THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Hope you're soon feeling better @Elf1 - so easy to succomb to all these bugs when the immune system is low. Very well done on the decision to quit the job! Life is too short to spend it doing a job you hate, if you don't have to!
 
Hello Elfie!! My summer surgery buddy better settle down her antics..! Now a virus? That is such a bummer, I did that in my first recovery.. thankful that so far I've escaped any colds or viruses.. I hope I didn't just jinx myself :shocked:
You are all cozied up and enjoying the Eagles concerts.. sounds relaxing.
f?rom what you've described on here it does sound like you've got some trigger points flared up in your lower back muscles.. will be interesting to see what you're Dr. says. The trigger point therapy sounds good!
Take care and good luck with your Dr appt. @Elf1
 
Hope you're feeling better today, @Elf1 Such a bummer to be a recovering hipster AND catch a virus going around. It must make you feel mutinous--so unfair--but glad to read you're resting and chilling out, the smart and sensible approach. Here's hoping today you'll be on the mend.
 
Aww, love the Eagles. The soundtrack of our life, huh, Elf?
I'd love to see Don Henley because you know the days are coming when the touring will stop and with the loss of Glen Frey we already feel the void. I have GF's song True Love (love) on my playlist along with Eagles oldies for sure. Ok enough on that....

I sure hope you're feeling even better today and your appetite has returned. Only five days to go and you'll have two months of recovery under your belt already! :happydance:You'll be going into the holidays strong and the New Year should be fab. :yes!: Have a great week!
@Elf1
 
Sorry about the bug and the pain but glad you have made a decision which you feel was right leaving your job. Imagine all that stress will be gone. Stress weighs heavy on us and I believe hampers our recovery process.Be prepared to have the time of your life now--it's a comin......
 
Ohhhh I loooooooove the Eagles!! The soundtrack to many good parties in my college days! And of course Hotel California...and Life in the Fast Lane...those bizarre but oh so realistic reminders of my home state. :dubious:You've got me going on a nostalgia trip tonight! Hope you are recovering from that bug and sleeping sound. Night nights, elf. :sleep:
 
Doing much better today, most of the virus symptoms are gone, still a bit of stomach issues. My system is weird anyway so I'm thinking part of that is my body retaliating from the surgery! :snork:

Went to the store today to grab supplies for dinner next couple of days. Figured I'd maybe wait until after I see new doc on Thursday before hitting the pool. Think I'm going to cancel the rest of my PT appts. Even vacuumed today!

Love me some Eagles! So jealous have friends that are flying to Vegas to see them in concert, I think there are very limited shows for this tour. Have heard that Glen's son was joining the band to kind of fill Dad's spot. Will be interesting to hear about it when our friends get back.
 
Loved reading your update. Especially your cancellation of PT. :yes:
There’s time for that after you heal up a bit more, right?
Glad to see you are feeling better!
 
Hi my hippy pal.
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and that you are taking things slow and mindful.
It's going to get there and you will no longer have an excuse to relax and laze about.
Continued healing mojo coming your way.:) :-) (:
 
Good Morning and a happy Wednesday to you!
It's good to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully another day or two and your stomach issues will be completely gone. Making it through grocery shopping and vacuuming is a good sign.

Tickets for concerts are so ridiculously expensive now days, I'm shocked. I think back in the early 70's big name concerts were around $10 which is now laughable.

Good luck with the appointment with the new doctor tomorrow. I hope you like him and get the okay to take a dip. :swim:
Enjoy the day!
@Elf1
 
Good morning, @Elf1, glad to read that your viral symptoms are abating. If you were able to get out and go to the store, you must be feeling better--hurray! And vacuuming?!! You gotta be feeling one heck of a lot better to drag that out. Hope the upward trend continues. Have a good "hump day"!
 
@Elf1 Glad you are starting to feel better from last weekend. So sorry you got sick during your recovery, but glad you are more mobile so you could do what you needed to do to recover. Sounds like you were doing some reflecting and made an important decision for you, not to go back to a job you hate. Smart of you to get the health benefits squared away. Hoping to hear you are feeling much better soon!
 
So sorry to hear you picked up a bug, they can be so draining and when we are recovering anyway seem much tougher to shift. Glad you are on the mend. I too love the Eagles. Many happy memories of their songs from my youth. Great stuff on dumping the job too. Nothing worse than working at a job that doesnt serve you.
 
@mikeycat I'm doing much better, thank you for asking. Bug seems to have moved along so very happy about that. Had our visit with our new doc yesterday, went very well. He seems to be very personable, very engaged, uses a common sense approach and turns out he's a military veteran as we are so have us all some common ground to start off with. Since I was still having pain in my back and side we did a quick trigger point injection. Didn't have any numbing agent mixed in so was still painful yesterday. Noticed this morning that it is obviously working on the inflammation as the pain is way better today.

Not sure if it's still the energy drain or has to do with sleep hasn't been the greatest lately with all that's been going on or what. Doesn't help that we lost power for about 1 1/2 hours last night. Went to get my hair trimmed today, checked the Skechers store for a pair of shoes I went, then to Kohl's (in same shopping center) for a little bit a quick visit to Hobby Lobby. Was totally exhausted when I got home and ended up snoozing for about an hour on the couch.

How are you feeling today? Better in hoping, you've just not had any breaks lately. Wishing you a peaceful weekend.
 
Glad to hear you're feeling much improved.. whew! Did you find your Sketchers? I'm thinking not.. but maybe I misread. I'm what, about 12 days ahead of you and I'm just now getting that energy drain under control. In fact I've only napped a couple times this week and that was after working in the studio.
so, maybe you will notice an abatement of the energy drain also. :ok:
@Elf1
 
@Elf1 Glad the bug has moved on. Glad you like your new doctor. And sounds like shopping is fun. I love Hobby Lobby here too. Hope you got your sketchers, they are nice shoes.
And I hope your back pain gets better. Mine was bothering me a little for a couple days then went away. Nothing major.
 
It sounds like things are still progressing, @Elf1, with shopping, new doctor who sounds like a good fit for you, and shot--although painful--is perhaps doing its job and you're feeling better this Saturday. Also happy to read that pesky viral bug is gone, and I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend. I think energy drain is real for a long time--while I'm not napping as much, I am really tired in the evenings and my brain is toast. I think you should just relax into that and nap as you are able and just gently roll along this recovery trail. Despite the energy drain it is clear you ARE making progress and it is only going to get better with time. Happy Saturday!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom