MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

Let’s try again. Here’s a picture. See the area that isn’t closing, and the bruising? Is that okay?

[Bonesmart.org] Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!
 
I think your surgeon needs to see that. It should have closed by now.
 
Thanks. I’ve got a message into them. I’ll call tomorrow too. I might just need some steri strips to hold it closed (she said hopefully).
 
I think you should get that seen to by now it should be fully closed xx
Have you done any forceful exercises/movements that would have reopened it ?
Good luck let us know the outcome xx
 
I don’t think I’ve done anything to reopen it, @Sara61. But it’s been like this for a while. I hope to talk with my doctor or PA today.
 
I had been covering the open part of the wound for a few days, but last night I left it uncovered. I think the scab that formed might help. The redness or bruising is still there around the wound, but the scabbing looks better. Maybe it’s just a slow spot. I’ve got a call in to my doctor this morning.
 
Doctor called in antibiotics and told me to keep it covered. Seems it will be okay.
 
I'm glad you spoke to your doctor and he/she prescribed antibiotics. Do let him/her know if your incision doesn't start to look better soon.
 
Hoping your antibiotics kick in fast and your knee starts to heal again xx
 
I'm happy you got advice and antibiotics for the incision...it does look a tad off! Take care the next few days and no more gymnastics :catdance:

Happy New Year! And Decade!
 
Question: I tried a short drive around our neighborhood, and it was mostly fine. Wait, that wasn’t a question; that was a a progress report. :happydance:

Here’s the question: how do you cope with the seat hitting your knee at just the wrong spot?

As a passenger, I use a bag with pillows to relieve the pressure, but I can’t do that as a driver. I can tolerate it for short trips, but more than 15 minutes would get very tough.
 
Pt gave me the all clear to drive today but suggested I practice some. I’m a little scared to try. I wonder how my seat will hit me. I think I might delay another week or so to be safe. Could you put a pillow behind you to scootch you forward a tad so the seat would hit differently? I think you’ll probably get used to it but in the meantime it might help
 
Drove myself to PT, which required me jump starting my car because something’s up with the battery, grouse grouse, but, hey! I jump started my car and drove to PT! Still slow and steady progress. Stopped off for groceries on the way home, which was not easy, and I might have to wait to actually cook the simple spaghetti dinner I bought the supplies for, but I did it.

Now I’m settling in for rest, ice, and elevation, before shooting a picture of my incision for the doctor to assess the progress in treating the infection, which might not be an infection, but we’re applying liberal doses of caution. I’m not sure it’s getting better, but it’s pretty clearly not getting worse.

Watching Father Brown Mysteries as a salve for all of this activity.

Happy days!
 
Worked today, full day, teaching, tutoring, and singing in choir. It wasn’t easy, but I did it, and I’ll rest tomorrow. Really didn’t manage my time well, but I’ll take what I learned and do better next time.

Funny thing: three of us in the choir were nursing new knees. Three!!! Mine is the senior knee of trio.
 
Funny thing: three of us in the choir were nursing new knees. Three!!! Mine is the senior knee of trio.
Wow, you much have a huge choir! Have you sent the other two to Bonesmart?

It sounds like your day was a blessed one. You know how to manage your knee, so you'll be just fine.
 
Went to work again today. Hardly worked, but still beat! Curled up in my nest now.

@sistersinhim our music director imported some ringers from other choirs he works with, but it is a big group this time.

And it was a blessed day to be back teaching Hebrew and singing. But it was too much. And today was kind of too much too. Both days I had to tutor students, and I felt bad leaving them without support for so many weeks already. I just have to budget my energy so I get what I need and they do too. The grown ups can fend for themselves. Tomorrow, I’m cutting my workday shorter.

all my best!
 
I’m so glad you were able to get back to choir and teaching Hebrew. That’s got to feel great. I go back to work Feb 1. Simultaneously looking forward to and dreading it. I know that in my thread I sound super active, but nearly all of the time I’m not actively exercising, I’m in my recliner, feet up. Or asleep.
 
It sounds like you're getting back to your normal life. Good for you!
 
Had my first post-op appt with surgeon today. He mentioned an MUA. I went pale. I said no more trauma right now. He said, let’s see what you can get in two weeks. I said let’s see what I can learn, too.

So, I’ve paid close attention to BoneSmart with regard to why not to rush into an MUA. I’d love to hear from people who think it was a good choice.

Anybody have good experiences to share about an MUA?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom