TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] DogLady:  Reinvented. HOME! just grand, ain't it! But messy for you with the workmen still around. Try not to overdo while they're there---I know how hard that is when you see so much that needs to be cleaned up and straightened out. Get some help if you need to---just don't make that knee unhappy.

Take care, keep us posted, we care. [Bonesmart.org] DogLady:  Reinvented.
 
Welcome home! That's great news to start off the week! And be wary of trying to do too much - I know you know but a little reminder never hurt. :wink:
 
Welcome home Maggie!:friends: Soon your babies will be with you and they probably will give you the cold shoulder for being away for so long!:whistle:
 
Hi Judy, Lori and Jacky. I'm really hoping I can bring the 'kids' home this weekend. I dont like my house without them in it. HOpefully by Friday the workers will have finished everything, then its just a matter of getting everything back in place and cleaning up. I may call a professional cleaner in for Friday. Get it nice and tidy before the dogs come in to wreak havoc and leave that lovely little pup hair all over the place. :loll: I spent a lot of time up and around yesterday so was surprised that I slept fairly well last night and have not been too sore. I stayed asleep until 2:00, walked around a little then back to sleep until 6:00. Thats pretty good for me. I have to go into work this morning for a presentation.....some lovely person is donating $400,000 to my research lab so I need to be there to accept his check. Then it's back home...foot up.
 
[Bonesmart.org] DogLady:  Reinvented. I'd go in for $400,000 too! Hope they do finish and you get cleaner in and get the pups back this week-end. Then life WILL be good.
 
Congrats on the donation! And I vote for the cleaning people too! Jess and Charlie are going to be sooooo happy to be home!:puppysmooze: You're going to get puppy love all over the place!:puppysmooze:
 
I WALKED UNAIDED LAST NIGHT!! I've been using one crutch in the morning and two in the evenings when I get stiff and sore. Last night I laid down for about an hour before some friends were coming to take me to dinner. Feel asleep. Woke up late...5 minutes to spare before they came. So I got up and went into the bedroom to get ready. When I got off the bed, I couldnt find my crutch. Grumble!! :gaah: Only to eventually find it in the living room! I forgot all about it. :heehee:

On another note...the builders are about to make me have a temper tantrum and I heard from the kennel owner that my two pups got in a major brawl last night. The stress of kenneling is getting to them. Both had to go to vet for antibiotics and antiinflammatories. :boohoo: I need them home.
 
I WALKED UNAIDED LAST NIGHT!! I've been using one crutch in the morning and two in the evenings when I get stiff and sore. Last night I laid down for about an hour before some friends were coming to take me to dinner. Feel asleep. Woke up late...5 minutes to spare before they came. So I got up and went into the bedroom to get ready. When I got off the bed, I couldnt find my crutch. Grumble!! :gaah: Only to eventually find it in the living room! I forgot all about it. :heehee:

On another note...the builders are about to make me have a temper tantrum and I heard from the kennel owner that my two pups got in a major brawl last night. The stress of kenneling is getting to them. Both had to go to vet for antibiotics and antiinflammatories. :boohoo: I need them home.
Good and bad news. I'm so sorry about the builders and your pups.:sad: But what fabulous news about forgetting your crutch!:happydance:
 
I'm sure you and your pups will feel much better when you are reunited. I remember having pain on outside of leg but I had terrible bruising there and thought that was the source. I was concerned about dvt until I got off blood thinner at one month. I'm six weeks this Thursday and would love more Rom. I'm probably still at 95. What's your ROM. My niece is married to awinw maker from new Zealand. They live in california
 
Awe Maggie, sorry to hear about your babies! :sorry: Did they say how badly they got hurt? I hope they are able to come home soon so you won't worry so much and you'll all be happier.
Wow forgetting your crutch is a big deal, but discovering that you were able to manage without it must have made you smile! Good for you!:friends:
 
Hi Jacky, CFlower and Lori. I think the pups are okay. About once a year they get in an argument. Charlie (my bad boy) always starts it, but in the end is always a bit more beat up. A few puncture wounds and bruises but I think they are okay. I may ask our dog trainer to help me get them back home and settled in the house. He is very firm with them and has a very good bond with Charlie.

I overdid it a bit yesterday so I had a difficult night last night. A bit more discomfort than sleep, so today I'm not going to work....unless the workmen make me run from the house screaming!! Now that would be a sight! :gaah: C Flower....I'm still on aspirin every day for about another month. I have a history of DVT from long haul flights. So he is being a bit extra cautious. I think my ROM is around 100 maybe. Its been slow to improve as I was 90 when I left hospital after one week. QUESTION for anyone: I hear (and feel) popping noises when I bend my knee. That started about 2 weeks ago and makes it uncomfortable to bend. Every step I talk when I re-straighten my knee, it pops. Any guesses what that could be? I would think a metal knee wouldnt do that.
 
DL, muscles, tendons, and ligaments have been stretched during the surgery. So that popping can be the metal hitting the plastic spacer. As the muscles, tendons, and ligaments heal and tighten back up, the popping should stop. (They click, too for some of us. Mine clicked with every step for 2 or 3 months. Has finally stopped.)

Yeah, better get those pups home---for their well-being, of course, but it will do wonders for your state of mind, too.
 
Thanks for that reassurance Judy. I was a bit worried that there was a problem with the implant but was a bit scared to call the surgeon. I really really really dont want another procedure now to fix it. Glad it is not uncommon and is transient. Whew! It doesnt really hurt....just pops and feels weird.
 
Love the new avatar---and right you are---sweet and serious---I'm a cat person, but she makes me just want to hug her!
 
Maggie I'm ditto with Judy on the popping/clicking noise and feel. :thumb: My OS said at my last check up you will get some popping/clicking noise so just remember it's normal until everything tightens up again. He also said some people have it for a really long time. I have it mostly when I'm doing my leg lifts with the weights on my ankles. Not to worry!

Jess is a heart stealer by the way!
 
Thanks Jacky. I was just envisioning that some bone fragments broke loose and were colliding with the implant. You assurances (and those of Judy) are a great relief.
and Yup....Jess has eyes that would melt even the hardest of heart. Sweet gentle love she is.
 
:thumb: My pleasure! Now when you get those two together you must take a picture and use that as your Avatar! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom