THR Elf1 Recovery Road

@Elf1 Hope you get that appointment tomorrow and get some answers. So sorry it is hurting so much. Will be thinking of you and hoping soon you'll be back on track...
 
I'm so sorry, Elf...hate to see you struggling like this. Prayers you get in tomorrow, they determine the origin of the pain and advise on what you can do to obtain speedy relief.
Hugs
@Elf1
 
That level
Of pain doesn’t sound right to me and the jacuzzi jets should not have caused that. Hope your OS can give you some answers. The exercise is aggravating something for sure.
 
I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I do hope you can get into see the doc and get some answers and some relief. Thinking of you @Elf1
 
Afternoon everyone! Just got back a little bit ago from the new doctors office and seeing the PA. Very nice guy, very knowledgeable and listened to what I had to say and gave me his take on what is going on. Prescribed Baclofen (muscle relaxer) 3x day and Lidocaine patches to start. We're hoping this works, if not will do a trigger point injection next week when I see the Doc.

I have some very tight muscles in my left back and side as well as a big ole knot! We discussed when do I remember pain appearing, etc. and told him the only major thing I did last week was the one day of PT. He asked if she did anything around my back area and said she had done an adjustment of my SIs that are out of whack and showed him an area in the middle of my back that she kind of pressed on a few times. He thinks this could very well be the cause of my swelling, tightness and discomfort. He also said that even with all our new technology that sometimes when you have hip/knee surgery your body still does weird stuff. Kind of one step forward and two back. And the adjustment on top of it added to the irritation of my muscles. I told him about the drawing of what we think recovery looks like and the one of actually looks like. He thought that explained it quite well.

Also asked about PT next week and he said to cancel for now as it would probably irritate the muscles even more. He said to try alternating ice with heat to see if we can bring the inflammation down. So, we'll see what happens! Thanks for all your wonderful thoughts, they are definitely appreciated.
:flwrysmile::loveshwr:
 
Very good report @Elf1 … it's reassuring when the doctor doesn't get impressed with what he sees and feels. I would absolutely stop all PT until you begin to feel better (if at all). I am 4 months and have done very little PT. I have done stretching and light exercise, and all is well. If I overdo it one day, I rest the next several days, and I am better. Feel better soon!
 
Hi @Elf1
Good to know that you have something to try and prayers it brings you speedy relief. Thankfully at this point it doesn't sound like it's anything serious, but most likely a result of the manipulation you received via PT. I'm certainly not minimizing any discomfort you're dealing with, but happy to hear his thoughts on it all. I hope the muscle relaxer and patches allow for some restorative rest.
Wishing you comfort and sending a hug.
 
This is good news @Elf1 ! I know that you are still suffering, but they are listening to you and looking for solutions. Really hope you get some relief soon now.
 
Hi Elfie!! Oh boy, back pain can be so debilitating.. glad you were able to see the PA and he sounds like he was very helpful. Sometimes just having things explained can help so much.
I've have some SI joint issues and am seeing my regular Chiro Dr, I've seen her for years and trust her to be cautious and gentle. Interesting that yours flared up after after the PT manipulated it. ugh!
I hope you can get some R and R now and it eases soon.
Up to that point you were sounding pretty good so I bet you will bounce back quickly.. here's hoping!!!
Sending you back healing vibes!! :ice: :console2: @Elf1
 
Absolutely want to join with others in sending you positive, healing vibes, @Elf1. It's a bummer that you're having issues, but it sounds like you got some advice and suggestions going forward and I hope those works. I hope that muscle relaxer kicks in quickly and you get some relief. Back pain is always a problem, but really hard when you're still recovering from hip surgery. So sorry you're in pain--that's not fun at all. Fingers and toes crossed that things will turn a corner shortly and you'll be feeling better.
 
Just catching up...glad you were able to get in to doc so quickly.
Also very glad you are taking a PT sabbatical.
Hope today is chilled out.:ice:

Healing hugs, my hippy pal:friends:
 
@Elf1 So glad that it seems you found a doc who listens and I am confident those drugs will ease the pain until the back recovers. You said the pool made you feel wonderful, well maybe when all is done and good perhaps going there will make you feel better. Forego the PT . I am so chagrined to hear of all your suffering.It truly is a miserable state. I had back pain every 6 weeks or so when I would be so bent over and couldn't return to a straight position and it was unbearable. This was the precursor of my OA in the hip unbeknownst to me. I empathize with your situation and I am sending positive ,healing thoughts your way. You deserve to be pain-free,mobile and happy.
 
It's too bad to hear of your pain. I hope it gets taken care of soon. It seem to take just one thing to set us back for a time, bummer. I'll start PT next week to get those tight muscles and tendons to relax. There's a YMCA close, however it's open swimming in the evenings. I'd like to try pool walking, however not with the little ones playing tag. You take care as I know you are. :curtsey:
 
So glad to hear you’ve already been in to consult with your doctor and have a plan for relief in place! Sending you all the good wishes, @Elf1 !
 
@mikeycat the hurricane shouldn't really affect us over here in Texas, especially where I am. Usually the most we have to deal with is some rain which is usually welcome at this time of year.

Thanks everyone for your sweet, healing thoughts. Still feeling pretty rough, stayed stretched out in bed until about 1:30 then came out to sit on couch for a while, now stretched out on in. Lidocaine patches did nothing which isn't a surprise as I've used them in the past with same results. Now I remember why I try to stay away from muscle relaxers, took the 3 I was prescribed yesterday and was laying in bed this morning watching my feet twitch, when I wasn't sleeping. And didn't really feel any benefit from them. When I try to move or get up, especially when laying down it feels like something is ripping in my back and side. Shot a note on the portal about 5:00 this morning to the PA in the hopes he might suggest something else before the holiday weekend but just checked and there's no response yet. Thinking since it's almost quitting time probably won't hear anything back until Tuesday. They have at least 48 hours to get back with you. Guessing I'll just keep babying myself until my appointment next week.

Everyone have a great weekend, don't overdo, but have fun! Will try and catch up on everyone's threads.
 
Oh dear, that’s very disappointing that you didn’t receive a message back, especially considering your pain still sounds acute. Very much hoping those muscles will relax as you keep still and rest. So sorry you are in pain.
 
@Ptarmigan I think the resting and doing nothing is working better than the muscle relaxers and lidocaine patches so going to keep with that for the weekend. Noticed a while ago that I can now walk, even putting down right foot, and lean into cane a little without major pain. So now it's livable, just really still an issue when I go to get up from sitting or standing. Thinking rest is what the muscles needed.

Thanks for checking on me, everyone has been so sweet, really brightens a person's day!
:loveshwr:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom