THR Dopey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cane is tricky. Sometimes I almost trip over mine.
 
Hopefully it makes walking easier for you. My physio guy lowered mine by two notches, much better.
 
Quite painful all day. Feel as though I need to go back to an every 4 hr Percoset routine for a day or so to get it back in control. Can't pinpoint anything I've done differently to irritate things. Could sleeping on my non-op side be a problem -- I've done it from day 1 post-op.
 
Hi Jen

I'm sorry to read you're uncomfortable. Sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster. You are still in early recovery looking at the date on your signature. Canes are a nightmare until they're exactly right for us.

I was browsing through the hippie site, looking at information, as moms just had hers replaced yesterday. Shes doing ok I'm glad to say. I spotted the purple flower and thought I'd say hi!

Wishing you well

Love Ann x
 
@Nana moon 27 Glad your Mom is doing well. It's up and down much like knees but no way near as painful :wink: I see you are still having your patella sorted out --gosh it's been a long drawn out experience. Hope this is the final op.
Jen :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Jen I think this has to be the last op. I had a different surgeon this time. I'm so positive this time around! Thanks for explaining about hip pain. Mom will be grateful as I can pass this on to her.

How are you getting on? I hope you get comfortable soon

Love Ann
 
Four weeks post-op tomorrow. Went for a walk --on crutches-- outside this morning for about 15 minutes as it was cool enough. We are back to the heat tomorrow --yuk!
Feel as though I'm turning a corner :fingersx: --pain is under better control since I added in the extra Tylenol to the reduced Percoset dose.
Back on grandparent duty later in the week so need to store up some energy for then. Thankfully cleaning lady comes on Tuesday so I don't have to mop up dog hair before they come. :froggies:
 
It's amazing how much dog hair winds up everywhere except the dog.

I'm glad to hear you are doing better and grandkids are great medicine.
 
4 weeks + 1 day since I was released from hospital. Getting closer to where I want to be. Looked after grandkids for 2 days this week while their nurse Mom is on duty --we take the 6 yr old to and from school and have the 3 yr old during the day. Little one no longer naps :nah:Gosh was it tiring and I didn't do much with them.
Went out for coffee with a friend this morning and a quick look at the sale rack of a favorite clothing store --nothing inspiring but friend did well! Did better with a cane --I have to really concentrate on my gait. Now I'm icing and elevating and hoping for a nap!
Best news is that I'm nearly off the Percoset -- GP wants me to take some at night to sleep well so I'm just taking 1/2 tab plus Tylenol then and Tylenol in the day time.
 
I admire that you are able to look after a non-napping 3 year old!!! If I did nothing but SIT, it would be mentally taxing to be in charge of my little, sweet, same-age grand daughter. I give you great credit. Either that.....or you need to have your head examined!!! You're one week longer post-op than me.....so you're encouraging.
 
1 month out and it sounds like you're well on your way back to living life--grandkids, shopping with friends, minimal pain meds--all good!
 
I admire that you are able to look after a non-napping 3 year old!!! If I did nothing but SIT, it would be mentally taxing to be in charge of my little, sweet, same-age grand daughter. I give you great credit. Either that.....or you need to have your head examined!!! You're one week longer post-op than me.....so you're encouraging.
I have Grandpa who she adores -- I mostly just sat and kept track while Grandpa did the school run.
 
@Josephine Do you have any information on what feels like zingy nerves on the side of my thigh? Sometimes it feels like a stabbing pain but is primarily very sensitive skin. I am walking around the house for exercise.
 
@Chihuahuan - I'm feeling the same thing....only I describe it as rubbing against shards of glass. I can only imagine that it is the fibers of our muscles re-knitting themselves together, or we're feeling something adhering to the new appliance we've been blessed with. I'll be watching for any reply you receive.
 
@Chihuahuan - I'm feeling the same thing....only I describe it as rubbing against shards of glass. I can only imagine that it is the fibers of our muscles re-knitting themselves together, or we're feeling something adhering to the new appliance we've been blessed with. I'll be watching for any reply you receive.
Glad I'm not the only one --awful feeling. Wish it would go away ASAP :groan:
 
Starting to walk without any support. Gave up on the cane! Feel as though I'm having to relearn how to walk correctly. I'm using the floor tile grout lines to keep me straight --had the same issue when my right knee was "done". Thigh is still zippy (@Nana2-8 description of shards of glass is right-on) but I do feel a very slight improvement. Wonder if an anti-inflammatory would help @Josephine
 
@Chihuahuan
Congrats on walking without an aid! I remember having to concentrate not to limp for quite some time (I think for at least four or so weeks). Even now (4 months post-op) I still need to concentrate on my walk when I'm very tired. I sure hope that odd sensation clears up soon.
 
Hi Jen. That sharp zippy sensation....I had that with both THRS during the first month or two after surgery. Magnesium supplements helped tamp it down for me. Something to do with nerve endings and electrical impulses. Would always happen to me in the middle of the night and jolt me right out of a sound sleep!

Magnesium is a star

Sharon
 
Hi Jen. That sharp zippy sensation....I had that with both THRS during the first month or two after surgery. Magnesium supplements helped tamp it down for me. Something to do with nerve endings and electrical impulses. Would always happen to me in the middle of the night and jolt me right out of a sound sleep!

Magnesium is a star

Sharon
@sharonslp Thanks so much. That is what I was suspecting. What type of Mg did you use?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom