chat later xxxx
 
Good morning @Legin, I'm feeling good so far, but I've only just finished my breakfast in bed- yes, I'm still being totally spoiled, a fresh juice (pear today) and porridge every day. So I'm not up and about yet, but I'm sure I'm fine. How are you today? Are you back home now? Do you have lots of snow? We had a very windy night, but no snow. Have a good day xxx
 
Spoiled is good don't have worries about accepting. I am.home journey was.sore but not.as.sore as.walking home. Megga winds here so tempted to go out I love storms its the.munsta in me

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom