Guest viewing is limited

TKR Doreen’s Post Op journey

Actually no to the Norco. my GP adjusted my other meds...Celebrex one in the morning and one at night...1 neurontin twice a day and 2 at bedtime but something is tearing up my stomach today. And I’ve been doing 2 Tramadol every 4-6 hours. I am already so much better!
 
Stayed in bed most all night. Got up about 2:15 right a pain pill. Lots and lots of stiffness therefore lots of tossing and turning but am ok. Elevated and hand stitching before a quick visit with Mom on the way to PT. Gonna be a good day.
 
Right on woman! There's so many meds out there huh? So many different choices, I'm glad whatever people find to give them relief cuz this is an amazing pain. I'm going to try some melatonin for sleep. Have a good day-
 
One day at a time. Some nights will be better than others for a while. It's great you're doing things during your day and taking things slow.
 
So I’ve been doing pretty good lately till yesterday was an off day for me. Had some emotional worries and frustrations along with a lot of heaviness in my leg and the restlessness was back. Hard night sleeping and up at 340 to take pain pills and mess around on the phone. Wanted to check in.
 
There will be lots of better and worse days for a while yet. I was surprised to find that emotional issues and stress can contribute to making the knee feel worse.

One day at a time and we’ll get through this. :console2:
 
I didn’t fight it last night. Decided to just watch some tv and get a nap or two later. Thankful this site has so much info on it so I don’t have to worry about all the weird changes. New bruises or stiffness. On my way to PT. Looking forward to the massage part lol
 
Oh yes, stress can make the knees hurt more. If you think about it, when you are stressed your muscles are tight. Those tight knee muscles will cause more pain! So, try to relax! Easier said than done, I know!
 
I take Melatonin (10 mg) and it marginally helps. I still wake up several times a night trying to get comfy. The nerve sensitivity has improved, I’m guessing largely due to Gabapentin. I started taking B12. I heard is good for nerve pain. My mom had shingles and her doc told her to take B complex for nerve pain. She said it helps. My cleaning lady also said it helps her with restless legs syndrome. The things you learn out of necessity. ‍️:sigh:
 
I take a **** load of vitamins and gabapentin. I have been sleeping pretty good in bed all night for the last few nights until last night was a wreck. I haven’t even had to use the Tylenol pm. Thought about it last night but was already in bed and didn’t want to get up. Guess I should have. Just finished PT. My extension was 6 so I’m getting there but my thigh and hamstring are pretty tight. He said to get my rolling pin out. One more thing to put by my chair lol
 
You're not far out of surgery. Sleep likely will be problematic for a while.
Personally the rolling pin seems a bit harsh for this point in your recovery. Maybe a little gentle massage or just some gentle stretches.
 
I have used a rolling pin here and there. Not too hard, though. It works for me. I also used it when I had hip bursitis. My IT band would get so tight. When my muscles are really aggravating me, I use it. Have used it since the early days of recovery.
 
I have a lot on a TV tray next to my spot on the the couch!
 
I had two end tables. Unfortuantely, my kitties thought I set up my second one for them. They kept knocking stuff off. It kept me active! Thank God it wasn't my food being knocked off and spilled on the floor! That would have been very dangerous for my kitty! :tantrum2:
 
The kitties think everything is for them! Been there! :catdance:

Which is why dogs have masters and cats have staff! :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom