Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Good morning folks, last minute packing today, off to the surgery to have my stitches out then a big clean so that the house is fine to be left for a month. I may not get on here much while I'm away - (I think I said this before and then managed to use the site a lot, ) but just in case wifi reception is bad and you don't hear from me for a while I thought I should mention it. I hope everyone continues to recover well, I will be thinking of you @Jozilla, I do hope everything goes well for number two.
@dogwheels - are the decorators finished now? Did you manage not to trip on the sheets again? I expect it all looks lovely and fresh and clean now, well worth putting up with a little disruption.
@Nana moon 27, I hope the trip away with your grandchildren is going well and your knee is happier with no stairs, that is certainly the part of my trip I'm looking forward to. Good luck with the op in September, fingers crossed this will sort you out for good.
Have a great trip to France @yiayia3, good luck with the boat hunting and I hope your back gives you some peace. I hope the surprise party goes well.
Hi @Judlepip, I expect you are quite tired with all the celebrations you have been having, it must have been lovely to see so many family and friends in such a short space of time.
Continue to strengthen those muscles @TexasTee, I'm convinced that is the best thing to do to prepare for the op, that is why I'm so cross to have my left knee out of action at the moment, I need to get it strong as I'm sure the OS will agree to a TKR soon. I want to be able to go on long walks again, your daily walks sound good @marmora, that is definitely the right thing to be doing to aid your recovery. I fully intended to be walking along the beach in France, fingers crossed I will be able to.
Hope all is well with you @chestnc and your pain meds are sorted out.
A big hello to anyone I have missed, I've visited knee or two other threads but I really must start on my jobs now
Have a great day everyone, Lyn xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay - hope today goes well for you, and don't overdo with that cleaning! I have this lovely image of you telling your husband you are finished and the caravan is all packed, and then you keep sneaking out all evening putting more and more bits in there!

I hope that you have a truly lovely time in France, that your 'new bad knee' starts to respond well and the work done during the arthroscopy takes effect and you begin to really feel the benefit.

Make sure that you make the most of all that yummy French food and wine - but not too much walking on the beach as it is hard on the knees! I hope it wont be many days before you can hop on your bike again.

My decorators are still going strong - couple more days to go as they are not working full days, due to waiting for paint to dry, so I will have to live in disruption for a bit longer. Thankfully they are really good and they vac and clean each day when they leave AND remove those pesky dust sheets!

But best of all ........... I have a working dishwasher! They arrived just after 7 am (yawn) - had the old one out and fitted the new in with little hassle. The doors fit even more flush than the originals - a good job! I now have to read the instruction book - so many more buttons and functions than my old one - and yet I will probably only ever use a couple of the programmes .....

Well - you have a busy day ahead, Lyn. Try not to wear yourself out before you leave.

Safe travels and have fun - look forward to hearing about your adventure while you are away - wifi permitting - or once you get back.

Take care

XXOOXX
 
Good Morning Lyn,
@Ellejay
Busy day for you with packing, getting stitches out, organising house before you head off to France.
So, do appreciate that you took some time for your 'Au Revoir'.

Wishing you sunny blue skies, time to relax, cycle and swim and enjoy French Cuisine -yummy.

Enjoy,
Cathie
 
Ellejay have a lovely relaxing time I. France. You deserve it after these last few weeks. Take care and Enjoy❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Have a wonderful time in France @Ellejay! How can you not? I'm sure that after a few days more rest and good French wine your knee will cooperate and you'll have a pan free vacation. Keeping fingers crossed!

I will definitely take your advice - I've been doing full body strength training and as many yoga classes as I can manage - my dual goals at this point are to look good at whatever tropical spot we pick for our winter holidays and to be in as good of shape as possible for the op. Late January is going to be here in no time.
 
@Ellejay have a wonderful time in France know what you mean about the packing always take far too much because I can,hope your knee improves and you have lots of sun, sea and plenty of french vino.
Feeling nervous about the party but all going to plan at the moment,keep in touch if you can I will also post if I can get WiFi enjoy xx
 
Have a wonderful time in France!! Take care of yourself! xoxoxo
 
@Ellejay. Have a wonderful trip and relax. We'll all be here when you return if you can't get Wifi!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, it's five weeks today since the arthroscopy on my left knee, and I still regret having it done. The pain is horrid, I can only walk with a stick, and I can't drive, I'm on a 24 hr cycle of pain killers and it still hurts. It was painful before the op, but nothing like this. I see the OS on Monday week, hopefully he will agree to another cortisone injection to tide me over, and then agree to a TKR after Christmas. The last three weeks have been really hot and sunny, so at least I've been able to sit and relax, but I haven't done much else, no exploring towns and villages, no walks or bike rides, and - no shopping! Even my husband says my knee must be painful for me to turn down the chance to go shopping.
 
Ellejay - I hope your OS doesn't make you wait any longer! After you and Karrington having the arthroscopies with little good I am very skeptical. Actually thankful my OS would not consider it. I am not happy I had another surgery but am thrilled to think each day brings improvement. And when you have had one that works it is awesome! I will be saying a special prayer for you and hope you start the process! Hugs.
 
I'm sorry to hear about your knee @Ellejay. Hopefully you'll get it sorted/scheduled soon. @Jozilla, my arthroscopy made my knee worse as well - I think it's a factor of trimming back the meniscus (you had a tear, right Ellejay?) and 'cleaning it up'. Josephine pointed out once that when surgeons go out and 'clean up' the knee, they are cutting off all the little spurs and whatnots that actually help keep the bones from rubbing together so much (please pardon my highly technical jargon). I was pretty much 3 months exactly from my scope to my TKR as I the scope made things so much worse. So silly that insurance makes you go thru pointless steps and discomfort when everyone knows what the outcome will be. :-(

Anyway, enough of my rambling. So glad the weather is lovely for you on your holiday at least! xoxoxox
 
I'm sorry this didn't work @Ellejay but I am banking on January to be a great month for knee replacements! I'm officially scheduled for 1/26. Maybe we'll be legs up the wall buddies, after all!
 
Same thing happened to me on my first knee. An over enthusiastic debridement on the meniscus to "clean things up," very painful swelling recovery and 3 months later all the cartilage is gone and I need a knee replacement. It's a good thing this doesn't happen to everyone, but it most certainly does to some people.
 
@Ellejay

Hope that your journey home through The Chunnel was comfortable for you.

So, disappointing for you post-Arthroscopy and hopefully at your OS appointment next week will agree to a cortisone injection to find you over until the more than likely TKR.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Thank you Cathie, fingers crossed. Home now, the mountain of washing keeps getting bigger and bigger! You seem to be doing well, I've been speed reading threads, trying to keep up, I've missed lots, but hopefully I'm generally up to date.. Did I read that you are doing long walks every day? If so, well done, xxx
 
@TexasTee
No, not a perfect end to a trip, but I'm sure we all have to do it after a holiday, and the longer the trip the bigger the laundry pile. I still haven't tackled the stairs, my husband has insisted I sit and rest and has just brought me tea whilst he fills the washing machine, what did I do to deserve this? We are planning the rest of the week so that he can drive me everywhere I need to be, I really do have a perfect husband, he is truly wonderful to me.
I hope your knee is holding up and you will be OK until you have the TKR, just don't go accepting any arthroscopies, they are definitely bad for knees!
 
Very lucky lady (well, in all but the knee department!) - no more 'scopes here, thank goodness! My new OS looked at my files and agreed that there was no point in doing anything other than replacing it. Surgery is 4 months out...will be glad to done with it. I don't think I'll be one of the replace one and realize the other is toast - it is arthritic but nothing like the right one.
Your husband is rocking this! It will be interesting to see how my shiny new husband does...I am as healthy as a horse other than my knee, not so much as the sniffles since we've been together. I'm a horrible patient! I'm guessing when he asked me to marry him he didn't expect to have a cyborg for a wife before our first anniversary!
 
Back
Top Bottom