Guest viewing is limited

THR Dopey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Royal1383
Hi Ken: It certainly is a slow process.
In the hospital they had me on a telemetry monitor. (One of their cautions if you have a cardiac clearance). They discovered that every time I fell asleep my oxygen sats dropped so I came home on oxygen. Have to see how I am after being on the antibiotics for 10 days and not being on the Percoset. Probably will end up having a sleep apnea and pulmonary study done.
My memory is awful -- I looked up the side effects of Percoset and I have every one :yikes:
 
Just discovered your post-op thread. Glad to see you on the recovery side. I had the plumbing back-up issue and the memory difficulties as well. I started to taper off the hard stuff at week 2 post-op, but until then I embraced the sleep. My body craved it to help recover. Slow and steady wins the race.
 
@gullimac : You are so right about the sleep. :sleeep::yawn::sleeep: Just wish I could remember and plan in a coherent way.
Sore to sit on right side today -- ice gel pack works wonders as a cold cushion.
Washed hair in sink again -- next best thing to a shower --followed by dressing change so I'm as clean as it gets. PT here soon followed by lunch and a nap then grandkids --yeah! :froggies:
 
@Chihuahuan @Nana2-8 Blessings [emoji257][emoji176][emoji257] to you ! I think you are 3 days ahead! Ditto on the hair-washing. Waiting to get my staples out first. We're only a few days apart in recovery, and I hope to see ( read ) more of your healing journey. Keeping you in my prayers. [emoji120]

Do you have chihuahuas?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Chihuahuan
I experienced the same drop in oxygen while in the hospital! Every time I fell asleep, the nurses would come in and put the canola on me. I'm supposed to go and have a spirometer test, but heck, who wants to start dealing with additional health issues once you've gone through two THR's? I'll break down and go to the pulmonologist once I get back from vacation. Hope today sees you well! Hugs!
 
@Chihuahuan @Nana2-8 Blessings [emoji257][emoji176][emoji257] to you ! I think you are 3 days ahead! Ditto on the hair-washing. Waiting to get my staples out first. We're only a few days apart in recovery, and I hope to see ( read ) more of your healing journey. Keeping you in my prayers. [emoji120]

Do you have chihuahuas?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I have Chihuahua crosses from the animal shelter and also live in the Chihuahaun desert so it seems like a good name.
 
@Chihuahuan
I experienced the same drop in oxygen while in the hospital! Every time I fell asleep, the nurses would come in and put the canola on me. I'm supposed to go and have a spirometer test, but heck, who wants to start dealing with additional health issues once you've gone through two THR's? I'll break down and go to the pulmonologist once I get back from vacation. Hope today sees you well! Hugs!
The canola made me chuckle!
So agree about more testing. I got a pulse oximeter and blood pressure cuff to monitor myself a little. Pretty sure it is to do with the Percoset so when I check in with my GP I'll see what he thinks.
Day of appointments at home today -- Comcast. nurse, and PT. Then a well earned nap. :sleeep:
 
I am quite happy to hang out doing nothing much but read and plan vacations. The light in our bedroom is lovely so I'm happy to stay in here all day. I visited the garden early today --lots of veggies and flowers. The burgundy colored hibiscus are glorious! Making me think about an Hawaiian adventure for 2018.
Wish it were a little cooler so I could have breakfast outside. Maybe on Tuesday when it's supposed to be about 92F.
 
I hope it gets cooler as well. It's still 112, and was supposed to be in 90s today, although I heard some thunder.
Sound of rain would be soothing[emoji97][emoji98][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]phhnñ


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Two weeks post-op. I was released by the home health nurse today :cool:
Last home PT tomorrow and then see OS for his post-op check. :curtsey:
Then it will be out patient PT with my most favorite therapist. There is definitely work to do on the quads related to the RTKR and new hip. Thankfully I am in good hands. :yes!:
 
First OS post-op office visit this morning. Wore me out !
OS was impressed with how I could move my leg and said once I was off pain meds I could drive. I'm staying on them for a while longer...... no rush on my part. They took xrays (one of my former students is their xray tech :) ) and they looked really good. See him again in 4 weeks to work on rotating new hip to put on socks and shoes. He said no need for additional PT and all I need to do is walk and continue home PT regime. Sound familiar @Josephine
 
Woke up feeling "better" today. The soft tissue soreness is less zingy/zippy and appetite is better.
One recommendation I have is to have a pill box for just one days worth of meds. Lets me clearly see what I've taken per day. I've not experienced fuzzy-brain so badly before with my joint replacements and it gets quite scary when I can't remember what meds I've taken in really short periods of time.
It's home PT without my physio today; OS wants me to continue it on my own, along with walking, until I see him in 4 weeks time.
I still snooze about twice a day.
:sleep::sleep::sleep: Time for a nap. Jen
 
Hi Jen...:wave:

I'm so happy your OS says you don't need PT. I fought with myself for weeks whether to go to PT or not. I decided to just monitor my progress and if everything was going well, I'd just wait. Now at three months and five months post-op, I'm so happy I didn't go. I have no pain, a teeny limp when I'm tired and I had my full ROM return within a few weeks. I hope you experience the same great results.

Memory...oh honey, I literally couldn't remember if I took a pill five minutes after I took it for the first couple of months! It WAS quite unsettling! I then purchased a pill box and an erasable crayon board (I really loved this board) which made all the difference in the world!

I didn't mind laying around and watching tv for the first six weeks or so, but then the boredom really hit me hard. Then I started going for short trips shopping (as long as they had electric scooters) and that helped me a lot. My daughter and I had a gay old time, as I zipped around those shopping aisles! I was embarrassed at first, but I ended up enjoying that so many shoppers offered to let me go to the front of the check out lines! We had a ball, laughing all the way! :heehee:
 
Did I goof this morning..... started to do leg glides and butt squeezes before Percoset kicked in --the zingy nerve tissue thingy just above my knee was not nice at all. Lesson learned!
Reduced Percoset to every 6 hrs -- had been taking 5 a day of Oxy 5mg/ 325 Acetamenophen. Will do this timing until pain is okay then drop down again by using 1/2 a pill every 6 hrs plus some regular Tylenol. Very very slowly... :bored:
Lovely visit from grandkids this afternoon (age 6 and 3). They were so happy to see me easily moving around on crutches. Had an indoor trampoline for them to bounce on so we all had great fun. :froggies:
 
I'm sorry to hear that @Chihuahuan!
Good idea to get ahead of that pain again and slowly lower your dose. I lowered mine a half pill every few days, which worked out well. If you continue to have pain, maybe a day or two of no exercising might be of help too? AND of course, don't forget our favorite friend :ice:.........:heehee:

Hope you get to feeling better ASAP! :console2:
 
Aw, Jen, I envy you that you got to be with your 6 and 3 year olds! Tho mine are only a few blocks away, I am longing to see them! They would be the BEST medicine!!! However, our living quarters have been reduced by 'all things Nana' , and my portable tables, etc., they haven't come over. They have a dog at their house, so we haven't ventured over there. You are lucky to have spent some time with them.

Glad to hear you are listening to your body with regard to pain meds. If we can see a glimmer of improvement in movement, and reduction of pain, in each day, I consider that a good day!! Keep up the good work
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom