MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

That sounds great! Remember, nice and easy movements. Your knee has been wounded from the MUA and needs to be treated gently the next few weeks. Those soft tissues have to heal again.
 
So glad to hear all went well today and that your Rom & extension had improved. Wishing you a speedy recovery xxx
 
My flexion was 110 after some gentle massage and stretching. My extension was 9 and that might have been generous; but it felt like there was ‘give’ when we worked on it. It was amazing. I also pedaled the bike for five minutes! Now I’m back home, nesting with my Polar Care Cube. I bet I’m sore for days to come, maybe longer, but I hope I hang on to, and gain more of, this ROM.
 
Wow, sounds like so far you are doing great. I’m really sore and stiff today. Called my OS and I see him next Tuesday so another week of gently stretching and maybe I can gain a few more degrees.

Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.
 
Don't fret if you lose some of the bend. It's normal to have swelling after a MUA. You are doing the right thing with icing. Don't forget to elevate, too, that will help to get the swelling down.
 
So happy for you @Helizabug! I'm so glad for the extra flexion and a bit more on the extension... You made a good decision for yourself!!! Kudos! Take care now as everyone has been telling you!

Continued prayers and blessings!
 
So happy you made it thru MUA very well. Grand to know it can be a successful option.

Let us know how your knee recovery proceeds over the week. Sending out Great Lake State Michigan ))HUGS(( to you
 
Yay! I’m so happy you’ve gotten more movement. Isn’t it great when you can go around on the bike?? We both did 5 minutes in the bike today too! I think today was the first day I didn’t hesitate or go backwards first. I think my bend is getting better but I’ve still got a twinge when I try to bend mine too far. Sure wakes one up in the morning when I forget and try to get out of my car normally :yikes:
 
Oh my! Welcome home little quadriceps! Much pain this morning, so there will be much rest and much elevation and much ice. But I am undaunted . . . I think.
 
It's not unusual to have pain after a MUA. You are doing the correct thing by resting today with the ice and elevation. I hope you feel better really soon.
 
Yesterday was very tough. Some pain was nauseating, reminiscent of when I tore my ACL. Today is better, but @sistersinhim and others were right to warn me that I would lose some of that early ROM. PT today will not be as joy-filled as Tuesday, but I’m sure she’ll do some gentle massage that will help.

With luck — by which I mean generous amounts of ice, elevation, and rest — I hope to be singing in our benefit concert tonight. I’m not a soloist, so, if I can’t make it, there’s no great loss to the program, but I’d love to do it. Then, I have all day tomorrow to rest.
 
Last edited:
Well, this has been a better day, pain wise, but the weather has been crazy and our concert has been canceled. Alas, but that means extra rest for me, so there’s a silver lining to the swirling storm clouds that have been dumping deluge after deluge upon us.

My ROM flexion wasn’t as good as on Tuesday, but there’s more swelling, so that’s to be expected. My extension is stubbornly clinging to those 10 degrees, so far, but, I’ll stick with it.
 
MUAs don’t normally increase the extension. Many of us did not have 0 extension at your stage. Walking, though not to excess, will encourage the extension over time.
 
That’s good news about extension. I can certainly walk for recovery. That’s good news indeed!
 
Why is it so hard to get extension? I’m doing exercises, like hanging my leg off the bed while lying on my stomach, like letting my heel rest on a pillow while I try to relax while sitting. It’s so very painful and I have to unstraighten it with my hands after that second exercise and I just don’t understand why. Does anyone know why?
 
I don't know why it happens but mine did that for a good long while and I have full extension. It's like it just gets kinda stiff and doesn't want to move at first. I think I'm just at the point where I can sit with my leg straight out for a while and I don't have to physically bend it with my hands when I go to bend it again. I actually kind of feel like its more of my muscles either hamstring or quads that are just being lazy because they've been chilling out for a bit lol (I blame everything on them)
 
Here is an article about extension:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom