THR Dopey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nana2-8 They are great medicine and are very gentle around me. I showed them my boo-boo so they know what is going on. My lady cave is our bedroom so they play in there while I ice and elevate.
This is a bit of a "downer" day -- don't know why but just feel slightly low. I know it's part of the process just have to be patient and wait it out.
 
I'm sorry you're having a downer day. At least we've all been warned that its quite common. Here's to a brighter tomorrow. We've come a long way, baby! This journey builds our inner character as well. I've got your hand....and am counting on you when I slide in the meantime, you rest and take care of self
 
Knowing they are normal doesn't always make those downer days any easier to deal with, does it? I found the weather affected my mood in the early days of recovery and if I wasn't sitting out in the sunshine for a couple of hours I got very grumpy and frustrated.
:blackcloud:
I hope tomorrow is a better day!
 
Decided to have my first shower. I could have done since Tuesday but did not have the courage :unsure:. (Know how you feel @Nana2-8)
Felt lovely to attack my left foot with a pumice -- it's the only one that builds up a "hoof". Have not been able to bend the right one properly for about 10 years. What a treat that will be when I can do that :yes!:
Hoping the Olympics will lift my spirits :SUNsmile: . It's way too hot to be outside.
 
I've never had any problems with depression until I had my THR! I'm still getting those blue days 3 months
post-op. :-(
 
I find such comfort in knowing that when those inevitable dark and difficult days come, I will have such a support system of BoneSmarties who will be able to completely understand and commiserate with me....
I'm sorry today was one of those down days, Jen, but you got your first shower in (hurray! - that's a BIG accomplishment!), spent some sweet time with the grands, and hopefully you'll wake to a little brighter tomorrow. When one day at a time seems just a little too much, we'll do this thing, one hour at a time!!! Sending you hugs on this Saturday evening...xoxoxox
 
Feel better today --decided to take a little control over the pain meds and begin the very slow process of withdrawal.
 
I'm glad you're feeling better today @Chihuahuan! I thought I had won the battle when most of my pain had stopped, that was until I stopped the pain meds suddenly! Not good! Because I took them for about six weeks before my first THR and then had to take them for my second THR (about 10 weeks later), I was on them for a long time, so getting off of them has been a real struggle. Now I only take one if I've got a very active day ahead of me with lots of walking and/or stair climbing. I pray you have a much easier time getting off of them than I did.
 
Good Monday morning @Chihuahuan - I hope today is a calm and serene one for you.
Don't know if I ever manage serene but do calm quite well :) Lovely music on NPR this morning. Brahms third symphony. Hope I don't doze off because I feel a nap coming on.
Very little pain in hip joint but still have tingly zippiness across front of thigh. Have a feeling that will be the last thing to get resolved --just need patience.
 
@Chihuahuan Catching up on your thread. Sounds like you are moving right along. Glad your grand kids came to visit and helped lift your spirits. :)
 
Grandkids are wonderful. My youngest two live here in Yuma so I'm around them almost weekly. The older two are in Tucson so we were with them for the three weeks.

I'm glad you are feeling better @Chihuahuan. Depression is not fun on a good day.
 
@Cynthia777 Do you know when is an appropriate time to begin massaging the incision? I think with my knees it was after the steri-strips fell off.
 
Unfortunately I don't. I never have massaged mine and they healed up nicely. Are you having a problem with the incision?
 
Unfortunately I don't. I never have massaged mine and they healed up nicely. Are you having a problem with the incision?
No problems --part is a little thick but will sort itself out over time. I usually heal well so no worries.
 
Good luck today with your Dr appointment. I hope he is able to guide you in the reduction of your Percocet.
 
Hi @Chihuahuan hope you're having a good day. My physio said it's ok to massage the incision about 2 or 3 weeks post op. He said the reason is to keep the scar tissue from adhering itself to the soft tissue. He said the window for that is about 3 months after that it won't do much good.
 
Hi @Chihuahuan hope you're having a good day. My physio said it's ok to massage the incision about 2 or 3 weeks post op. He said the reason is to keep the scar tissue from adhering itself to the soft tissue. He said the window for that is about 3 months after that it won't do much good.
Thanks -- that's what I was recollecting.
 
Have been struggling trying to walk with a cane then I looked up how to adjust the height...... I had mine way too high it's no wonder I was wobbling. I have long arms so my wrist height is much lower than my hip. Have it adjusted now so will try it out tomorrow when my legs are not tired.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom