MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

Ugh. Long walk on Friday did me in. Very stiff yesterday. So frustrating.
Ah, poo. I'm so sorry your did too much. But, you'll snap back! The rollercoaster ride is very frustrating, but just know that those dips will become less low and shorter lived as time goes on! It gets so much better.
 
I think the new stiffness is localized to the front of my knee at the upper soft tissue above my patella. I mean, I’m still not close to 90 degrees flexion, so there’s that general ‘stiffness,’ but this new stiffness is different.

I see a new PT today because my beloved one is on vacation. A little scared of how that will go, but I’ll tell her I can’t deal with too much challenge today.
 
Aha! I think it is the dreaded and informative ‘tight band’ thing. I looked up ‘tight band’ and boom! There it was. Seems like a step forward in recovery, if not a comfortable one.
 
I still have the tight band in my left and I’m 4 months out. It seems to be lifting a little but comes and goes with overuse.
 
Four weeks! It’s been four, supernaturally long, weeks.

I’m going to a movie today in a theatre with ottomans in the front row. Bringing a pillow and friends.

:happydance:
 
That sounds perfect! Enjoy your day.
 
I really wish I could borrow energy from the future to use now, then rest more in a week or so. I have so many lovely opportunities to celebrate with friends and family, but no energy to do it.

Movie was great, Little Women. But I was so uncomfortable, even in the comfy seats with the ottomans and my camping pillow. Sad. Sad. Sad.

Today, we really need to visit with my mother-in-law who lives 40minutes away. She’s a great mother-in-law, and we love her and she deserves the effort. I’m going to do it, but I’m very, very anxious about the discomfort, and I’ve had to say I wouldn’t go to my friend’s Chanukah party because I don’t think I’ll be up for it after the car trip and visit.

Tomorrow my cousins come from California, staying at an Air B and B, so that’s helpful. But they can be exhausting. So, I think they’re going to eat any energy I have for another friend party on Saturday.

Very sad to be narrowing my social life. I know it will come back, but it makes me blue.

Meanwhile, healing seems to be steady and slow. I’m grateful for how manageable it seems to be. I just wish I could do everything I want to do!
 
This time of year can be so trying for those in recovery. You have to pick and choose what you think you can do then think about what all you'll be able to do next year!

It sounds like you're very sensible about your recovery and that's a good thing!
 
Pretty good morning, so far. Lots of ice and elevation, but I did my exercises too. I also did some self-massage with gentle cupping. I think it helps ease the fascia tightness and moves some fluid toward the lymph nodes or however that lymphatic drainage system works. My knee felt very good after I did it. I’m not sure it really does anything, but it doesn’t hurt, it feels good, and it gives me something else to do toward my own healing.

After yesterday’s uncomfortable trip to mother-in-law. I was worried I would be totally grounded, but I’m okay. Yay! Happy third day of Christmas, fifth day of Chanukah, and all other reasons to remember joy!
 
Oh my gosh. I’ve got my stretchy jeans on. Really?!

It’s only okay because I can’t bend my knee enough for the fabric to exert pressure on my knee cap, but . .. Yay! Normal clothes!
 
How did you do the cupping on your knee? I have had it done in a massage session, but not sure where to begin for the knee...is it a technique you found on YouTube??
 
Hooray for grownup pants! (Which I’ve worn exactly once since my surgery). Milestones matter.
 
@Macknit I used my experience from watching my massage person and an acupuncture person do it for me and from doing it on my neck with soft silicone cups I got from Amazon. Since my PT did gua sha on my knee, I thought I could tolerate cupping too.

I was nervous about doing my knee, but I used light suction and dragged slowly from just below my knee, up the knee (toward my groin) with my leg elevated. I watched for the feeling of pulling on the incision site, which is mostly healed. The incision site seemed well protected.

I have no idea whether this will really help, and I worry about recommending it because, maybe it’s not good for us. But it seemed to help me, and I already had massage oil and the cups. So there was no expense.
 
Well, it makes sense...when the PT did lymph massage my leg was elevated and they would do small circles from just below the knee and up both sides of the knee also. Your technique sounds very similar!

I won't take it as a recommendation, :what: I was just curious and I still have some massages left in my treatment plan, so I will see if the LMT can do something similar!
 
Let me know how it goes @Macknit. I wonder how many PTs can do it. I’m really interested in this focus on lymphatic drainage stuff. I hope to return to an active lifestyle, and I wonder if this approach will help early on.

Also hope to return to my knitting! Where did I put it?
 
Likewise I'm too thinking of trying "massage" to the knee unfortunately my PT don't offer it they only wobble the knee joint from side to side which Is a weird not pleasant feeling so let me know how you both get on with lymphatic drainage as my knee/leg is really quite tight & swollen :hissy:
 
So, now I’m worried. The upper half of my incision isn’t healing well. I just sent a picture to the PA who works with my OS. Is this the kind of thing I could get some reassurance about on BoneSmart?
 
Post a photo for us.
 
I’m shooting another picture. The light messed with that one.
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom