TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi @Nana moon 27 @dogwheels @TexasTee @Judlepip @Jozilla @Yorkshiregal54 @yiayia3 @robynhood @Karringtyn @Chihuahuan @DogLoverx3 (sorry if I've missed anyone, but hope you are here anyway)
Gosh, I go away for a day and get 20 alerts when I sign back in! Internet here is very patchy, and we have pitched our caravan next to our friends who are expecting me in there in five minutes for drinks, so I'm sorry, I must be really quick.
@yiayia3 - I don't know whether you will get to see this before you go - Bon Voyage, keep safe and have a wonderful trip. I hope that your back holds up for you, may be the sunshine will do it some good. I will be following you south very shortly.
@dogwheels, I hope Captain Birdseye is well and that you are enjoying your single status for a few days.
@nana moon, just in case I don't get back on here before, I wish you all the best for Tuesday morning, I so hope that you get some answers, you deserve them after all you've been through and are still going through.
@TexasTee and others, thank you so much for all your kind remarks about my daughter, if only I'd had a crystal ball when she was 16, it would have saved me a lot of heartache back then.
@Yorkshiregal54, you are being treated so badly, it's a disgrace that people like you who have spent their life caring for others should be treated like this. I am so sorry.

A quick catch up to all ........re carpet moths (little horrors) they are nothing like ordinary moths, very small and their egg cases look like grains of rice. They only eat natural fibres, and have obviously thoroughly enjoyed my wool carpet, and have even tried the leather suite, luckily only at the back where it is dark. We had to pull out all the furniture in the lounge before we left, I had already vacuumed on Thursday, much to my knee's disgust, and then we sprayed the areas overnight, then on Friday morning we sprinkled the room with an insecticide powder. I know the chemical warfare sounds horrific but I couldn't risk any further damage. All of this because I haven't been vacuuming as thoroughly as I usually do - something else to blame on my knee.
The Meloxicam seems to be helping, it is early days but we were able to enjoy a wonderful walk around a coastal nature reserve in Lincolnshire today and although both knees area bit stiff now at least I could manage it, and last night I was able to sleep without waking because of pain, so that really is progress.
I am enjoying being back in the caravan, we are on a lovely peaceful site, and now I know we are off to France it's even more exciting, as I'm now planning what to pack and what to leave out.
Really sorry if I haven't answered someone's question or acknowledged something from another thread, but I must go now, our friends next door will think I'm very rude, hubby went in ages ago. I will try to look in again soon.
Take care everyone, and bless you all for your continued friendship, it means so much to me.
Lyn xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Ellejay have an amazing holiday. I'm so glad you managed a nice walk and you're not in too much pain or anything. Thank you for your kind words and everything. I will post, I promise and you can pick it up whenever. If you can't get to the threads don't worry, we'll all still be here for you! I may be going away on Tuesday night to the caravan so I'll do the usual wifi poaching when I can. Xxxxx love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi all. @Nana moon 27 @dogwheels @TexasTee @Judlepip @Jozilla @Yorkshiregal54 @yiayia3 @robynhood @Chihuahuan @DogLoverx3 Hope I haven't missed anyone! I hope all planned breaks go as planned. Yuk to the carpet moths. I hope that's all sorted now. Lyn, I'm so glad you're having a restful and enjoyable break. That's just for starters - France is round the corner! I'm envious. I live oit when we visit France. I'm doing really well. Knee's behaving really well I seem to be able yo walk without a limp a lot if the time. Doing lots of exercise too!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Oops. That posted before I had a chance to correct it! Hope you can make sense of it. Love to all. Keep happy and know that relief to pain is round the corner!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Judlepip, well done on your progress, it all sounds good.
You asked in an earlier post why I was paying for PT, apparently I was only entitled to my 4 group sessions, but I really needed more, so I've had to go privately. last week I did ask my GP if he could help and he said he would refer me to the local hospital for some more PT, but it would take months for the referral to come through. That's ok, hopefully it will be when I get back from France.
 
Hi @TexasTee, sorry, my life does seem to be one holiday at the moment but I'm not in a France yet. We've brought our touring caravan to Lincolnshire for a few days (it's a bank holiday weekend over here), it's a convenient meeting place between where we live and where our friends we are with live, they are from Leeds, in Yorkshire. We will travel to France in a couple of weeks. If you have the time some time, look back to page 4 of this thread, post 65(?), there is a picture of our tourer. We have a different car now, but the van in the picture will be our home for eight weeks.
I will have a guided injection into my knee just before I go, so I may be able to be med free for the first time in about two years, fingers crossed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ellejay. So pleased you're enjoying your time in the van. Not so good on the moths Eeeeeeeek we are at the van this weekend and we have had a lovely few days here in Anglesey. We went to Port Meirion today and I actually completed the coastal walk there. What beautiful views we had. And for once my knees were good and didn't complain. I too only had the four sessions of physio after my op. When my doctor referred me back to physio they wernt much help then either. They blamed my lack of ROM on lack of physio O really !!!!!!! Hope you have a lovely time Ellejay before you leave us for France and I hope the NSAIDs you're taking work for you. I think we all deserve some good "knee" times. Take Care


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Oh @robynhood the coastal walk at Port Meirion is stunning. It's been a number of years since I've done it. Another nice one is at a place called Dolgellau. It is a circular route called "The Precipice Walk". It starts and finishes in a proper car park with half reasonable public toilets! The lake that you end up walking around halfway is called Llyn Cynywch and that is where I used to go fly fishing with my husband. We both used to be members of the Dolgellau Anglers Club. I gave it up when my knee got so bad. I'm so pleased that you completed the walk at Port Meirion xxxx
 
Oh I so love Wales, as a child I spent all my holidays on the Welsh coast, and then in my teenage years I joined a walking group (which is where I met my husband, I was only 17) and we would have weekends in North Wales, staying in youth hostels. When I was teaching I was always the volunteer to go on residential school trips and I've lost count of the times I've walked up Snowdon with school parties. When my children were small we shared many holidays with another family who had a house in Pembrokeshire. I feel that Wales is my second home, but living in the East of the country it is quite a journey.
 
Hi @Ellejay - very nice caravan! So lovely that you are able to get out and enjoy such exotic (to me!) destinations by car. My husband would love to get an RV and tour the country but I'm slightly less enchanted by driving long distances and it takes 8 hours to get out of Texas! So nearly everything is far...oh well, perhaps someday.
 
Me too @Ellejay lots of happy memories of days out and holidays in Wales. I love the place. I am so happy we have the caravan there now. I am looking forward to future days out and more memories to make. To make it even better my knee had been so good and hasn't give me any trouble at all. How good is that


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Eight hours @TexasTee, my goodness I knew Texas was a large area but I didn't know how large. Which other state are you closest to? Can you get to the coast easily from where you are? My American geography us improving in leaps and bounds since bring on this site. Whenever we go abroad we head Eastwards, I love learn about completely different cultures, so we've visited India, Thailand, Oman, Dubai, as well as Europe, but I've never been to USA.
@robynhood, I'm so pleased that your knee is behaving itself, doesn't life seem so much better when it does?
Fingers crossed it continues to do so.
 
Hi @Ellejay - glad you are enjoying your break and hope the weather has been as good with you as it has been here. A bit on the chilly side, but lovely and sunny.
Happy that your knee is holding up enough to get out and about a bit and the new meds are doing their stuff.
Safe trip back home and talk soon.
X
 
Hi @Ellejay - yes, Texas is pretty huge and Austin is just about dead center.

New Mexico, Lousiana, Oklahoma and Colorado are all basically boardering and Texas does have a coastline - Gulf of Mexico - it's about 3 hours or so.

I think you're just spoiled by what you know - the grass is greener, for me, at least - in Europe where you do have so many diverse cultures. We're pretty much all blended up over here!
 
Hi @Ellejay

You clearly have experience of God's own country as they call it here, on a freezing cold day. It's beautiful and sunny but oh the wind and the chill make it so bitter. The site I poach the wifi on has tourers on as well as static caravans. It is called Ynysmaengwyn. It is a lovely site x we started off with a trailer tent on here many years ago, then a tourer and eventually went down the static route. It is lovely to have a home from home but I miss the freedom of a tourer and being able to explore different places in the country.

What lovely memories you have of this place! The hardest walk I ever did was Cader Idris. It's well worth the uphill struggle. There is a beautiful lake at the top and it's amazing to see! I'm glad I did that when I did, as I would have been gutted now knowing I couldn't do it now.

I hope that you are ok? Catch you soon love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Yes @Nana moon 27, I was taken up Cader Idris several times as a child, but couldn't do it now. On our recent trip to Anglesey I wanted to get the train to the top of Snowdon, something I would have felt really guilty about in my younger years, but as I've done it under my own steam several times I felt that I deserved a train trip this time- but it wasn't running, we were there too early in the season, boo!
I went to the pool again this morning to continue the good work that the massage yesterday had started, I really felt my Rom was increasing a lot- but still not enough for me to ride my bike, one day :whistle:
 
Hey @Ellejay, can I ask what type of exercises you do in the pool? Thanks x


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
We almost got on the train last week @Ellejay but it was a very cloudy day and we reckoned we wouldn't see much of Snowden. It's £30 a person now that's gone up a lot since last time I went up there. And my knee was being very very good but I don't think it would have got me up. Snowden.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Back
Top Bottom