Helizabug
graduate
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2019
- Messages
- 700
- Age
- 66
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
@LD of Michigan I still can’t get the rotation for a bike, which is a drag, but fortunately for me, the rower is my favorite cardio equipment.
I agree with @sistersinhim that there’s a good chance it’s not for everyone. There’s great potential for overdoing it because it’s not like other machines.
I spent a lot of time in the last two years learning to row efficiently, in the gym, and, as I look back, it was hard work getting there. I learned from coaches, not just by hopping on and giving it a go. Some people could do that, I gues, but not me.
Okay, enough of my warnings that sound kind of boastful. I’m glad rowing is an option for me because it was a hard-won skill.
I agree with @sistersinhim that there’s a good chance it’s not for everyone. There’s great potential for overdoing it because it’s not like other machines.
I spent a lot of time in the last two years learning to row efficiently, in the gym, and, as I look back, it was hard work getting there. I learned from coaches, not just by hopping on and giving it a go. Some people could do that, I gues, but not me.
Okay, enough of my warnings that sound kind of boastful. I’m glad rowing is an option for me because it was a hard-won skill.

(this is the closest visual I could find!)
with cane/ impossible without cane still....
LOL! I have try to bear up with the pain more to do the step-over-step, slowly, to get better. Just more time needed I suppose...