TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us had that very same popping/clicking or a clunking sound---one thing to remember is that all of the soft tissue in your knee has been replaced by plastic and metal. I was equally concerned about mine, too---but I was also told it was all normal and would go away; either it disappeared, my muscles now drown out the sound, or I am used to and do not actually pay attention to it---I do not know, but I am not aware of the sounds anymore.
 
Oh no!!! Last night around 8 I slipped on some water that the builders d didn't clean up (slobs). Fell on my knee. Nooot structurally damaged but lots of soft tissue damage. Back in hospital on morphine pump. 20 deg and can't bear weight. In a big ugly splint. Doc says I just lost the last month of recovery. So discouraged. So loopy from drugs. Sucks!!
 
Oh No!

So sorry this happened. At least the implant was strong - and soft tissues, although painful now, will heal.
Hugs! ((((((((((Maggie-Lee))))))))))
 
Awwww Hugs . Hopefully the doc is wrong and you wont be put back THAT far. When you get home, put your feet up, relax, watch some TV and recover
[Bonesmart.org] DogLady:  Reinvented.
 
There is no better therapy than having your sweet dogs at your side. They will make you feel better! Give them big hugs!

Try to stay strong. It will get better. Try to be patient, it's sooooo hard.
 
Sorry dl that you had to go thru this pain. i will be praying for you to have a quick recovery...Take care...Sheryl
 
Oh no, sorry to hear about your fall. We all have so much to deal with and then you have to add a fall and more pain to your list. Take care and speedy recovery.
 
Awe man Maggie, I feel so bad for you!:cry: When you least expect it someone comes along and pulls the rug from under you! I hope you heal quickly from this fall so you can continue with your recovery. Hopefully those workers will be done with your house and you can return to normal! Try and stay positive, this too shall pass!:console2:
 
[Bonesmart.org] DogLady:  Reinvented.
Ooooh, Maggie-Lee, soooooo sorry about your fall. Sometimes we just can't win for losing. Please take good care of yourself and give that knee lots of TLC. Please keep us up dated. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] DogLady:  Reinvented.
 
hi everyone. Still in hospital. They put a ROM splint on at 30 deg today. just too much pain if I push more than that at this point. I took a few steps using a walking frame and the split today but can't bear much weight. Heaps of drugs. Not sure how long I"ll be in hospital till I go home. But this is going to make it that much longer before I can get my furry babes out of the kennel. Killing me. I'm really weary....and weepy.
 
Oh dear, so sorry to read you took a fall. But if there is concern, then hospital is the right place to be until everything settles down. Soft tissue damage can be so painful. I did it before my TKR about 6 years ago and it put me onto crutches and non-weight bearing for a few days.

Getting weepy and down is part of the recover from a TKR. I had quite a few down days where I just didn't want to get out of bed as everything seemed such hard work. The one day you realise you can do so much more than you could a week ago and things start to look brigher.

Please just take it all one day at a time and try to stay positive. Not easy I know, but you can get through this setback.
 
Hang in there Maggie!:console2: You are in the right place as Margaret said. I know you're lonely without your babies, but you will be reunited and things will get better! Try and stay positive and soon you'll be on the other side of this mishap.
 
Oh Maggie, I'm so sorry you're in pain, but I'm glad your OS is being careful and making sure you're okay. I'll be praying you make a swifter comeback than he's predicted. I know you want to be home and bring home your furry four-legged friends. Take care my friend, I'm thinking about you. :console2:
 
Oh, so sorry this happened. I'm glad they seem to be taking care of you well, though, dog Lady.
 
HI everyone....thats for all your support. It's traveled all the way to NZ from wherever you are from and is much appreciated.
Still in hospital where they say I will be until I can go home safely. i'm thinking likely another 3-4 days. i've been using the CPM machine 3 times a day and can get up to 45 deg on this. CAn't do quite that well is bending it myself. I'm having a bit of trouble with my right foot. When I came in hospital it was cold and with no pulse. then later that night as they were sorting out a vascular consult, it returned to normal. Now it is intermittently not behaving. So someone comes in every 1/2 or so to check my pulse in that foot. Not sure what is going on with that. But clearly will need it resolved before I leave. If they keep the pain meds coming in rapid succession then the pain is mangable at this point. I'm less weepy today....just have to do what needs to be done to get better. But man, I'm worried about my wee pups. Not good for htem. :-(

I'll keep checking in when I can. But the drugs make teh computer screen a bit diffisult to see.
 
Oh Maggie-Lee, so much to deal with ! But from one dog lady to another ..don't worry about the pups . They will still love you and luckily their sense of time isn't very good so they will be right back in your heart just as soon as its safe for all of you . Just take care of you so you can get back home where you belong !:puppysmooze:
 
Thanks for the update Maggie, I know how hard this must be for you, but you will get through it! I remember the nurses checking my pulse on my ankles too on an hourly basis, that's a good thing! Your wee pups will be okay and so will you. :friends: Take care my friend and stay well and positive! :thumb:
 
Hi Maggie, we haven't heard from you since Aug. 10th and I'm worried! Are you home? How's the recovery going? Do you have your beautiful pups with you now? I hope all is well with you. Drop us a line when you can. We miss you and we care!

Stay well my friend!:friends: Hope to hear from you soon!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi everyone...and espectially Jacky. Sorry for the delay in responding and didnt mean to worry you. I was in hospital for 11 days. Was making me crazy. They were trying to decide if they were going to send me home directly or to a rehab centre. Talking talking talking and no decisions. Then things with my house were very up in the air and I couldnt get builders to return my calls, so didnt even know if I had a house to go to. Then the dogs!! I was uber-stressed!!! So I finally decided I just needed to take control of the situation. I discharged myself, came home directly and have been trying to sort out house things and physio since then. The house situation is a mess: builders have done a lousy job and are not yet finished...still need another week or so. But since they need to order wallpaper (still) I am putting them on hold until I travel overseas in October. I had cleaners come in yesterday to clean up the builders grime and dust so it is livable in. The occupational safety people are filing a report so we will see where we get with that. My knee is better finally: still in ROM brace if I leave the house or if it gets painful. Otherwise on two crutches. Going to physio twice a weekly...in pool for one of those sessions. I finally have about 100 deg flexion, great extension. Pain is much better controlled but still on tramadol. My 'good' knee is being a bit painful at night. I see my OS on Friday. Hopefully the brace will be discontinued and maybe down to one crutch. I'm really really realy hoping to bring the pups home this weekend. I've been without then for two months. Killing me! Next big hurdle is travel from Oct 22 - Nov 10: 5 countries. I'm trying to sort out flights and possible upgrades to at least premium economy.

Thanks for all your support. And thanks for thinking of me Jacky. I love reading your posts. Your positive atittude is infectious.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom