Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

We are our own worst enemies @Legin, we all know what we SHOULD be doing, but we all want to do just "one more thing", and we say "I'll be fine", knowing full well that we won't be, but we go ahead anyway. But it's still a good feeling having stashed it all away, I bet you feel good having made your soup and curry. I didn't know it was a Scottish tradition to have steak pie on Jan 1st, I will have to have words with my DiL for not telling me. She comes from a village not far from St Andrews. Her and my son will be in Edinburgh for Hogmanay in a couple of days time.
So sorry you have had a painful day @Sonny'sWife, mine is completely my fault, and I will be resting all day tomorrow, if you've been resting already that's doesn't seem fair. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
 
St Andrews is not far from me and when.I had business I.supplied the royal and ancient golf club. Daughter is in.Edinburgh uni doing.law. I used to.go to edindoooooodahs for old years night but now stay in Kinross. You are so right about doing things it works it way.thru my weeee brain if I don't do it. Have as.much as posdible pain free day tooodle pips

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Definitely overdid it yesterday, knee was painful all night and it still is this morning. Very slightly concerned about the scar opening yesterday, it was very slight, but it was completely closed and dry the day before, so I haven't yet managed to enjoy my long awaited bath. I'm keeping the steri strips on and the sterile dressing for another day before investigating tomorrow. I'm resting all day today, just going round to friends tonight, but I won't walk, so it won't be strenuous.
 
Good or you may.get the look of disdain. We all heal diff I get cut and heal within.24 hrs all about.me are amazed. Wiffffffff reckons I'm a.mutant or alien. Soooioooooo please rest for the day as I am - whistles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Ellejay, just joined today and read a lot of your thread, where in Herts do you live? I had my op at The Rivers in Sawbridgeworth, my OS was Paul Allen and I have a DePuy Attune knee system

It must have been a bit terrifying for you to have to have your other knee replaced when the first one was still fresh in your mind

I've been told is could be 3 months before the swelling goes and I can walk longer distances
 
Welcome @suedobie tiz a grand place good info and support. Dont listen to Legin tho he is air hot full of
 
@suedobie, hi and welcome to a fellow Hertfordshire Bonesmartie.
Yes, it was a little frightening, but I was so fed up with the arthritic pain I really didn't have a choice. I live in the Hatfield area and went to the BMI at Enfield - The Cavell - for both knees. I had excellent care from Mr Atkinson each time, and have two DePuy knees.
When did you have your replacement? Yes, it can easily take three months, and more. I had my first knee done in January, and I was still definitely healing when we took our holiday in France in June, as you can see from my signature, it took me four months to be able to cycle again. Now the first knee is absolutely fine, and is able to support the new one. I am still taking it very easy (apart from overdoing it yesterday), I have spent all day resting upstairs today, I haven't tackled the stairs once, but I am about to go down for dinner and then out to visit friends for the evening.
I do hope your recovery is going well, I'm pleased you found this forum, it is excellent for finding information and answering questions, if there is anything you would like to ask or just have a chat you have come to the right place.
@Legin might be full of hot air, but he is the friendliest ogre I have ever come across, and is very supportive (he doesn't like us to think it but he can even be sensible :heehee:)
It is lovely to meet you and I look forward to plenty of supportive chats to each other, xxx Lyn
 
Thats right tell everyone even the munsta of the loch will laugh now.
 
Sorry you over did it yesterday but glad that it was even possible to do this soon out. Hope you enjoy your evening with friends!
 
:martini:It will be 3 weeks next Friday that I had mine done, I believe you had your on the 6th? I managed to go upstairs normally today albeit that I relied heavily on my stick but cannot come down the same way, decided that I am trying to run before I can walk so should come down bad knee first one step at a time

Have a good evening

xx
 
@Ellejay so you over did it! I think I did too over Christmas. I had a similar story about making sure all the left perks weren't wasted! Daft of us really! But some good stuff now lurks in the freezer. It's leek and potato soup day today using up some of the stock I made.

Mr P is out walking and I'm not up yet. But I've done some of my exercises. My knee is really sensitive to touch, especially the knee cap . I can feel it now the swelling has gone down and I've been having some pains at the top of my shin over the implant area with a bit of swelling so taking things easy today. So I upped the paracetamol yesterday. Each day brings a new issue.
How's your scar doing? I read it had opened a bit. Mine is fascinating to watch. It changes from pale, to pink, to purple to a grey colour and back to pink depending on what I'm doing. I've also got a keloid bit where one of the stitches hasn't dissolved and has made it lumpy. Yuk!:eeeuw:
Have a good day
X
 
@suedibie coming down.stairs is most peoples nemesis at some point. I managed a 7 point pike dive. Luckily I landed on me head. Ask physio about exercises mine gave me some to do.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
:rotfl:
Oh Legin, I'm sitting here laughing at my image of you doing a dive down the stairs, hope you did not hurt yourself

Pysio did give me some exercise's, back to see her next Wednesday
 
I've only just woken up - it's 9.45! I use one of those sleep analysing Apps, and last night it didn't register any movement from me....I think I could have overdone the meds :nah:...but this morning I feel fine, no pain, a good nights sleep. I will try cutting down on the Tramadol today and managing on Paracetamol. I will certainly need something, grandson is coming to stay whilst his parents go up to Edinburgh. We have him for four nights, but my daughter is staying as well so she can help me care for him. Wish me luck......xxx
 
Naaaaaa was fine cept there is a mirror at the bottom so I can.see myself coming. Not a pretty sight. Also having only one.brain cell who btw is called Harrold so no damage done

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Back
Top Bottom