Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Well, I finally baked my two desserts - and wiped myself out, I've been asleep all afternoon! It's a good job I'm not in charge of Christmas dinner.
Before it gets too hectic I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all friends on here a very Happy Christmas, thank you so much for all your support over the last couple of weeks, I have really appreciated it.
Have a relaxing holiday everyone,
:merryx:
Lyn xxx
 
I just talked to my surgeon about the dreaded TEDs and he says 3 weeks - UNLESS I can walk a mile a day. I have a fit bit and a mile really isn't all that many steps in the course of a day so I will see if I can negotiate an early release! I'm going to order some of the fun ones from Amazon though, it's bad enough to wear them, they don't have to be ugly, too!

Good job on the baking - glad you seem no worse for wear. Merry Christmas to you!
 
Wishing you Happiness this Christmas to you and all your family ❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@TexasTee, I'm not sure I could do a mile and I'm nearly 3 weeks now, maybe the TEDs are easier!

I'm getting very excited now, there are beds made up all over the place, my darling husband has worked so hard getting the house ready for the family to come tomorrow, my son, DiL and grandson, and my daughter will all be staying for four days, and then my grandson and my daughter -his aunt- will stay for New Year, while my son & DiL can spend Hogmanay in Edinburgh, so a very exciting time coming up.
My knee is fine, a bit achey at times, (when I try to do too much :whistle:), but it bends well. I just hope it continues to recover as well as it has started. I will be good, and let the family do all the work,what a treat.
 
Had my first trip out today other than hospital and PT appointments. I went to visit my Dad at last, I've missed him so much, I tried phoning, but he is so deaf that didn't work. It was lovely to see him, but upsetting to think that this will be the first Christmas Day I haven't been with him. I just can't cope with him in my house. My knee really didn't like the drive there, and the visit took it out of me, so I'm now elevating, icing and thinking of the bread sauce and red cabbage that need to be prepared. I just don't think my daughter will get it all done....?
 
I think whatever your daughter gets done is the exact right amount! Glad you got so see your Dad, family is what matters - whatever food makes it to the table will just be the icing on the cake :-)

Just to clarify, I don't mean go out and walk a mile - I just meant accomplish one in a day - about 2200 steps. Still, Ellen thinks I'm a nut, too. Ah well, when I'm on the other side it will all be clear, just hard to know until you know, I guess.

Merry Christmas!
 
@TexasTee, that's sounds better, a mile over a whole day by counting steps is possibly feasible, I thought you meant go out for a long walk, I think it would probably take me about three quarters of an hour to walk a mile at the moment, and I couldn't possibly be on my feet all that time.
House is definitely in chaos now, the three year old seems to be in charge :rotfl:. I'm sitting here, doing as I'm told, you are quite right, family is better than everything else, I don't care about the food.
Have a lovely Christmas xxx
 
Three weeks on, hardly any swelling, I've removed the dressing and the wound looks good. I'm surprised at how well it bends and straightens. I'm still having a bit of trouble with the IT band. I haven't been able to exercise the last couple of days due to a tummy bug keeping me in bed, but I've tried at least to carry on the heel slides.
It looks like a beautiful day, very cold, but bright blue sky, so might try for a short walk later.
 
Good luck. That tummy bug is nuts. Do u have pic of scar? And no seeking us lucky. I've had it. lots ice I've lol. Anyesys hope u get better. Excerpted is important. When u are in bed try out sheet on feet and hold in hands ans bend raise that what I did. But the advisors here will tell us good exceedes. Best luck to ya.
 
Hi @Ellejay sorry you had the tummy bug it's not nice ,lots of our family have had it me included seems to end up with a cold and sore throat lovely.
New knee sounds great keep up the good work
 
Sorry your family have had a Christmas bug as well @yiayia3. Hopefully the Hertfordshire strain of the bug is just 24 hour tummy upset and then it's over, so far that's what's happened to three of us. Luckily my husband hasn't had it so far, all my fingers are crossed that he doesn't, I still really need my main carer.
Thanks for your good wishes @Sonny'sWife.
Will I ever learn? I didn't get up til late, showered, had lunch and then decided I would make a turkey and ham pie for supper, I had some pastry in the fridge that I needed to use up....so I started to carve the gammon...and freeze it in meal sized portions, then I had to attack the turkey carcass...and freeze it in meal size portions, then of course I might just as well carve up the enormous rib of beef that was taking up so much fridge space...and freeze it in meal size portions. Needless to say it was three hours later that I managed to get the pie in the oven, and I'm now sitting down with a very sore knee. How stupid is that? I think I've got lifetime membership of ODIC.
 
Yes, you overdid it, but you know that!

Do make sure that you rest up a lot today!
 
Thanks @Celle, I promise I will rest from now on, I was so anxious that all that meat didn't get wasted, I've frozen 18 meals worth, my husband said not to worry about it, but I just couldn't waste it.
@Sonny'sWife, I was going to take a picture, but after my shower this morning I noticed that the scar had opened up a little, so I immediately put steri strips on it and covered it all with a dressing. Hopefully it will close up again soon and I'll post a picture when I can.
 
We all.do it I sorted turkey yesterday and beef for steak pie on jan 1st scottish tradition. Hv had turkey.curry and.made.soup from carcas. Make.sure you.rest like me - whistles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Back
Top Bottom