TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

I'm writing this from home, yippee! I'm fine at the moment, pain level still very low, I'm suspicious, when are the pain elves going to turn up? I'm installed in the recliner in the lounge as it seemed silly to tackle the stairs as soon as I came home, and I am very comfortable here with everything I need to hand, and I can be a little more sociable, although I feel a few zzzzzzzzzzzs coming on. Tomorrow I may stay in bed for longer, or maybe not come down at all, those stairs are best avoided where possible.
Anyway, this is where the real healing starts, I'm in charge and I can do it the BS way.
 
Glad you're home! Good call on the stairs! Best to avoid them as much as possible. Take good care of yourself and yey on the pain fairies not being able to find you!
 
Oh @Ellejay

I didn't get an alert!!!

Welcome home. I hope you get some decent undisturbed sleep. Yaaaay x x x x

I know your going to kick butt with this recovery x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Oh @Nana moon 27 I can only dream...if only.
So far so good, I spent all afternoon downstairs, but I think I left it too late to come upstairs and I was very tired and on the edge of upset, however I'm tucked up into the spare bedroom now, so I won't disturb hubby if I want to read or get up in the night, and the en suite in this room is so much better than our family bathroom. It has a walk in shower, so this will be my 'base for a couple of months now. I'm fully medicated, so I will report in in the morning how the first night went ( no, I'm not dancing Nutcracker, or even the first night of a pantomime).
Once again thank you so much for all our supportive messages, I just beam whenever I open up posts from all my friends on here.
 
@Nana moon 27 and all other friends, I've just noticed something very exciting (you are probably all yawning and telling me to keep up) but Josephine is going to have her left knee done at long last, (Jan 7th) Come on Ann and @yiayia3, get on and make those arrangements, you can join @TexasTee and me AND Josephine - what an exalted knee buddy :heehee:.
 
Hi @Ellejay did you ever read her true story about going home after her other knee? Ooh it's well worth a read. I've read it at least three times. It's so funny xxx
 
Yes, what an inspiration, it always makes me feel quite spoilt (I suppose I am), but I am lucky having my husband wait on me hand and foot.
 
Hi Lyn (aka Mrs Dainty Knees) - so glad that you are home and that all seems to be going well for you. It will be so good to sleep in your own bed tonight, won't it? (Hopefully you are already in the Land of Nod).

Hope the pain remains at a manageable level and you can get yourself comfy.

Afraid I cannot relate to either your morphine dreams or your blues as I took no morphine and didn't get the 'Knee Blues' - but both sound horrid and I so feel for you. I can however relate to the laxative situation you had in hospital as they OD'd me and I couldn't stop going for weeks. Urrggh..... but hopefully you have that all under control now!

Give yourself some time to get over the shock that the surgery will have put your body and mind through, and then I can just see you organising Christmas from the comfort of your recliner. At least there will be no shortage of ice for drinks in your house!

Take care Lyn and sweet dreams

XXXX
 
I hope you are deeply asleep Mz Lyn - Tony Horton of the Beach Body Tony Horton who made me think that I, too, could do p90x and finally made me face that I needed to replace my knee...ANYway, that Tony doesn't call it sleep - he calls it healing, so - cheers to a full night of healing! :martini:

I just finished an indoor spin on my bike - yikes, it has clearly been longer than I recalled on the trainer rather than the recumbent at work and my knee was, aheem, against it. There has been some debate if it would be possible to use my husbands indoor trainer for recovery if set up right, so I did that and I really think that I can, woo hoo! I'll need a spotter for a bit but I know it's going to be about a one minute go of rocking back and forth so probably not a huge inconvenience in the scheme of things :)
 
Well done on the bike @TexasTee, the indoor trainer sounds a good idea too.
All systems seem to be under control now @dogwheels - digestive and waterworks, so no more crying I hope, and no morphine nightmares now I'm home, I've just got Tramadol and Paracetamol. I've also got blood thinning tablets, I had injections in hospital, but I've got 9 days of tablets to take now I'm home.
What is not under control is my hatred of these TEDS, they are horrid, they make my legs itch, my toes end up being strangled as they always manage to peep out of the ends, I can't put them on without help, and Little Miss Independence doesn't like that!
Unfortunately those pain elves found me last night, the first time I have had any real pain, so that's not bad I suppose, the trouble was it was another hour before I was due any medication, so it was a long hour. I just could not get comfortable.
Have a good day everyone, xxxxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second
xxxxxxxxxxx
 
@Ellejay naughty pain elves, we hates 'em! I slap on more ice which helps but they don't quite go away. They didn't visit here yesterday , thank goodness.
I was glad my surgeon doesn't like the TEDs - I wore them for six weeks after microfracture so sympathise.
Still all this will pass - but a bummer while it's with you. :tantrum2::tantrum2::tantrum2:

Hope you have a restful day today.

I feel pretty good but reining myself in don't want to undo all the good work I've put in so far.
If you want a good scary ghost story to take your mind off kneesy things, we watched "Remember me" on iplayer
Pretty scary!
 
Hi @Ellejay, glad you are home. You are so right in saying now the healing begins as yes it does. Glad you are home and wishing you the best in healing days upcoming. Also enjoy the recliner. Sounds comfy. Wow you have that many steps making it daunting to go up and down with ease? I hope they are not as difficult when you do them. Best of luck to you and keep those pain fairies at bay. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Ellejay

Oh I'm sorry the pain got you, I really am. That hour is awful. I think it's good that they gave you tablets to take. Up here you're given a whole load of preloaded sealed shots and a sharps bucket. ! I had to inject my own stomach afterwards for I think it was 9 days.

I hope your pain relief works now Lyn. Sending you a big hug xxxxxxxx

Love Ann xxxx
 
Back
Top Bottom