TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

@Ellejay I can't believe I've never posted on your thread! Yes, avoid your hub's manual transmission for a while. My only car is a manual, therefore I didn't have much choice. I rented an automatic for a couple of weeks ($$$) just to get around. Was I supposed to ask my doctor? I just started driving, lol. I can shift the manual pretty easily now, but I still take every opportunity to be lazy and let someone else do the driving.
 
@suedobie
Hi Sue, I hope you managed to finish your Indian Meal before you have to leave :heehee:. I enjoyed a pub meal with friends on Saturday evening, we only stayed for a couple of hours as there was a good, but noisy band playing and we couldn't hear each other speak.
I wouldn't copy my exercise regime if I were you, I'm a well known member of ODIC. Anyway it's sounds more energetic than it is, I only spend two to three minutes on each exercise.
I'm going try going without Tramadol tonight as well, I slept so well last night, and I was only in pain for a while this morning, until the paracetamol kicked in, I'd like to try to get off meds as soon as I can. Last time I had an on/off withdrawal process, I suppose it will be the same this time.
Have a good evening Sue, chat more tomorrow, xxx Lyn
 
@Clipless, its great to start chatting to you, I've been reading your thread, but never got round to posting before.
Over here our insurance is invalid until a medical specialist (usually the OS) gives the OK to start driving.
 
Yes Lyn we did manage to finish all the meal and I really enjoyed it but I just wanted to get home and get comfortable.

Without appearing dumb, what does ODIC :umm:Did not realise you only spend 3 min or so on each exercise, there was me imagining you spending hours on it:dancy: seriously, I think your progress is amazing.

Looking after 4 month old granddaughter on my own tomorrow, hope I can cope!!!

Sue xx
 
I have spent my fair share of time in the ODIC ("Over Did it Club"), only to learn that less is really more. OR...doing the *right* amount of the appropriate exercises, not all of them. Unfortunately almost everyone figures this out the hard way, including me!
 
Yes, I've overdone it many a time, I'm hoping that this time I'm learning.
Sue, good luck with your grand daughter, at least she's not moving too much, you won't have to chase her around.
Have fun xx
 
Wow @Ellejay

You're kicking those meds so well again. That's going to be me next time around. Mark my words. I cannot believe the difference the Diazepam made to my gait and posture. That's why my knees hurt x

Keep up the fabulous work

Love Ann x x x
 
That's great Ann @Nana moon 27, I'm so pleased at long last someone has found the key and unlocked the door to a smooth recovery - it's about time! I hope you sleep well tonight, I'm just about to switch off and have half an hour with my book before lights out. My knee is surrounded by ice and pillows, I've just taken 2 paracetamols, fingers crossed....:sleep::sleep::sleep:
Chat tomorrow, (((xxx)))
 
Morning Lyn, Hope you had a good nights sleep, will be interested to hear your report

Up early to get ready to go and perform my duties, she's a little sweetie (are'nt they all at that age) hope she is having a good day!!

@Nana moon 27 Morning Ann, Hope you have a good day

Sue xx
 
I think I must be turning into sleeping beauty, nine hours sleep!!!!!
Just two paracetamols, and again, my knee is achey, much less than yesterday ( but it is early) I've taken some more paracetamol straight away, I'll let you know later if I manage to escape yesterday's pain. I vaguely remember from last time that I slept better once I was off the Tramadol, I must look back on my thread. My husband is being his normal wonderful self, preparing my breakfast, fresh juice ( for the vitamins) and porage (for the protein). He is tackling my recovery as a project, I do secretly smile to myself. But as he says, if I'm walking in the hills with him soon, then he feels he has contributed to my healing, he is doing it so we can continue enjoying life together, I am so lucky.
@suedobie,
You were up early Sue, I hope you have lots of fun with your grand daughter, they are just so gorgeous, and the time passes so quickly. I don't know how my grand son got to three, but it is lovely having chats on face time as we did yesterday. Does your live nearby? Is this a regular occurrence? Mine is the other side of the M25, so I don't see him as much as I'd like, but I'm a lot luckier than some.
Have a fantastic day, chat later, xxxLyn
 
Wow 9hours sleep? Well done Sleeping Beauty xxx no seriously well done Lyn. You're doing an amazing recovery. Do you think the experience from the first one has helped you with the second? Xxxx
 
Good morning Ann, @Nana moon 27
I suppose it must have helped in some ways, I was prepared, I knew I had to rest, be patient etc., but it is behaving totally differently. It has always bent more than the first one did, it is hardly numb, the first one virtually the whole knee area, right the way round, was numb. So far I haven't had any 'zingers' which I don't understand, the nerves have to knit together. I'm sure it's not so painful. Some days I even wonder just what he did in there, it feels so different. But I can walk without pain, so I'm not arguing. Everyone on here always says no two knees are the same, my two certainly aren't!
 
Elsie is asleep at the moment so thought I would take the opportunity to log in, they only live about half an hour from us so see them often, she is teething at the moment so a bit needy so I'm thinking I will not have a lot of free time today, Mum is only 20 mins away if I get into trouble.

We'll done on the 9hours Lyn, that's fantastic, maybe I will try a night without taking Tramadol, it does not make me feel groggy in the morning as you say it does you, and if I wake up with some discomfort I can always pop a couple!

What a beautiful day here today, clear blue skies, a good day for a walk.

Sue xx
 
Hi @Ellejay your doing so well great that your cutting out the meds,doesn't work for everybody but I was the same only needed them now and again after a few weeks.
Well came back from our trip early the weather was terrible and the Thursday night the motorhome was rocking badly kept us awake all night so was very happy to be home.
It's strange since seeing my O.S my knee has been O.K know it's only a blip but nice,sadly have had bad acid reflux,hubby and a few friends have the same I think it must be some kind of bug going around always something.
Have a nice day x
 
Yes, it's gorgeous here, I must admit to being very lazy, I'm still in bed, having had my blueberry and apple juice this morning. I'm catching up on all my emails and other correspondence, but I'm about to have a shower and hopefully go out for as long a walk as I can manage.
I hope Elsie behaves herself for you, xxx
 
Hi @yiayia3, sorry you had to come back early, the weather isn't great at the moment. Some friends have just taken their motor home down to Spain for two months, we are considering that this time next year, you have to time crossing the Bay if Biscay just right though.
I've had a really good day today, I rested all morning, got up and did some exercise, including two miles on my static bike. I rested, iced and elevated again, then after lunch my husband and I did a twenty minute country walk, that did me a power of good, I've been walking round the village, but to get out completely onto a country track was good. Then I went to say hello to the girl that runs my 'old ladies gym' - it's Motorcise, all the equipment is motorised, so you can work as hard or as little as you like, but the joints are moved the full range, you just put in the effort to work the muscles. She asked me to keep in touch so I thought I'd just pop in as I was passing, and...you've guessed it, I ended up having a go on some of the equipment. It felt so good to be back exercising, I really didn't do too much, but I could do upper body exercises, and work my right leg.
I'm now back in my chair icing and elevating, with a cup of tea, wonderful!
Then to cap off my good day, my son has just phoned, he has been working in Coventry and had to stay there last night, and is about to drop in to say hello and then continue his journey to Kent once the M25 calms down a bit, what more could I want from a day?
 
Sounds like a fantastic day!!! You've got this recovery business well in hand...sure there might be a bit of payback for being so ambitious today but sometimes I think you have to push the boundries...or how else will you know where they are?
 
What a good day you've had! But busy! Isn't it great to think what you can do now compared with a few short weeks ago? Long may it continue!
 
Brill lass you are doing so much, I am really pleased for you. Well done tho on resting etc after. Tha is a star
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom